• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Mark Strong & Sinestro Thread - Part 1

he was cast as Sinestro who is a known villain. its not like he will be Hal's best friend in this movie.

Sinestro is not a villain. The guardians are the villains. They're responsible for plenty of deaths including an entire planet. Sinestro is the real hero. Not only does he try a different method of getting order in the Universe, he did it with success. FOR SINESTRO!

They will show shades of his somewhat facist way of doing things, but he'll still be viewed as a good guy in this one. Just foreshadowing will do it. Hopefully we get a Sinestro Corps/yellow easter egg.

sinestro_manip03.png

I wonder if they'll keep the same suit design and turn it yellow, or whether it'll be redesigned like the comics.

I'm guessing redesigned. It'd be more interesting, not to mention better for marketing.

I wonder if they'll keep the same suit design and turn it yellow, or whether it'll be redesigned like the comics.

I'm guessing redesigned. It'd be more interesting, not to mention better for marketing.

Most of the costumes now for each Core are very similar, change the color and symbol and call it good. I think DC is trying to rid his last costume from everyone's memory. But even that, it wasn't that different. A crown around his neck instead of a symbol on his chest and a black and blue costume instead of black and yellow.

it will be different. more toys......more money :woot:

But to save money [and thus make money] they'll most likely just use the same base model, ergo same suit design and repaint - that way they wont have to do a new sculpt, they just change the colours and the emblem on the one they have.

people said the same thing about keeping the begins batman costume in TDK, and they're saying the same thing about TDK costume for TDKR. I don't buy it. The increasing revenue from toys will be more than enough to outweigh production costs.

In fact, I think it's very possible we'll see all the big players' costumes tweaked, in smaller or larger ways.

you mean the same CGI model ?
a lot of times they have to model it from start. technology changes and sometimes models are made specific for the pipeline and software from that year.

for example they made Gollum for the second movie with different modeling tools. so for the third movie they modeled him again.

as a fan of 3D art and as someeone who is learning modeling i can tell you that modeling in 2010 and 2011 is easier then ever. ILM,WETA,SONY,..... have pro expensive tools where they can model an asset in a week.

i dont know if i had to see more from SInestro or if i got used to hes design. right now i like him. i like hes skin color ,hes haircut.

i complained a lot. it didnt work. but now that i got used i guess it does.

maybe just maybe Strong's voice is so badass that i came.

Yeah, noticed in the trailer that they thickened Reynolds' calves out too.

i will say this. while i am against a CGI suit i must say that this was the only way to give Mark Strong a comicbook body.

i will say this. while i am against a CGI suit i must say that this was the only way to give Mark Strong a comicbook body.

Haha, you saying old boy is too skinny?

you mean the same CGI model ?
a lot of times they have to model it from start. technology changes and sometimes models are made specific for the pipeline and software from that year.

for example they made Gollum for the second movie with different modeling tools. so for the third movie they modeled him again.

as a fan of 3D art and as someeone who is learning modeling i can tell you that modeling in 2010 and 2011 is easier then ever. ILM,WETA,SONY,..... have pro expensive tools where they can model an asset in a week.

nah man hes talking the toys, the plastic figures,just doing a repaint.

When I first got a glimpse of him, I thought the character was entirely CGI because he looks so awesome.

He is practically perfect looking.

Now that's some good CG right there.

:o

they made the head bigger right?

I wonder if the mark on his face is a scar, or it's just part of his racial traits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"