Netflix’s Tomb Raider Anime | Hayley Atwell

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Tomb Raider’: Hayley Atwell To Voice Lara Croft In Netflix Anime Series – Deadline

Hayley Atwell, who is part of the Marvel universe as Agent Peggy Carter and who is next up in Mission: Impossible 7, has been cast as the voice of Lara Croft in Netflix and Legendary’s Tomb Raider anime series. It is based on the Square Enix action-adventure video game that has spawned comic books and three feature films, with a fourth on the way.

The anime series, first announced in January, will pick up after the video game reboot trilogy, and follow the heroine 25 years after her first game appeared as she explores new territory. Tomb Raider will be written by Tasha Huo (The Witcher: Blood Origin, Red Sonja), who is executive producing with dj2 Entertainment founder and CEO Dmitri M. Johnson (Sonic the Hedgehog), Stephan Bugaj and Howard Bliss. Jacob Robinson will be an executive producer via his company Tractor Pants.

It's a continuation of the games, not the movie or did I read that wrong.

According to the Deadline story, unless I misread it, the animated series is a continuation of the reboot trilogy. Luddington did the motion capture and voice work for Lara in those games. To do an animated series and recast her with Hayley Atwell, for an ANIMATED SERIES, is a total slap in the face.

According to the Deadline story, unless I misread it, the animated series is a continuation of the reboot trilogy. Luddington did the motion capture and voice work for Lara in those games. To do an animated series and recast her with Hayley Atwell, for an ANIMATED SERIES, is a total slap in the face.

And yet, totally and completely expected.

Nope, you read it right. All the other trades reported that it was a continuation as well.

Calm down

I mean...no.

I love Hayley Atwell. I think she's tremendous. This isn't her fault. She was probably offered a role and took it. But I still think just dumping Luddington like this is wrong.

And yet, totally and completely expected.

Well no because the reboot series continued using Luddington. It's not like video games don't have the option to cast bigger name actors for various roles. It's happened before.

Also, it's not like Netflix specifically uses only big name stars for these animated projects. Some yes, but not all.

Great casting! Can’t wait to hear her as Lara

remember the Tomb Raider Re visioned shorts done by various animators with Lara voiced by Minnie Driver I hope Hayley does just as good a job as Minnie.

I still want to know why Camilla Luddington wasn't brought back for the series.

I still want to know why Camilla Luddington wasn't brought back for the series.

I mean, its obvious. Legendary wanted a non voice actor name on it.

Also, I see this is another Powerhouse production, sigh...

I mean, its obvious. Legendary wanted a non voice actor name on it.

Also, I see this is another Powerhouse production, sigh...
Not really. Luddington has done lots of on-camera work. She worked on Grey's Anatomy for 245 episodes. Also worked on True Blood, Californication, and various other shows.

Not really. Luddington has done lots of on-camera work. She worked on Grey's Anatomy for 245 episodes. Also worked on True Blood, Californication, and various other shows.

Yeah, and there are a lot of Vancouver regulars who don't rise up beyond one off appearances. I mean, come on man, the name recognition between Atwell and Luddington should be extremely obvious. There are some amazing voice actors out there, but will never get mainline Disney/Pixar role.

Yeah, and there are a lot of Vancouver regulars who don't rise up beyond one off appearances. I mean, come on man, the name recognition between Atwell and Luddington should be extremely obvious. There are some amazing voice actors out there, but will never get mainline Disney/Pixar role.

Based on previous casting choices, I still don't get it and it makes no sense if it's meant to be a continuation of the reboot trilogy. They aren't exactly going for marquee headliners in the Kong Skull Island or Pacific Rim animated shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"