• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Juggernaut/Vinnie Jones Thread [merged - 3]

spidey207

Civilian
Reaction score
This is the Thread that is dedicated to the character Juggernaut in X3. Discuss anything from casting of Vinnie Jones to his role in the movie to whatever you can think of. :up:

Do you think in X3 they will have the relationship between Juggernaut and Prof X as part of the plot of simply use him as hires muscle. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they did reduce him to hired muscle seeing how they bypassed lady Deathstrike's background in X2. I'm hoping they won't but you never know.

If the rumor of Prof X dying turns out to be true, I can only hope Juggy is the one that comes calling for Xavier's head. Time for a little "chat" with his dear stepbrother.

But really I hope they do Juggy justice and don't use him like Sabretooth or Deathstrike in the previous X-Films. I fully expect them to turn Juggy into a basic mutant with SLIGHT superhuman strength and ONLY mild invulnerability.

My ultimate hope for this movie is that Juggy storms the school and meets face to face with Xavier, only to have to fight Colossus in at least a 3-5minute long fight. And in this fight, they level much of the school and Colossus just doesn't quite have enough power to stop Juggy in the end.

Juggernaut is definately something im looking forward to in X3. I can't wait.

WalkingDead said:
My ultimate hope for this movie is that Juggy storms the school and meets face to face with Xavier, only to have to fight Colossus in at least a 3-5minute long fight. And in this fight, they level much of the school and Colossus just doesn't quite have enough power to stop Juggy in the end.

That would be bada$$.

P.S. jpsketch, I love the avatar, classic.

I like his idea too but who's going to fix the school? LOL But it really depends on how powerfull Juggernaut will be, the gem of cytorrak may be hard to explain.

Crimson Warrior said:
I like his idea too but who's going to fix the school? LOL But it really depends on how powerfull Juggernaut will be, the gem of cytorrak may be hard to explain.

Cyttorak won't be in the movie...there is way too much crap involved with it. Adn if they just say "he's powerful because of a mysterious gem" that'll be one lame prospect.

He'll just be a mutant...less powerful than his comic version, but stil powerful none-the-less.

Most likely it will be like Evolution. So he'll be a mutant.

But anyways...

juggernaut.jpg

juggernaut-800x600.jpg

juggernaut.jpg

juggernaut.jpg

Juggernaut02.jpg

I can live with him being a mutant, but I hope he isnt Sabretooth stand in part 2.

What they should do is have the army or whatever try to raid the school again. Then they see collosus taking on all of them with ease then a man says "Its time to unleash the Juggernaut" then that is when juggernaut comes out to fight collosus.

Blade87 said:
What they should do is have the army or whatever try to raid the school again. Then they see collosus taking on all of them with ease then a man says "Its time to unleash the Juggernaut" then that is when juggernaut comes out to fight collosus.

I'm not trying to be a prick...but...

Why? Why would the military be interested in the mansion again, after the President has had his mind changed at the end of X2? And why would the military unleash the Juggernaut? That makes very little sense and I hope that does not happen.

juggernaut.jpg

This would be a good look for X3. Just a bit more realistic.

^^ One of my personal favorite pictures.

I would prefer that Rogue absorb Juggernaut's super strength, and have a lengthy toe to toe fist fight with him over Colossus.

I mean, I like Colossus and all, but it's time to give Rogue at least a glimpse of what she's like in the comics. And having her at least temporarily absorb Juggernaut's strength, maybe not exactly what Rogue fans want to see happen, but at least they'll get to see her with her super strength.

And, as much as I like Colossus, I don't want yet another character introduced, just to fight with Juggernaut.

I hope that the backstory between Xavier and Juggernaut does happen. Afterall, when it was announced that Juggernaut was in, and that Vinnie Jones was playing him, Avi Arad and Matthew Vaughn both talked about the relationship between Cain and Xavier, and how it would be interesting to play out on screen.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I mean, I like Colossus and all, but it's time to give Rogue at least a glimpse of what she's like in the comics.

Which comic may that be?

Electric Wire said:
Which comic may that be?

Um... just about every comic Rogue is in, where she has certain powers, that although aren't -really- hers, are still trademarks of who she is.

And a display of that superstrength, allowing her to have a fist fight with Juggernaut, would be pretty swell.

jpsketch said:

I'm not familiar with any of Vinnie's work, but something about him just makes me feel REAL comfortable with him as Juggernaut.

As am I. I have high hopes for Juggernaut.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
And, as much as I like Colossus, I don't want yet another character introduced, just to fight with Juggernaut.

I hope that the backstory between Xavier and Juggernaut does happen. Afterall, when it was announced that Juggernaut was in, and that Vinnie Jones was playing him, Avi Arad and Matthew Vaughn both talked about the relationship between Cain and Xavier, and how it would be interesting to play out on screen.

I agree that I don't want Colossus there just to fight Juggernaut...
My point was I hope they flesh out Colossus' character enough, so that he could fight Juggernaut and really have Colossus trying to save Xavier and the school, but just not quite able to. Would give him a really good dynamic of how he tires so hard and wants to save everyone (like how he wanted to stay and help Logan fight in X2).

And while I like Rogue and the idea of getting a partial amount of Juggernaut's super-strength, I don't want them just to use Juggernaut so Rogue can become some strong tear-'em-up character for one or two scenes.

jpsketch said:
As am I. I have high hopes for Juggernaut.

I do as well...
I think if they nail the suit (and not on comic accuracy, I mean make it feel like Juggernaut exists as a real person with presence and power) he'll be able to fully give Juggy his due credit.

Well, I agree with you, WalkingDead, that I'd like the chance to see the REAL Colossus up there on the screen.

I mean, his cameo was awesome. I was mad when Wolverine said "Help them!"

I'm not as big a Colossus fan as I am of say... Gambit, or Beast, or Magneto. But I really like Colossus. I've stated in a previous thread, that in a way, Colossus COULD be the most emotional X-Men character, or one of them.

However, I just dunno if there's room for Colossus in this movie (and that's not something that I prefer to say).

We've already had Nightcrawler cut. We're introducing Beast, Angel, and there seems to be a struggle to get Gambit into the mix (and I very biasly think that it's a much higher priority to get Gambit in than Colossus)... I just don't know if there's gonna be enough room to flesh out Colossus the way we'd all like, as anything more than maybe just someone who tags along and fights in the background, if we even get that.

Rogue is already a character that's been established, and fans of Rogue are still trying to get a glimpse of the Rogue they all know and love. And, Rogue fans have just as much a right to see their favorite character brought to life as fans deserve to see Cyclops lead, Wolverine berserker out, and Gambit blow stuff up.

Again, I would love a chance to see Colossus fleshed out a bit. But, I don't think it's gonna happen, and I think it's a much easier, and better, solution, to give Rogue some temporary super strength to duke it out with Juggernaut for a bit, than to spend time fleshing out a new character just so he could fight Juggernaut for a bit.

Juggy will be the first time we'll be seeing superstrength in the X-Movies. I'd love to see a good slugfest in X-3 so that leaves Colossus or Rogue to fight him. I really dislike Rogue's character and I don't think she's quite ready to absorb a villain as powerful as Juggy(unless X3 is set a few years in the future). I'd rather Colossus fight him but also to have a more developed character. My opinion is extremely biased because I'm a Colossus fanman.

I'm slowly starting to feel better about Vinie partially due to his role in Euro Trip. His rage is really on point. He's like a white Sam Jackson.

P.S. I don't see Gambit contributing much to the team in X3. He would just make for a more complicated love triangle with Rogue and Iceman.

the only problems i have are the facts that he seems to play the same role in every movie hes in, and that hes apparantly became a s*** since he became a moviestar

I liked him in "Gone in 60 seconds", but I just flat like that movie so thats not saying much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"