The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'd have already put up a consensus with this many reviews in if not for the fact that only 2 of them are Top Critics. I think they require at least 5 of them to weigh in before they do that so 3 more to go(whenever they decide to get off their butts and review it). Funny thing is that w/ this many reviews already in by the time those 3 Top Critics do chime in, it'll be ready to be officially certified fresh as well. Sitting at 95% like it is right now, I can definitely see this remaining permanently in the 90% percentile range once it is all over.

Is it not 7? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor/#!reviews=top_critics

Man guys, I'm so anxious to see this. I really can't remember anticipating any movie like this.

I've seen it twice and am going again at the weekend. :awesome:

Heh yeah, it is exciting. I remember getting alittle involved on one of the sites for LotR and it gives you a feeling of belonging to the film almost. lol

Maybe SW Episode 1 comes close but that was a big let down.

Just got home from the theater.
Wow, just wow, I give it a solid 8,5.
For me this movie is one of the best superhero comic book movies along with Spider-Man 2, Iron Man and The Dark Knight. :up:

I have been pretty pumped beyond pumped for many a geek film, Lord of the rings, Freddy Vs. Jason, Transformers, Ep.1 and Ep2, Iron Man...etc...And Thor is just added to the list. Crazy days man. And I will get just as giddy and wacked out for Transformers 3, Captain America, Super 8, The Avengers, The Hobbit..so on and so on...AHHHH Tis good to be a geek.

MAN all these positive reviews are GREAT. Don't forget to add to the poll at the top of the Thor threads Whiteknight. :D

Still another week to go, but I'm very encouraged to see more positive reviews rolling in. I think after the good-but-not-great IM2, we need a superhero movie for us to be proud of again, and it looks like Thor will be the one.

Just got home from the theater.
Wow, just wow, I give it a solid 8,5.
For me this movie is one of the best superhero comic book movies along with Spider-Man 2, Iron Man and The Dark Knight. :up:

I wanna know is movie version Thor powerful enough to take on movie version Superman????? That all i wanna know.

Lower your expectations. $500M ain't happening.

I think its possiable, but then i'm talking WW box office. 500 mil alone in the US?? I simply do not see that happening.

From Wikipedia:

Movies with a "Tomatometer" of 75% or better and at least 40 reviews from Tomatometer Critics (including 5 Top Critics) receive the "Certified Fresh" seal

I can't find out at what point it takes for simply the consensus to get smacked on a film, but after some searching I know it doesn't take more than 40 submitted reviews. The part I'm still unsure of there is how many need to be Top Critics. Since Certified Fresh only needs a minimun of 5, I highly doubt more than that is needed for a consensus. Thor so far has 2(Hollywood Reporter & Variety) so 3 more Top Critics would almost certainly be all that's needed for them to go ahead with the consensus.

Heh yeah, it is exciting. I remember getting alittle involved on one of the sites for LotR and it gives you a feeling of belonging to the film almost. lol

I did that for Anghulk2003 and Iron Man 1. I doubt I'll ever be able to muster as much anticipation for a film as I had for those two. Maybe if they ever make an adaption of Anne Rice's The Mummy(my favorite book) for the screen but that's about it.

From Wikipedia:

I can't find out at what point it takes for simply the consensus to get smacked on a film, but after some searching I know it doesn't take more than 40 submitted reviews. The part I'm still unsure of there is how many need to be Top Critics. Since Certified Fresh only needs a minimun of 5, I highly doubt more than that is needed for a consensus. Thor so far has 2(Hollywood Reporter & Variety) so 3 more Top Critics would almost certainly be all that's needed for them to go ahead with the consensus.

I don't understand. The link I gave you shows Thor has 7 top critic reviews.

From Wikipedia:

My guess (and it's only a guess) that on a typical film like this they will have well over 200 reviews. I think they wait until mathmatically it would be impossible to go below 60% to certify it.

Of 40 reviews at 95% positive, obviously they couldn't guarantee that now. However, you can pretty much guarantee it will be certified fresh. Movie reviews are often "group think', and I suspect that most of the reviews will be similar in tone to what we've seen.

I wanna know is movie version Thor powerful enough to take on movie version Superman????? That all i wanna know.

I have no clue, I still haven't seen the movie yet.

Well, all I'm gonna say is that movie version Thor is very powerful IMO because everything was like child's play for him in the movie.
But I hope we'll see the full power of Thor in The Avengers, because we haven't seen him using it fully.

Last edited:
My guess (and it's only a guess) that on a typical film like this they will have well over 200 reviews. I think they wait until mathmatically it would be impossible to go below 60% to certify it.

Of 40 reviews at 95% positive, obviously they couldn't guarantee that now. However, you can pretty much guarantee it will be certified fresh. Movie reviews are often "group think', and I suspect that most of the reviews will be similar in tone to what we've seen.

Well the quote I gave didn't mention any distinction with regards to expected number of reviews and Wiki got that right from RT themselves. And in my searches I've seen loads of films that are very highly rated but don't have a certification or even consensus attached to them since they have less that 40 reviews. And these are films that've been out for a long time. For example: Predator(1987). Still no consensus yet, let alone a fresh certification. It's only got 37 reviews, 5 or which are Top Critics(but one isn't counted as either positive or negative so it's really only 4). And that came out a quarter of a century ago.

Well, all I'm gonna say is that movie version Thor is very powerful IMO because everything was like child's play for him in the movie.
But I hope we'll see the full power of Thor in The Avengers, because we haven't seen him using it fully.

I kinda like the fact the he treats things that way in the film, it's been a longtime coming for seeing Thor portrayed like the powerhouse he is.

Oh and when he unleashes in the Avengers and possibly Thor 2 it's gonna make it THAT much more awe inspiring.

I kind of hope not. I just don't see any good coming from any marvel character doing something as silly as moving the moon or lifting the San Andreas Fault or an entire continent into space. That....that s**t's just ridiculous. No amount of strength could accomplish those feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"