• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

Is this the secret project filming this year?
Superman (movie)
Peacemaker (show)
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (movie)
Lanterns (show)

This could be a strong lineup and start for 2025.

Is this the secret project filming this year?
Superman (movie)
Peacemaker (show)
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow (movie)
Lanterns (show)

This could be a strong lineup and start for 2025.
He's teased GL news for a few months now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DC isn't going to have a huge presence at Comic Con, but will be doing the DC Fandome thing again, so maybe then we will get some trailers/pictures/announcements/etc?

DC Fandome hasn't been confirmed for this year. As for DC presence at Comic Con, I know James Gunn said he wouldn't be attending, but I don't think that means that nothing from the DCU will be advertised. Moreso since it'll take place about a month before Creature Commandos premieres.

He's teased GL news for a few months now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but DC isn't going to have a huge presence at Comic Con, but will be doing the DC Fandome thing again, so maybe then we will get some trailers/pictures/announcements/etc?
DC Fandome isn't happening. Who said that?

DC Fandome hasn't been confirmed for this year. As for DC presence at Comic Con, I know James Gunn said he wouldn't be attending, but I don't think that means that nothing from the DCU will be advertised. Moreso since it'll take place about a month before Creature Commandos premieres.
And Fandome would need a huge hook if it were to come back. The first one in 2020 because everything was virtual, and you had projects coming like Wonder Woman 1984, ZSJL, The Batman, and a lot of the DCCW shows were still airing strong at the time.

But Superman and Lois is ending. Dead Boy Detectives just dropped. Superman is the only thing filming that we know of. If there was a Fandome this year, which there's no reason for there to be anyway, what would there be to present that we don't know? Maybe more casting, but that could easily be done through Gunn's social media. Warners doesn't have a plethora of projects to announce. Sure, you could show something for Joker: Folie à Deux, but that would probably play more towards the film festivals than a fan event.

Still go with Arnold's son Patrick Schwarzenegger as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern on this show especially if Patrick is still in the running for the role.

There's a costume company filming a fan made Green Lantern live action video. The company is called "In Disguise Designs" I can't believe how great the costume looks. Maybe Gunn can take notes or call this company up for the GL project. I love it!

FB_IMG_1716128831745.jpg

FB_IMG_1716128837266.jpg

FB_IMG_1716128841620.jpg

I mean I guess they hot the design right but... that looks like a Halloween costume.

Only heard great things about Ozark. Been meaning to tune in. Been waiting for confirmation on this though. Pretty crazy grabs on Gunn's part. Been liking the creatives he's accrued for these series so far.

Awesome. I actually have only seen bits of Ozark, but my wife enjoyed the series. Damon Lindelof is the only other name I recognize.

Hopefully they are all Kyle Rayner fans... lol!

Wooo! I wonder if they will take inspiration from the "Green Lantern: Earth One" graphic novel? Different take on the character, but I really loved it. I just notice they use the art from it a lot.

Hype for new GL though! You guys don't know how long I've been waiting for this. :don'tcry:

People be digging up old posts/tweets on Gunn again. They rediscovered his dislike of the Lost series finale where he called Damon Lindelof a "scam artist" "liar" & with "no integrity." :melt:

I loved Lost, didn't hate the ending like a lot did, but I can understand being upset with it lol.

So is the thing that you can only hire people if you like everything you ever did and never said a bad thing about them?

People are weird and need to go outside.
I don't disagree with that lol. Although his choice of words were rather harsh. But I also was there during the finale, and people really were that upset... so I get it lol.

Funny enough, during an episode of Lost, the younger boy named Walt discovers a Green Lantern/Flash comic in the wreckage. Pretty cool that now Lindelof will be working on a Green Lantern project.

I don't disagree with that lol. Although his choice of words were rather harsh. But I also was there during the finale, and people really were that upset... so I get it lol.

Funny enough, during an episode of Lost, the younger boy named Walt discovers a Green Lantern/Flash comic in the wreckage. Pretty cool that now Lindelof will be working on a Green Lantern project.
I never watched...but I had a lot of friends who did and what James said was...tame compared to them ;)

Great to hear about the writers. I really need this to be good and the chances just went up a fair bit.

Great to hear about the writers. I really need this to be good and the chances just went up a fair bit.
Same brotha! I think about half of my comic collection is Green Lantern centered at this point. I'm hoping this series really takes off and becomes something us GL fans can be proud to tell others to watch.

Can't wait til we start getting casting news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"