The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

I can't speak to that but I'm sure there is some lame market research that fed the decision. Focus groups fuel stuff like that not done film that came out over a decade ago.
Disney pulled this with Tangled and Frozen instead of Rapunzel and The Snow Queen when they thought boys were turned off by girly sounding titles.

Sounds good to me.
I like earth bound GL stories with brief side trips to the stars.

Perhaps lantern corps was too loaded. Almost military like

Perhaps lantern corps was too loaded. Almost military like

Yeah, I can understand not wanting it to sound too militaristic. On the other hand though, playing up the “cop” aspect feels a little tone deaf right now too. Eh. I’m just glad we’re getting a GL series and I’m glad it’s Hal and John. I’m a little nervous about the “True Detective” approach just because I worry that it could go too dark but we’ll see.

I’m curious about that image of Hal and John that Gunn used in his video. Is that how the characters look in the comics now? Did they ditch the old GL uniforms for something more low-key?

I’m curious about that image of Hal and John that Gunn used in his video. Is that how the characters look in the comics now? Did they ditch the old GL uniforms for something more low-key?
Those images are from Green Lantern: Earth One, which is essentially a “more grounded” Elseworld take on the lantern mythos. Given how wacky and colorful most GL books are, I’m thinking those Earth One books are gonna be closer to what they’re going for with this, considering the True Detective comparison.

Also I’m pretty sure John Stewart’s a yellow lantern in those, so that may be a clue as to why they’re not calling this Green Lanterns.

Those images are from Green Lantern: Earth One, which is essentially a “more grounded” Elseworld take on the lantern mythos. Given how wacky and colorful most GL books are, I’m thinking those Earth One books are gonna be closer to what they’re going for with this, considering the True Detective comparison.

Also I’m pretty sure John Stewart’s a yellow lantern in those, so that may be a clue as to why they’re not calling this Green Lanterns.

Ah, okay thanks. Yeah I was wondering why John appeared to be using yellow energy there. And if so, then that would make sense why they aren’t using “Green” in the title.

When they eventually get to Guy Gardner I mentioned in another forum I would love to see Rob Mcelhenny get the gig because he’s like the only guy I can think of that can play a lovable *****ebag but no one else seemed to like that idea

Do you reckon Josh Duhamel has aged out of the role for Hal? I kind of like the idea of him looking a bit more seasoned in contrast with John

Even though they were just using it to promote the series, going by the comic art they used, would it be out of the question to get Jensen Ackles for Hal Jordan? He’s kind of the perfect age for a more seasoned Hal Jordan, but not too old that he couldn’t play it for another decade or so. He’s pretty much played characters with similar attitude and temperament before, and I think he would be pretty good for this.

Even though they were just using it to promote the series, going by the comic art they used, would it be out of the question to get Jensen Ackles for Hal Jordan? He’s kind of the perfect age for a more seasoned Hal Jordan, but not too old that he couldn’t play it for another decade or so. He’s pretty much played characters with similar attitude and temperament before, and I think he would be pretty good for this.
He impressed me on The Boys and could be a good Hal. As you say a good age to come across as veteran while being able to last in the role.

I think Jensen would be a wonderful Batman but I keep thinking the brave and the bold version should be a bit more daddy ish. But I guess Jensen isn’t exactly in his twenties anymore

Jensen really impressed me on The Boys and I could definitely see him as Hal. I don’t like him for Batman; even though he proved he can play darker characters I just don’t think he’s the right fit for that. But he would make a great Hal.

I read that that was actually for the older writing room when Berlanti was on board.

Was watching the dcu slate reveal again and noticed that on the chapter titles the Green Lantern show is titled "Precinct Earth". Is this a new thing?

So the first two seasons will be awesome them ir will get so ridiculous I never finish it :rofl: :o

Hal being older than John is a given, I'm just not sure how I'm feeling about Guy Gardner being soooo much older, but maybe it will work out. I dig Nathan Fillion, he just seemed like a great choice for an older Hal.

That said, super hyped for this. Green Lantern & Superman have been my revolving top two favorite characters for awhile now.

I really want to see the other Corps someday. I just don't know if DC would attempt to do them in live action.

Great to see progress on this one. I feel like I have a bigger stake in this one doing well than other shows. I want multiple seasons and many Lanterns featured over the course of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"