The Official Jaimie Alexander/Sif Thread

Wildcard

Cataclysmic Titan
Reaction score
Here's hoping Jaimie gets the screen-time she should've had in the last two movies.

We have this incredibly beautiful & talented actress as Sif, a great character (and an integral one) in Thor's mythology but that gets sacrificed for Natalie Portman & her dimwitted assistant.

This madness needs to end in T3. :woot:

She certainly should get much more of a role this time around. I hope there's hardly any Earth scenes.

Here's hoping Jaimie gets the screen-time she should've had in the last two movies.

We have this incredibly beautiful & talented actress as Sif, a great character (and an integral one) in Thor's mythology but that gets sacrificed for Natalie Portman & her dimwitted assistant.

This madness needs to end in T3. :woot:
Here here!

She certainly should get much more of a role this time around. I hope there's hardly any Earth scenes.

You're not alone there. Besides Thor & Jane breaking it off, I'd be happy if there were no Earth scenes at all & Thor is strictly relegated to dealing with Asgard & other worlds beyond Earth.

It'd be perfect because it'd give an opportunity for Sif & the Warriors Three to all get the bigger roles they deserve. Each actor cast for the aforementioned character is great & they shouldn't squander their talents.

Don't mean to sound like I'm slamming her but if I want to see Kat Dennings' comedy, I can just watch her show. I wanna see Sif kicking more ass. :shr:

Hopefully Ragnarok is the one where they give the Thor legend its due. I've liked plenty in both films so far but still waiting for the definitive Thor epic. That would probably be my favourite MCU solo if it reached its potential.

She got more screentime/development in one episode of AOS than she did in the last two Thor movies combined. Fix this Marvel. Heck bring Lorelei back for the movie, you've already kind of set her up as more Sif's villain than Thor's. So do more with that.

Oh right. I haven't got to that episode in AoS then. Look forward to it.

Hopefully Ragnarok is the one where they give the Thor legend its due. I've liked plenty in both films so far but still waiting for the definitive Thor epic. That would probably be my favourite MCU solo if it reached its potential.

Let's hope so. I'm a big fan of the first two, I just want the dead weight to be dropped. I'm pretty sure if they actually went all out with Thor & didn't feel the need to keep him Earth bound he could reach an even wider audience.

When Thor's already in Asgard and dealing with an Asgardian threat there shouldn't be too much need to go to Earth (unless Marvel really want to :csad:).

:up:

Agree completely. I hope Marvel recognizes the potential here and doesn't hold back this time.

What does she do and how much screentime does she get in AoS? If it's spoilery I can wait, just tell me the screentime in that case (pls).

She got more screentime/development in one episode of AOS than she did in the last two Thor movies combined. Fix this Marvel. Heck bring Lorelei back for the movie, you've already kind of set her up as more Sif's villain than Thor's. So do more with that.

Yes. I absolutely loved the AOS episode.

Jaimie Alexander and Sif are so underused it's pathetic.

It really is, man...and it pains me.

In the comics I've always loved Sif so when I saw her in the first film, I'm like "oh cool, they'll be building on her." So when she had a small role in the first movie I was cool because it seemed like in TDW she would get an expanded role.

But we all saw how that turned out...more cut scenes in favor of Natalie "I don't really wanna be here" Portman. :o

It seems to me that her role in Thor was bigger than in T:TDW. I loved her in AOS, so I hope they bring back her and Lorelei.

It seems to me that her role in Thor was bigger than in T:TDW. I loved her in AOS, so I hope they bring back her and Lorelei.

I think so too. The first Thor film did a good job of showing what was going on in Asgard even when Thor wasn't there, and Sif was one of our windows into that setting. In Thor's absence, the Warriors Three seemed to follow her lead.

I really hope they give her a meaty role in the next film. Even if it is short on screen time because of all that has to happen in that movie, I hope that Sif plays a pivotal part in the plot (more than just an action buddy of Thor's).

With Jane and Thor having split off screen, I expect Sif to have a very meaty role in Thor 3, and to serve as the main love interest (finally).

Even if they do, Thor showed little interest in Sif in the last movie when Odin was trying to push him that way. If they jump from him breaking up with Jane off screen to suddenly being with Sif than honestly she is just playing the part of the rebound. I think it would take some really strong writing to pull all that off, and there are much better ways to set it up regardless.

Her AoS episode was really good though. Was nice to see her get the screen time with her own adventure.

Even if they do, Thor showed little interest in Sif in the last movie when Odin was trying to push him that way. If they jump from him breaking up with Jane off screen to suddenly being with Sif than honestly she is just playing the part of the rebound. I think it would take some really strong writing to pull all that off, and there are much better ways to set it up regardless.

You're right, there are better ways. I think a better way would just be to have them interacting the whole movie, being involved in deeper affairs together than they have been for & ultimately having to rely on each other more so than in the past.

They need to cultivate a story that realistically builds on their bond. We already know Sif has strong feelings for Thor, now we just need a story that is capable of building Thor's feelings for her in a plausible way.

The safest thing would probably to have them seem like they're ready to take that step by the end of the movie. Would avoid rushing it & like I said before it'd give them an entire movie to further build their chemistry & bond.

Sif is my favorite Thor character so more Sif in Ragnarok would be appreciated.

Well if Marvel is smart they'll do it 'cause more Jane & Darcy ain't gonna cut it for a third outing.

With Jane and Thor having split off screen, I expect Sif to have a very meaty role in Thor 3, and to serve as the main love interest (finally).
Thor and Jane aren't splitting off screen lol. That would be so stupid. Also, Thor and Sif is really, really, reeeally boring. I like Sif and I think she should get a huge role in this one, but not as Thor's love interest. That'll be the worst couple in the MCU.

Unless they have Jane die for a legit reason related to the plot and make Thor truly grieve about it, they should remain together and their relationship should become even more developed in Ragnarok. That god/mortal element just works.

Actually yeah... yeah it has. Maybe you don't ship it, but it works. If I have to post cheesy fanvids to back up my stance then so be it:

[YT]AL-xTyT47d8[/YT]
[YT]ta6QK4YqpSk[/YT]
[YT]j86gKrVFPow[/YT]

Thor and Jane is like Clark and Lois, Thor and Sif is like Clark and WW. Two characters that are the same being together is lame. I doubt their relationship will go sour. There is a reason the final scene of Thor: The Dark World was Thor returning to Earth to be with Jane and planting a passionate kiss on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"