The Official Jaimie Alexander/Sif Thread

I think it's because the actress was shooting her own TV-show during Ragnarok filming period.

As predicted, it was scheduling issues that ultimately did Sif in.

“I was asked, but the timing of when they were going to shoot and when Blindspot was gonna shoot — it was pretty much the same time. So there was a conflict there. I was hoping for more of a notice from [the studio] so I could make it work, but it was a short notice thing. They called and said, ‘Hey, by the way, would you come do this?’ I said there is no way I can make that work that fast. It couldn’t happen. They were on a different continent! So it was sad. I was bummed about it.”

Ironically, given what happens to
Hogun, Volstagg and Fandral
, Sif arguably made out lucky.

I'd imagine someone will be making a Thor fic post Ragnarok with Sif showing up. I'm already thinking of writing one myself where Sif goes to Earth and joins with SHIELD (after signing the accords.) deciding if she can't protect Asgard, she can help protect Earth.

I'd imagine someone will be making a Thor fic post Ragnarok with Sif showing up. I'm already thinking of writing one myself where Sif goes to Earth and joins with SHIELD (after signing the accords.) deciding if she can't protect Asgard, she can help protect Earth.

Bummed she's not in it but hopefully she returns in iW someway.

That could happen. Heck my cousin who Arron the film earlier this week, also likes to think Sif ended up on Earth and is in a romance with Jane Foster now.

To be fair,
if they wanted her at short notice then I imagine it was to film a quickie death scene like the Warriors 3. She obviously wasn't needed for anything integral to the plot. Glad Jaimie couldn't make it in that case. I choose to believe she was off world on a solo mission

That would be nice, especially if her character were to get more than five lines and she was able to be a bit more integral to the overall film as opposed to just being a forgettable face that appears here and there throughout.

That would be nice, especially if her character were to get more than five lines and she was able to be a bit more integral to the overall film as opposed to just being a forgettable face that appears here and there throughout.

In Infinity War? Not a chance in Hela.

I could see Sif playing a very significant role in Thor 4 if they introduce Beta Ray Bill. So far her character has not been done justice. They need to fix this. Sadly she was seriously injured during TDW - otherwise I think she might have had a larger role in that movie.

Personally I think Jaimie Alexander is the most beautiful actress in the entire MCU so yeah I want to see more of her LOL.

I'm pretty glad she had scheduling issues if it leaves her to fight another day rather than go out like a punk.

Indeed. That would've been a bigger slap in the face than giving her little to nothing to do.

Sif is finally getting some love from Hasbro.

20180217_152326.jpg

while I liked Valkyrie it seems like Sif could have provided most of that action...

So I'm reading that according to the Russos, Sif didn't survive "the snap"? Man if that's true then I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing her character finally get a chance to shine. Instead she gets an off screen death. Lame.

So I'm reading that according to the Russos, Sif didn't survive "the snap"? Man if that's true then I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing her character finally get a chance to shine. Instead she gets an off screen death. Lame.

I never thought we were likely to see Sif again in the MCU anyway, not after she was completely omitted from Ragnarok (let alone wasn't even mentioned) and the Warrior's Three were given glorified cameos before being killed off.

In all honesty, if they want to bring Sif back, they need to recast her. Jaimie Alexander is beautiful but she's a flat, one note actress and she's always busy with her various TV projects anyway. Marvel Studios are never going to work around her schedule, she's either available when they want her or she's not included.

I never thought we were likely to see Sif again in the MCU anyway, not after she was completely omitted from Ragnarok (let alone wasn't even mentioned) and the Warrior's Three were given glorified cameos before being killed off.

In all honesty, if they want to bring Sif back, they need to recast her. Jaimie Alexander is beautiful but she's a flat, one note actress and she's always busy with her various TV projects anyway. Marvel Studios are never going to work around her schedule, she's either available when they want her or she's not included.

If a recasting is what is needed then so be it (although I've never thought Jaime turned in a bad performance and is the most beautiful actress they ever cast) but it annoys me to see such a major character in the Thor mythos just discarded.

I really hope we don't get a recast. I mean, if Jamie is busy and can't do it because of prior obligations I totally understand that but I'd much rather she actually get a chance to shine as the character because she really deserves it.

I really hope we don't get a recast. I mean, if Jamie is busy and can't do it because of prior obligations I totally understand that but I'd much rather she actually get a chance to shine as the character because she really deserves it.

I agree completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"