Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMM

Superhero
Reaction score
Discuss all things James McAvoy and Professor Xavier related!

McAvoy%20Xavier.jpg

;)

^ YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!! FTW! All the doubters will be hushed in due time! Love that.

Haha, thanks! :yay:

Anyway, I'm really excited to have someone of McAvoy's talents linked to this film. Hopefully a sign of things to follow.

I'm prety excited too...his casting made me come back to the fandom! :woot:

Since Retroman posted that beautiful picture of Patrick giving the Rising Star Bafta award to James, I decided to try and find the clip. The sound is a bit out of sync, but it's interesting because they showed clips of James doing another wheelchair-bound character, Rory O'Shea - a wonderful performance, btw.
Plus, a Heath Ledger bonus (very short) footage at the end of the clip...
[YT]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7lRPVZTPrg&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7lRPVZTPrg&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

I'm prety excited too...his casting made me come back to the fandom! :woot:

Since Retroman posted that beautiful picture of Patrick giving the Rising Star Bafta award to James, I decided to try and find the clip. The sound is a bit out of sync, but it's interesting because they showed clips of James doing another wheelchair-bound character, Rory O'Shea - a wonderful performance, btw.
Plus, a Heath Ledger bonus (very short) footage at the end of the clip...
[YT]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7lRPVZTPrg&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e7lRPVZTPrg&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

Nice find! That's pretty surreal.

How many James McAvoy movies have YOU seen?
Mine (with comments, because I can't help gushing over the man! :woot:):

Atonement - I just adore everything about this brilliant film, and it's a great injustice that James wasn't nominated for Best Actor that year. My favorite film and favorite performance.
The Last King of Scotland - Another great injustice, because James was as fantastic as Forest. And he was the main character, but I agree that a Best Supporting nom would be fair enough - it's unfortunate it never happened.
Wanted - I don't care what people say, I love this film. I thought it was inventive and crazy and totally different from the majority of summer movies and even from comics-based films - and James was great as the wimp-turned-assassin guy. Timur is a one of a kind director, I want to see more of his stuff.
Penelope - Sweet, and kind of unconventional fairy tale. I know that young girls in general love James in it, but it's not a performance I would rank too high. It was just a nice supporting role.
Inside I'm Dancing (or Rory O'Shea was Here) - wonderful performance of an arrogant, vain, troublemaker, crazy young punk with muscular dystrophy. Highly recommended. :up:
Shakespeare Retold: Macbeth - Scary, intriguing and even funny version of the famous play; another brilliant performance, another favorite.
Starter for 10 - James came directly from the Last King shooting in Uganda to a sweet coming-of-age story about a bright but socially awkward teenager entering College, so this just shows his versatility as an actor - and his "age versatilty" too! :cwink:
Becoming Jane - It's a nice period film, maybe too conventional, but as always I enjoyed James' performance, even though it's not one of my favorite films.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - I never cared much for the film, too childish for me. But something attracted me to the faun guy as soon as he showed up. :woot: He was so charismatic, even in a small, supporting role.
Bright Young Things - Maybe his first role in a big production, it's a pity it was just a small supporting one, because I wanted to know more about the character. James makes us care for his characters even if he's on the screen for five minutes.
Wimbledon - Meh. I don't like the film, but James was nice enough doing comedy.
Bollywood Queen - Errrr...an oddity. Just if you're a James' fan, or a fan of bollywood-type stuff.

The TV series:
State of Play - Well, what can I say? One of the best mini series ever, and I urge you to watch it - it's brilliant writing alongside brilliant performances. Forget about the film, especially because you won't get James as the brash young journalist, simply fantastic.
Children of Dune - Wow. I can't say I'm a fan of Dune in general, but he was SO good in it. So serious and convincing and intense, a lovely emotional performance all around.
Shameless - It seems they'll remake the series in the US, but I don't see how it'll work. Oh well, the original was shamelessly funny, even though I saw only the two initial seasons, because of James and his wife-to-be Anne-Marie Duff, a great actor as well.
Band of Brothers, chapter 4 - "Replacements" - A lot of people are surprised nowadays when they find out James was in it. It was a small supporting role, but I guess it opened a lot of doors for him.

Yep, I'm biased! :oldrazz: But I can't help it, James is my favorite actor right now and I'm so happy he's doing a film based on my favorite group of superheroes ever! :xmen:

I'm not that familiar with the guys work....but he should be fine in the role.

I sort of wish they hadn't shown us a younger CG professor X as Patrick Stewart twice in a row though.

I love this choice, he is such a great actor!!

5 for me:
Wanted
Atonement (One of my favvvvorite movies!)
Penelope
Becoming Jane
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

lol at them passing that still off as a still from X-Men: First Class

lol at Patrick Stewart playing Xavier in "the first two installments" More like four, but something about not letting facts ruin a good story, right?

I didn't care for the snide comment about his wife being nine years older than him.

Last edited:
Wanted
Penelope
Wimbledon
the lion, witch, and the wardrobe

and for shame, i own Atonement, but ive never watched it. in fact, i didnt know that James was in these films mostly. ive never followed him or anything.

Great choice, McAvoy's a great actor. :up:

though, I do think James is an excellent choice for a young Xavier... I am still think, since this movie seems like it well be showing Xavier and Mags in various stages in there life’s, that they still might need cast a second set of actors to portray older Xavier/Mags...
I mean, there’s nearly a 40 year age gap between James and Patrick... I am just not sure I can see them aging him even to the point of the flash back scene we saw at the begin of x3... I think once the story starts to get to that point, then may need someone else... someone in-between their ages to break up that generation gap... (tho, this may not be even needed until the sequel, depending how far there go into the timeline in this movie)

but, with that said (if they could get him) I am thinking, Ralph Fiennes, would be a transition (where James will be great for 30 some Xavier... Ralph could be the late 40s early 50s Xavier)

If they need to make James McAvoy look older they just need to put make up on him. No point spending millions on another actor, even though I like the idea of Fiennes.

If they need to make James McAvoy look older they just need to put make up on him. No point spending millions on another actor, even though I like the idea of Fiennes.
even with make up an such, aging some that much wouldn't really look natural...

but, like I said probably more necessary for the sequel

I hope we see how Charles gets crippled in this.

P.S Do you think Charles will be bald throughout the whole film?

Last edited:
It's so hard to say about the first part. Xavier looked to be in his mid 40's during the beginning of X3 where he was still walking...

Don't know if they'll work with it or around it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"