Rumored SEGA TGS list with Shenmue 3 and others

Comeon, thats way too good to be true. Skies of Arcadia 2? Shenmue III?

I wouldn't be surprised to see it as an Xbox 360 exclusive. There's demand for it and Microsoft is definetely willing to pay for exclusive titles.

Sega may beleive that the Playstation 3 will come out on top, but that doesn't mean that they will not make an exclusive game for the Xbox 360.

Hmmm lets see here..release on on system and sell to just ne consumer market base, or release on more than one system and sell to even more customers. I think I'll go with the second.

It's no wonder that exclusivity is less and less. Square see's this, Sega see's this. You open yourself to a much broader marketshare if you can sell to EVERYONE.

I'm sure SEGA could whip out an interesting Wii version of Shenmue III.

It just makes smart busines sense to sell a game like Shenmue III on the PS3 and X360.

I have both, so I have no need for petty arguements "Well the 360 is better than the PS3 so there...". I'll get it for whatever system it comes out on IF it comes out.

If Sega has lineups like that, they really need to get back into the console game. I miss Dreamcast :csad:

If Sega has lineups like that, they really need to get back into the console game. I miss Dreamcast :csad:

But with them as a developer it's just one less system you'd have to buy if you want their games.

in a way I can agree with you. For me Sega was at its best developing games for its own consoles. Since leaving the console business, I dont think they've been as great developing games for other hardware

And I don't lose any sleep over whether a game is exclusive to a particular console

Yeah, but that's because you can afford to spend $1000 or more on videogame consoles. Some of us can barely afford just to buy one though. :o

Anyway, the list has already been billed as bogus by the experts, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Yeah, but that's because you can afford to spend $1000 or more on videogame consoles. Some of us can barely afford just to buy one though. :o

No, it's because I view video games as nothing more than a hobby. Plus, I think it's childish to cry like a little ***** because a particular game is exclusive or because a game gets ported to another system.

I simply shrug my shoulders, say "so what" and continue on with my life. And with everything that goes on in life, video games aren't that damn important

Well, I liked Shenmue, and for me, Shenmue 3 being Xbox 360 exclusive would be like hearing that you'll never get to watch a movie that you were really looking forward to. And for me, that's something worth giving a crap about.

Hmmm lets see here..release on on system and sell to just ne consumer market base, or release on more than one system and sell to even more customers. I think I'll go with the second.

It's no wonder that exclusivity is less and less. Square see's this, Sega see's this. You open yourself to a much broader marketshare if you can sell to EVERYONE.
1. Microsoft is willing to pay top dollar for exclusitivity. Hell, they paid Rockstar $50 million to just come up with exclusive CONTENT! They'll also most likely help fund development and promotion for exclusitivity rights.

2. Even though Square has developed more of a multiplatform route by developing games for both Sony and Nintendo, they really haven't developed very many multiplatform games. If you look at most of their games, they're developed for only one platform still. So far they've really only done two multiplatform games: The Last Remnant and Final Fantasy XI. Also they're still giving Microsoft the shaft. Seriously, 3 games, 2 of them being multiplatform, for the Xbox 360 does not count as giving Microsoft huge support.

Square-Enix, Namco, Sega, and Konami have yet to develop a completely neutral multiplatform ideal at this time like Capcom has.

I'm sure SEGA could whip out an interesting Wii version of Shenmue III.

It just makes smart busines sense to sell a game like Shenmue III on the PS3 and X360.

I have both, so I have no need for petty arguements "Well the 360 is better than the PS3 so there...". I'll get it for whatever system it comes out on IF it comes out.
I'm not saying that it will not be multiplatform. I'm saying just don't be surprised to see it as an Xbox 360 exclusive.

I'm not saying that it will not be multiplatform. I'm saying just don't be surprised to see it as an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Im not disagreeing with you, but any reason as to why this would be a 360 exclusive vs PS3?

None except money, which kind of lost it's effectiveness on Sega after they watched virtually their entire lineup tank on the original Xbox.

None except money, which kind of lost it's effectiveness on Sega after they watched virtually their entire lineup tank on the original Xbox.

Ah, yea but MS has more money than God, i think if they wanted it that bad, theyd get it.

SEGA has been dead to me ever since they cancelled the PS2 Vectorman game. :cmad:

But right now the userbase of the Xbox 360 is over 5 million more users than the Playstation 3, unlike the Xbox versus the Playstation 2.

And when Sega was doing work with Microsoft, Microsoft was courting Sega for aquisition which didn't happen. Plus the Japanese market had a lot more influence last generation. Now we're seeing both the Western and Japanese markets being pretty much equals now with the Western market growing in prominence.

I loved Vectorman. :csad:

vectorman-art.jpg

Good night, sweet prince. You were the bravest of all robots. :csad:

But right now the userbase of the Xbox 360 is over 5 million more users than the Playstation 3, unlike the Xbox versus the Playstation 2.

But there were over 100 million PS2 users last generation, versus 25 million Xbox users. The difference is negligable because the overall next-gen userbase is still in it's infancy. 10 million Xbox 360 users is not enough to protect Sega from the protential financial disaster that another exclusive Shenmue game could cause, unless we're to believe that Microsoft wants it badly enough to fund the whole thing (and given Shenmue's popularity in comparison to GTA, they probably DON'T!).

Yakuza 3? I don't remember a second one ever coming out.:huh:

EDIT: Nevermind. I just looked it up and it's in the works right now.

Let me give you guys a bit of "gaming common sense".

If any announcement has "Shenmue 3" in it, it's complete BS.

I'm a **** for Shenmue, I really am, but from Sega, expect nothing but an abundance of crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"