The official "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" review thread. First review inside!

And deservingly so. Twilight Princess = Ocarina of Time
Jeff = Idiot

Well it is obviously Gamespot is very biased against Wii. I'd prefer a more fair and balanced reviewer. I trust IGN much more. Game Informer as well, I suppose. Gamespot I've lost all respect for though. I am not *****ing that it isn't a 10, but if it is below a 9, the review was already written in advance then.

GAHH!! An 8.8?! With any other game I'd be pleased, but Zelda deserves higher. That idiot from GS needs to learn why we play Zelda. He killed it b/c he felt it was repeptive and needs a storyline. The reason we keep playing these games is for the new angles, and anyway, what kind of a story line does he want? ITS ZELDA!

I'm taking it you guys all know ING gave it a 9.5? Not a bad score at all. OoT got 10 with them, they said small things like blurry textures were the reason for not giving it a peeeeeeeeerfect score.

Though I don't know why you guys are moaning at a guy that gave it 8.8... still a VERY good score. No need to write him an e-mail imo, it won't accomplish anything. After all, he is the one that's played the game, without playing it yourselves, what can you really say against him?

*hides under fan-boy protective vest*

i bet the reason they haven't released this on the gamecube yet (or first, for that matter) is because it would get the exact same, if not a higher score, with a regular controller. it's just a tricky way of getting people to buy a wii.

I'm still going with the GC version even though I may be picking up a Wii pretty soon thanks to that lovely low price Ninty has graced us with. I may pick it up again on Wii, but for now, its GC for me.

TheGrayGhost said:
LOL:woot:

Some advice: If you really want to voice your complaints, e-mail GameSpot using the link Kipobe provided. Otherwise, take comfort in the fact that Wii has the greatest game in history right out of the gate, "Jeff" be damned.
You know why that's a stupid idea? Because you haven't played the game yet, and no one else has. Gamespot's not going to listen to a bunch of idiot fanboys.

Everyone stop ****ing crying about the poorly constructed review :dry:

WhatsHisFace said:
You know why that's a stupid idea? Because you haven't played the game yet, and no one else has. Gamespot's not going to listen to a bunch of idiot fanboys.

Gamespot are a bunch of idiot fanboy's. :huh:

Yeah, seriously fanboys, you should all be like WHF :cmad:
He's going to love Superman Returns even when it gets a 5.5 from Gamespot :cmad:

Oh wait...:confused:

Sorry :(

WhatsHisFace said:
Hey, why don't you PLAY a game before deciding it's the best game ever.

Exactly, its stupid to argue with someone, when all they need to reply is "You haven't played it." you can't exact argue against that. For all you know, a year today we could all be looking back on this and saying "It rocked... but maybe not as good as OoT."

Gammy79 said:
Yeah, seriously fanboys, you should all be like WHF :cmad:
He's going to love Superman Returns even when it gets a 5.5 from Gamespot :cmad:

Oh wait...:confused:

Sorry :(
Hey, I'm Gamera. I haven't played Twilight Princess but I just KNOW it's the best game ever because it's called Zelda. The franchise never took a dip before, why would it when it was a last generation game with a control gimmick slapped on?

I also know that Red Steel is a Halo killer, because you play it with a nunchuck. It doesn't matter that the AI and graphics suck, or that it's behind the times, all that matters is it's a Wii game and I decided to like it for that soul reason.

Excite Truck: It's actually the best racing game of all time because you play it with the remote. Forget the fact that there aren't many tracks, that winning doesn't matter as much as collecting stars, or that you can complete the whole game in a sitting, because you can play it with the remote!

Excuse me while I go look at mutant breasts.

WhatsHisFace said:
Hey, I'm Gamera. I haven't played Twilight Princess but I just KNOW it's the best game ever because it's called Zelda. The franchise never took a dip before, why would it when it was a last generation game with a control gimmick slapped on?

I also know that Red Steel is a Halo killer, because you play it with a nunchuck. It doesn't matter that the AI and graphics suck, or that it's behind the times, all that matters is it's a Wii game and I decided to like it for that soul reason.

Excite Truck: It's actually the best racing game of all time because you play it with the remote. Forget the fact that there aren't many tracks, that winning doesn't matter as much as collecting stars, or that you can complete the whole game in a sitting, because you can play it with the remote!

Excuse me while I go look at mutant breasts.

*dies*

Goodbye forever, WHF....:(
At least now I know you hate me for sure :(

*waves*

Funny that people here are telling you to PLAY the game before you call it good. Yet they can say "control gimmick" in the same sentance without playing it. ONE freaking review called it a gimmick, ONE.

Yup, the games not a classic because the worst of the review websites said it wasn't. Not only is it the worst review website....but the worst critic reviewed it. Go figure.

Don't worry Gammy, I think your cool.

Gammy79 said:
*dies*

Goodbye forever, WHF....:(
At least now I know you hate me for sure :(

*waves*
Gammy! Get back here so I can give you a big hug!!! :csad: :csad: :csad:

VaderRISE said:
Funny that people here are telling you to PLAY the game before you call it good. Yet they can say "control gimmick" in the same sentance without playing it. ONE freaking review called it a gimmick, ONE.

Yup, the games not a classic because the worst of the review websites said it wasn't. Not only is it the worst review website....but the worst critic reviewed it. Go figure.

Don't worry Gammy, I think your cool.

And yeah, I may have exaggerated about Gamestop, but fat Jeff is definitely the worst reviewer they have.
He's the....Eli Roth of game reviewers!
Because he just sucks, no matter what he does.

Gammy79 said:
And yeah, I may have exaggerated about Gamestop, but fat Jeff is definitely the worst reviewer they have.
He's the....Eli Roth of game reviewers!
Because he just sucks, no matter what he does.

Agreed, when I say GS is the worst review site on the net, I tend to mean it. They don't all SUCK mind you now, I just think some of their critics (Jeff) review games so poorly that your confused at how they can write like they did and still manage to give the game a high eight.

Jeff needs to go elsewhere. GS would be much better without him. He's a downer.

Yes, Eli Roth sucks....huuuuge donkey balls. Kinda makes me sad that he's directing the adaption of Steven Kings "Cell." I was hoping Romero would get it.

VaderRISE said:
Agreed, when I say GS is the worst review site on the net, I tend to mean it. They don't all SUCK mind you now, I just think some of their critics (Jeff) review games so poorly that your confused at how they can write like they did and still manage to give the game a high eight.

Jeff needs to go elsewhere. GS would be much better without him. He's a downer.

Yes, Eli Roth sucks....huuuuge donkey balls. Kinda makes me sad that he's directing the adaption of Steven Kings "Cell." I was hoping Romero would get it.

eliroth.jpg
0053.jpg

jeffgerstmann.jpg

vmug_jeff.jpg
gsm_libertycities_vr_ps2_060706_thumb.jpg

They BOTH have faces that makes me want to punch them until they are dust.

Coincidence?

Look closer, I think Fat Jeff is drinking the Nutty Professor crap. They are one in the same.

They're probably also related to Uwe Boll....in some way. Unless Fat Jeff and Eli Roth fuse to become Uwe Boll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"