X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

I dunno, I prefer a mostly younger group.

I like the reasoning that mutants have always been around in the MCU but in incredibly small numbers. So you’d have a few adults like Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, and Sinister who have been operating in the shadows for awhile. But then the events in IW and Endgame triggered an uptick in mutant gene expressions that’s most prevalent in young adults.

So I’d prefer a Professor in his 40s who’s only been running his school for a few years. On the older end you could maybe have Scott, Jean, Ororo, Hank, and Warren as the first graduating class on the older. On the younger side is Kitty and Jubilee. Bobby and Rogue somewhere in the middle. Pepper in other mutants throughout.

I see X-Men feeling like a combination of Stranger Things and Dune in terms of the young adult approach.
Must have Gambit! :D

I’m telling yall, if anyone, Rogue and Gambit should be the ones played by black actors.

They have too much flavor lol.

I remember wanting to dress up like Gambit as a kid but always feeling like my nappy hair was wrong, so I never did. A black actor as Gambit would legit heal my inner child lol.

I remember wanting to dress up like Gambit as a kid but always feeling like my nappy hair was wrong, so I never did. A black actor as Gambit would legit heal my inner child lol.

Aww.

Bruh, I’ll mail you some red eye contacts and playing cards. Never too old to get your Gambit on LOL

Must have Gambit! :D
I think Gambit is guaranteed for Marvel Studios' X-Men '27, well half of X-Men '97's line up. From that line up, the only ones I don't see being featured in the first MCU X-Men film are Morph and Magneto. The resthave a big chance of appearing.

Though time will tell, if they have a different roster for season 2 and 3 for that show.

I think Gambit is guaranteed for Marvel Studios' X-Men '27, well half of X-Men '97's line up. From that line up, the only ones I don't see being featured in the first MCU X-Men film are Morph and Magneto. The resthave a big chance of appearing.

Though time will tell, if they have a different roster for season 2 and 3 for that show.

They might use Magneto in the first movie then kill him off. Timeline wise, he'd be in his late 80s/early 90s in the MCU. That's not a villain they can keep around too long. Regarding Morph, Mystique covers the shapeshifting angle, is more well known, plus don't they have already Deadpool's girlfriend who ends up being a shapeshifter?

They aren't going to adapt Magneto in 1 film then kill him right there.

Copycat isn't a well known X-Men character. She's more of a X-Force character in the comics.

They aren't going to adapt Magneto in 1 film then kill him right there.
Why not? It would be unexpected, plus we've had 20 years of Magneto in the Fox X-Men films. Taking Magneto out would open up the floor to a new main villain. Also as I've mentioned before, the timeline of the MCU is currently around 2025/2026. Assuming they keep Magneto's holocaust backstory (which they should), his age is going to be a major issue because he'll be approaching his 90s.

I just don't expect that they would do that. I'm not a Magneto fan so I wouldn't mind if he doesn't show up. But he's a popular character.

Why not? It would be unexpected, plus we've had 20 years of Magneto in the Fox X-Men films. Taking Magneto out would open up the floor to a new main villain. Also as I've mentioned before, the timeline of the MCU is currently around 2025/2026. Assuming they keep Magneto's holocaust backstory (which they should), his age is going to be a major issue because he'll be approaching his 90s.

So they should kill Doom his first appearence then? Like it or not, Magneto is one of the best characters in Marvel's roster. Period.

They ain't killing Magneto first appearance. He will be deaged somehow. Whether it be he ages slowly for some reason or he just is younger and is updated somehow.

Yeah, Mags is an a-lister. Whether some of us like it or not.

Reactions: Lip
It made sense to me in X-Men: Evolution; Magneto is a Holocaust survivor using SHIELD tech to de-age/stay young.

It made sense to me in X-Men: Evolution; Magneto is a Holocaust survivor using SHIELD tech to de-age/stay young.
They could easily give him a 2nd mutation, that he ages slowly or doesn't age, like the Wolverine, Selene, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse and in the Fox movies - Mystique.

It is far less drastic compare to what they've done to Kamala Khan's abilities in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"