• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Live-Action Tomb Raider TV Series | Amazon

Could be fun if they base the first season on the story of the 2013 reboot game. I think that might work really well as a show. I know they already tried that story in the last movie, but it wasn't great.

I’m sure the GamerGate losers are in a rage over this news. Hell yes. :word:

Phoebe Waller bridge! This is fantastic news!!!!

Yeah people who aren’t into the news should just build a Waller bridge and get over it

That sounds fun...and boy will the Tomb Raider fans be pissed off.

Because they already made up their minds that she would do the most "wokest" **** ever with this.
Hearing her talk about the 90s games and all...must annoy the hell out of them.

In case some of you dont know it, for some weird reason, the Tomb Raider fandom to large parts is super Conservative.
Which is even weirder considering a large part of the fandom is Gay Men and Women.
So its kind of weird seeing them cry about "woke" etc.

Anyway...im looking forward to this the more i hear her talk about it.

Tomb Raider is hardly some sacred text, and most of the adaptations have been largely very bad.

Amazon purchased the movie rights as well, and they want a connected universe with the TV show. Not sure how that's going to pan out, but we'll see.

I like the sound of Phoebe Waller-Bridge working on this, not so much the connected universe thing. What are they going to do, Winston: The Origin of Lara Croft's Butler?

I like the sound of Phoebe Waller-Bridge working on this, not so much the connected universe thing. What are they going to do, Winston: The Origin of Lara Croft's Butler?

Well, I think what they want to do is ultimately connect the series, the film, and the game. Those plans might eventually change or not come to fruition. But if I were to speculate, maybe they would do something with the Trinity organization, or track Lara's development through the series then give her a bigger adventure for the films.

Like just for example, that Guy Ritchie King Arthur movie from a few years ago, that was supposed to be the start of a multi-movie shared King Arthur Universe. Taron Egerton's Robin Hood, same thing, a shared fantasy Robin Hood Universe. Those projects started development at the height of the MCU and everyone wanted to do try and do the same thing. None of them really came to fruition, other than DCEU, and we all saw how that went.

EDIT:

I guess the Godzilla monster-verse kinda happened too. And The Conjuring...

Last edited:
Crazy when you think about it.
A New game in the works, a new movie, a anime on netflix, now a tv show on Prime.

They spread out the IP quite a bit.
But that puts quite the pressure onto the game Developers.
TR 12 is meant to be the start of the new era, the new unified Lara Croft and all that.
If the game doesnt deliver, this all is on shaky grounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"