The Official NPD Monthly Sales Numbers Thread

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
It seems like some of us talk about this, but we kind of do it in whatever thread is convenient at the time rather than in one place, so I'm making a thread dedicated specifically for discussion of sales numbers.

Some notes:

• NPD = North American sales numbers only, but feel free to talk about sales data from other regions if you know where to find them.
  • The platforms in the parenthetical beside each game title are listed in order of highest selling to least
  • NPD numbers don't account for digital, bundled, and for whatever reason, Wal-Mart sales

Software sales for October:

1. NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
  3. The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, PC)
  4. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (360, PS3, PC)
  5. Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  6. Skylanders: Trap Team (360, Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, mobile)
  7. FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii, PS Vita, 3DS)
  8. Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
  9. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, XBox One, PC)
  10. Minecraft (360, PS3, PS4)
On the hardware side, Playstation 4 was once again the best-selling console.

A lot of surprises this month.

• The Evil Within, had a very strong debut. In fact it was the strongest debut of any new horror IP ever.
  • A Nintendo game actually moved UP in the ranking since last month.
  • Destiny selling best on Microsoft's platforms continues to be puzzling.
  • Alien: Isolation, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Driveclub are all no-shows.
  • Baynotta also didn't make it up there, which isn't at all shocking, but that doesn't make it any less sad.

Last edited:
I am legitimately surprised about Evil Within.

I think Destiny selling best on Xbox makes some sense considering its by the makers of Bungie. The idea of them making another game, regardless of marketing, would likely hold more appeal with the audience to whom they've been engaged with for the past decade plus.

Seeing The Evil Within up there is great. It's got some flaws and all, but overall, it's a great game, good to see these types of games still have an audience out there.

Sunset probably released too late in the monthly cycle to register an impact.

but yeah, Destiny selling better on the X1 is a bit puzzling.......lol.

Great thread idea.

Do we have Octobers monthly hardware sales? I think we all know who won that month though

do they even break down the hardware sales in the NPD reports??

I like the thread. Generally I have a hard time finding reliable game sale data.

The Ps4 was indeed the best selling console last month, but npd hasn't shown hardware numbers.

Software sales for November:

1. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
  2. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
  3. Super Smash Bros. (NWU, 3DS)
  4. Madden NFL 15 (360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
  5. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
  6. Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
  7. Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
  8. NBA 2K15 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)
  9. Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4, XBO, PC)
  10. Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO)

And the Xbox One was the best-selling console in November. A Microsoft insider on GAF claimed they sold a few hundred thousand more than PS4. Hopefully they can keep up the pressure in the coming months. EA getting up on stage and just giving out free games for basically no reason is the kind of reward we consumers reap from healthy competition.

Last edited:
December's numbers will be very interesting.

december's npds will release this thursday.

most people at gaf predict the xbone took the throne once more.

8Ft9s5p.jpg

surprising. and xbone was the best selling console. will update with numbers when I can.

Haha at Assasins Creed not even charting

a good sign for the X1 is that for the individual games on the list, for the most part, it looks like the X1 version outsold the PS4 version.

and ghosts IS there. what in the name of nonsense in this world

Probably because everyone had sales on Ghost because of the new release. Plus it probably sold well through the New Year.

and Destiny continues to sell better on the X1, at last non-bundle wise.

it's quite surprising to see everything except farcry selling better on xbone than Ps4, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"