• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

The franchise was already in Kinberg’s hands at that point.

The best pitch led to Simon Kinberg writing and directing Dark Phoenix.
Who are you directing this to?

You are not new here to know a lot of people here don't like Simon Kinberg. And that Simon Kinberg wasn't under Marvel Studios' supervision fyi. We are not in the Fox era anymore where Lauren Shuler Donner just let Simon Kinberg got away with whatever he wanted.

If you have any concerns regarding this upcoming franchise, you should bring up Kevin Feige as he's the one overseeing the MCU.

Bringing up Simon Kinberg is an unnecessary deflection.

The same studio politics that lead to Kinberg stewardship of the franchise are at play in Marvel Studios.

And to be frank, if you don't think Iger is pressuring Feige to find the blandest mayonaise writer for X-men, you haven't been paying attention.

My post was for everyone on the net saying "the best pitch should win".
Its Hollywood/USA industry what we are talking about here, lets not pretend the best writers and directors are the choosen ones most of the times.
That was my point. "the best pitch" concept sounds perfect on paper, but thats not the reality. Not when Hollywood kept hiring Simon Kinberg, Ratner, Michael Bay and more year after year. This is the reality of movie industry.
And yes, Hollywood/USA industry is homophobic, misogynistic and xenophobic. Sorry but thats a worldwide known fact.

The same studio politics that lead to Kinberg stewardship of the franchise are at play in Marvel Studios.

And to be frank, if you don't think Iger is pressuring Feige to find the blandest mayonaise writer for X-men, you haven't been paying attention.
You also thought Infinity War and Endgame weren't pretty bad Avengers movies so "I have been paying attention". So i don't think a X-Men film made by Marvel Studios and Disney would please you (based from reading your dozen of previous posts which is always negative when it comes to Disney finally adapting the X-Men). So yes I have paid attention.

Anyway, they haven't hired anyone yet and we don't know who are really in talks for this, for the doom mongering to start and compare it to someone like Simon Kinberg of all people.

My post was for everyone on the net saying "the best pitch should win".
Its Hollywood/USA industry what we are talking about here, lets not pretend the best writers and directors are the choosen ones most of the times.
That was my point. "the best pitch" concept sounds perfect on paper, but thats not the reality. Not when Hollywood kept hiring Simon Kinberg, Ratner, Michael Bay and more year after year. This is the reality of movie industry.
And yes, Hollywood/USA industry is homophobic, misogynistic and xenophobic. Sorry but thats a worldwide known fact.
No you were complaining about them hiring a "white writer" as if that would guarantee a bad film.

Then someone disagreed with you, and commented that it should based on someone having "the best pitch/idea", which is a valid point anyway then you suddenly made it about Simon Kinberg....

never ever have I suggested a white writer would mean a bad film.
read my posts again, my points are clean and clear. ;)

so no POC writer for Marvel Studios X-Men then?
this feels like Fox era all over again. (a white american man writing X-Men, and likely both straight men too). I thought Feige would give the opportunity to a minority writer that would have that extra sensitivity and personal connection to the source material and core themes.
Umm you didn't flat out say a bad film, but you were clearly alluding to we are headed to another Fox era which was a mixed bag at best... all because of some unverified Twitter post.

And then you posted "Dont you guys find a bit ironic or "pointless" in a sense to get a black director but then a white straight writer? which will be the one to decide the whole story, scenes and dialogue, at the end of the day.
A director can always change some things here and there, of course, but the heart/core of a movie lies on the writer"

I don't seewhy being straight and white, cannot write or produce a X-Men film. Also like I already pointed out, the overseer of the MCU (Kevin Feige) is white and straight which produced plenty of good to great Marvel movies.

Yup, I'm the guy that hates Infnity War and has been calling the Russos bad directors long before their Netflix films made it a common thought. But my general apathy towards the MCU is not the point.

What I am trying to say, when Iger, Feige's overall boss, is saying that their movies need to focus less on having a message, X-fans should be concerned. Especially when Feige is backing up Iger's statements. When Iger is facing strong challenges from right wing bigots, and he is making statements to calm them down, how do you think an X-fan should react? With positivity? The reason why we believe those rumored writers because it definitely fits within what has been talked about with Feige and Iger. And definitely remove the core theme of the X-men. I don't attack them because they are white. I attack them because their resume is ****ty.

But hey, who cares about the core theme that makes the X-men the X-men. You are going to get pretty colorful costumes.

Yup, I'm the guy that hates Infnity War and has been calling the Russos bad directors long before their Netflix films made it a common thought. But my general apathy towards the MCU is not the point.

What I am trying to say, when Iger, Feige's overall boss, is saying that their movies need to focus less on having a message, X-fans should be concerned. Especially when Feige is backing up Iger's statements. When Iger is facing strong challenges from right wing bigots, and he is making statements to calm them down, how do you think an X-fan should react? With positivity? The reason why we believe those rumored writers because it definitely fits within what has been talked about with Feige and Iger. And definitely remove the core theme of the X-men. I don't attack them because they are white. I attack them because their resume is ****ty.

But hey, who cares about the core theme that makes the X-men the X-men. You are going to get pretty colorful costumes.

Stop making sense.

I will cry myself to sleep if we get non-melanated and/or straight creatives behind this damn reboot after praying for it for so long.

This is too much studio politics for me to try to even argue.

Until I've seen something concrete - there is no need to be completely negative for a film that is merely in very early development stage. Just because Iger said something that didn't please you, it doesn't mean Kevin Feige and the people will eventually hire are instantly going to fall under Iger's spell.

You are complaining about film that is years away, without a director, writer and cast members attached to it

Stop making sense.

I will cry myself to sleep if we get non-melanated and/or straight creatives behind this damn reboot after praying for it for so long.
You are posting this like as if Kevin Feige isn't attached to this reboot... he is and this reboot is probably isn't for you.

I think we all have PTSD from the Fox years. I get it. But look at X-Men '97. Look at Deadpool and Wolverine. Hell, look at the 10 seconds of Beast in The Marvels. Perhaps I'm being ridiculous for having faith.

I think we all have PTSD from the Fox years. I get it. But look at X-Men '97. Look at Deadpool and Wolverine. Hell, look at the 10 seconds of Beast in The Marvels. Perhaps I'm being ridiculous for having faith.

And see what? Colorful costumes do not make or break a movie. 97 was locked in long, long before Iger's recent comments. And to be frank. Deadpool was never the movie about the X-men's core themes, but I absolutely have major concerns about the new movie. Granted, I hated Loki, so the TVA **** does sour me a bit.

You keep bringing up colorful costumes as if anyone here stating those would make these X-Men films instantly better or become great movies.

But maybe just wait, until there's actual information for this reboot. Is this going to be a regular habit from yours, until the film hits theaters in the next 4 to 5years?

You keep bringing up colorful costumes as if anyone here stating those would make these X-Men films instantly better or become great movies.

But maybe just wait, until there's actual information for this reboot. Is this going to be a regular habit from yours, until the film hits theaters in the next 4 to 5years?

Yeah, and everyone's optimism, essentially ignoring what Iger has said very recently, rubs me the wrong way. And to be frank, as along as Ike and Peltz are around, I will be wary of Iger and Feige.

That's all fair, but I never understood being passionately uninterested in something. I feel like I say this all the time, but life is incredibly short. Why waste it on something that makes you miserable? lol.

I guess I don't put so much weight on someone's words (Iger) until I've seen the actual output, which I've already pointed out. Save that energy when the film is released and its not good, or when there's actual information about the reboot. I complained about the MCU TV shows and Marvel Studios not slowing down in these last few years, several times in this forum.

Luckily, Iger won't be charge of the script and the characters that would show up in the movie. The X-Men won't be a passion project for him, it would be for someone at Marvel Studios.

And if X-Men '97 and Deadpool/Wolverine taught me anything, its going to be easy for Marvel Studios to get people's interest. And I'm not even a fan of the new cartoon series and I see the general reception for that is highly optimistic.

Us x-men fans love to catastrophise.

Worse case scenario we always have the comics. Let’s just have fun and enjoy the ride.

We should all take a cue from those guys who got those Dune popcorn buckets. Never seen one of them without a big smile on their face while watching a movie

The actual X-Men members treatment cant be worse than Fox era, without any guy named Simon writing, right?
so just for that alone we should be quite calm and positive :tearsofjoy:

The actual X-Men members treatment cant be worse than Fox era, without any guy named Simon writing, right?
so just for that alone we should be quite calm and positive :tearsofjoy:

I mean, the big piece of media that everyone is praising right now just absolutely butchered a character that I have come to truly love and appreciate. Sure, she is a c list character, and by my own admission, as a fan, should never be adapted. But that doesn't change that how they chose to adapt her doesn't piss me off.

So yeah, my views are off the mainstream overall, sure. I like Apocalypse more than Infinity War. But even the Marvel movies I really did not like, or even hated, I often hesitate to call them bad movies. And considering the Marvel output that I have actually liked seems to be dismissed by Feige, yeah, I have concerns about X-men appealing to me.

But, no matter a person's taste, any X fan should be concerned instead of optimistic just based on Iger's comments.

Oh come on remember that line from Jean when she said “the third one is always the worst”. I Edna krabapple laughed so loud at the moment.

And archangel was hot

- Infinity War is better than the Joss Whedon Avengers movies
- Logan is better than Origins Wolverine
- Civil War is better than First Avenger
- Iron Man 3 is better than Iron Man 2
- Thor Ragnarök is better than The Dark World
- No Way Home is better than Homecoming and Far from Home

It varies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"