X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Traffic is down here because there aren't any close X projects happening soon. Hopefully things will pick back soon. I hate how quiet it is. :(

That's thing.

I haven't been in the X Men discussion section for awhile since it's so far off.
Ideally, we would be talking about MCU X Men casting right now but that's a couple to a few years off at this point.

I've been following the on going train wreck which is WB/DC, which isn't always the most uplifting, and healthy thing to do . :funny:

The old X-Men board post-X2 used to be very active just from fan speculation, fun times.
I also think there was more exciment and speculation when we didn't know much about the future. When we thought maybe Endgame could give us some hints, or that Eternals could introduce the concept of mutants, or Wanda could be outed as a mutant in WandaVision, or we could hear about mutants in Madripoor, or that Storm could show up in BP2, or Rogue in CM2, etc, etc, etc... Not knowing kept us speculating.

There was a lot of exciment when we heard the word mutant for the first time and Kamala was outed as one. But soon after they announced almost the entire Multiverse Saga, and now we know there's little to no chance of seeing the MCU X-Men before Phase 7. So for me at least it's hard to speculate or even fan cast when we know we're still yeaaaars away from that movie.

On top of that, I'm not super excited with their decision to not create an original cartoon, bring back some of FOX' stars and still give us no games to play. But next year 97 will premiere and Deadpool will start shooting, so there will be news to talk about and speculate.

I also think there was more exciment and speculation when we didn't know much about the future. When we thought maybe Endgame could give us some hints, or that Eternals could introduce the concept of mutants, or Wanda could be outed as a mutant in WandaVision, or we could hear about mutants in Madripoor, or that Storm could show up in BP2, or Rogue in CM2, etc, etc, etc... Not knowing kept us speculating.

There was a lot of exciment when we heard the word mutant for the first time and Kamala was outed as one. But soon after they announced almost the entire Multiverse Saga, and now we know there's little to no chance of seeing the MCU X-Men before Phase 7. So for me at least it's hard to speculate or even fan cast when we know we're still yeaaaars away from that movie.

On top of that, I'm not super excited with their decision to not create an original cartoon, bring back some of FOX' stars and still give us no games to play. But next year 97 will premiere and Deadpool will start shooting, so there will be news to talk about and speculate.
Yeah true, but back then there were far fewer films in progress and the internet was much younger so there were far fewer material things to talk about in general - it relied on fan imagination to a large extent, and that was plentiful haha. I got more than 30k posts in my first year then with the place being so active. :D

I realise it's tough though when you think something is coming out at a certain time and then realise it's put back further than you expected and now still many years off.

They really need to give us a top quality X-Men game! If there do happen to be any plans for that maybe they would want it to come out at a similar time as the MCU film. If so they'd have to start the game much earlier (if a AAA title) given the turnaround time for modern games.

I hate to say it but I think in general forums are just dying off a bit. People like social media more for this sort of thing like discord or twitter.

I hate to say it but I think in general forums are just dying off a bit. People like social media more for this sort of thing like discord or twitter.
I think this, too. It's sad for me because this is my only forum and I don't use social media much beyond Facebook. :( I miss a lot of people.

This place is a lot quieter now but there are gaming forums I see where there is a post every minute and a thread gets buried 10-15 deep and even off the front page very soon after. So yeah forums aren’t completely dead but some places like Reddit might be doing superhero material more effectively for the new generation.

This place is a lot quieter now but there are gaming forums I see where there is a post every minute and a thread gets buried 10-15 deep and even off the front page very soon after. So yeah forums aren’t completely dead but some places like Reddit might be doing superhero material more effectively for the new generation.
I've never been to Reddit. I thought too many MAGAs and crazies post there.:(

I remember talking about Batman and Robin in on message boards real time on Prodigy waaay back in the day :funny:.
prodigydemo_screenshot.gif

Before even that , the only place I could get news on anything CBM related was a once in a blue moon report on Entertainment Tonight , Access Hollywood or Extra.

Or an actual , physical, magazine like Hero , Wizard, or Starlog.
Man, times I have changed .
s-l1600.jpg

898047.jpg

58-13.jpg

I remember talking about Batman and Robin in on message boards real time on Prodigy waaay back in the day :funny:.

Before even that , the only place I could get news on anything CBM related was a once in a blue moon report on Entertainment Tonight , Access Hollywood or Extra.

s-l1600.jpg

898047.jpg

58-13.jpg
Gambit! :D

yeah unfortunately there’s a lot of that. I recently put up a post asking if there were any other LGBTIQ fans of James Bond and someone sent me a message asking if I did it “just to stir up trouble” :huh::cmad:

yeah unfortunately there’s a lot of that. I recently put up a post asking if there were any other LGBTIQ fans of James Bond and someone sent me a message asking if I did it “just to stir up trouble” :huh::cmad:
No need for that, geez.... not a place I want to visit.

s-l1600.jpg

898047.jpg

58-13.jpg
Prodigy haha, never heard of that.

I used to love getting magazines including Wizard, Starlog and the big film mags and reading through them multiple times, way before having access to internet. All so different now.

Plenty do but also a lot of regular people depending on which reddit subforum. Probably just allowed to get away with a lot more there with less moderation.

Oh, sorry you got that response.

Me Too.
I used to love the Wizard Magazine fancasting section
RFFTFsZe2_7B19PbmLuYItuSpZ3xoOg6WBAUlVH9Nik.jpg

DhjNyGTU8AEpg9o

wizard-magazine-casting-calls-1995-v0-r9xutm27n12a1.jpg
Ha yep, I remember something very similar to this ahead of knowing what characters might be in X3 and I was dreaming about that for weeks after. :D

Reddit isn't really that bad. There are cesspools there but also lots of perfectly pleasant communities. The tone is really entirely dependant on which specific reddit you go to.

Of course, I gave up on reddit anyway because of how weird it is trying to read through their nested conversation style of display. And I don't know if there are any good reddits specifically dedicated to Marvel or superheroes in general since that's not really what I followed there.

Reddit isn't really that bad. There are cesspools there but also lots of perfectly pleasant communities. The tone is really entirely dependant on which specific reddit you go to.

Of course, I gave up on reddit anyway because of how weird it is trying to read through their nested conversation style of display. And I don't know if there are any good reddits specifically dedicated to Marvel or superheroes in general since that's not really what I followed there.
Marvel Studios Spoilers is a solid Reddit community if you're into ruining every upcoming MCU project, LOL.

It mostly depends on what subreddits you visit. Each community on Reddit (subreddit) is basically their own mini-forum with its own rules and moderators specific to that community (with site-wide moderation being mostly there to prevent illegal content and hate campaigns). So in the same way that you might enjoy visiting this forum but not other forums with different topics, rules, and moderation, you could find a subreddit that's a great community for you, or you could find one where you'd feel unwelcome.

Spoilers?
MarvelStudiosSpoilers is the subreddit where people post all the potential leaks and scoops for Marvel movies and shows. So it's great if you enjoy that sort of thing, or terrible if you want everything to be a surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"