First Screenshot of Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition!

When we look at what Crystal Dynamics has done with her though, it's pretty apparent that they wanted to take Lara's design in a different direction right from the start. In Legend, she still looked cartoony (and had lots of eyeshadow), but she was a lot more believable as a character. She wasn't jaggy and was less plastic looking, and they at long last ditched the twin torpedoes. And just a year later with Anniversary, they took it a step further and made her even more realistic looking.

Basically, Crystal Dynamics has successfully been doing over the course of 3 years what Core had failed to do over the course of 7. I can't wait to see what's in store for the next-generation Tomb Raider.
Theres a story behind that. Ive seen one of the features from the bonus DVD in the collectors set and the creator of Lara wanted her to be more like a real woman but Core exagerated her features and pushed her as a sex object. Stuff like putting her on the cover of Playboy and exploiting her chest drove him off of the series after the first game. The series was in bad shape and when Eidos decided to switch to CD, they got the creator back and actually listened to him and his vision. Thats why the Lara since Legends has been more realisitic and not over the top like the previous games. Tomb Raider Anniversary was his chance to do the game over again how he meant Lara to be

oh yeah the renders definetlly look great and in those I think she looks better than Anniversary but the in game model is the cartoonish one and Anniversary in game model is better

I disagree. I think the in-game model in Legend(next-gen) looks better than the Anniversary in-game model. But, in-game Anniversary model looks better than last-gen Legend.

I disagree. I think the in-game model in Legend(next-gen) looks better than the Anniversary in-game model. But, in-game Anniversary model looks better than last-gen Legend.
I never played next gen Legends so I wouldnt know. I was only comparing Lara to the PS2 version, which I thought was great when it was released, not so much now after Anniversary

man I forgot about the special death in the King Midas's Palace level. Haha, my favorite in the game so far

^ Yeah, I loved that death too. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BwWxkficW0o - Original

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0T4XOMMxs_M - Anniversary

They've come a long way since '96. :D
haha, I loved it better in the original, mainly bc of the sound effects
I was playing Anniversary and dindt know what the hell to do with those lead bars I was collecting. Tried putting them in the holes and they didnt work. Then I realized that wait this level ic called Midas' Palace and the legend goes that his touch turns things to gold. Then of course I saw the giant hand there and had to test it out by stepping on it. LOL..didnt expect to have my entire body turn to gold. That was fun though.

Im up to the Cistern now, well whats supposed to be the Cistern.Im contemplating whether I should go play it on TR1 first bc I rememebr that as being one of my favorite levels. Definetly want to revisit it and see how its changed especially since it was
combined with the following level

LOL, that death caught me off guard a bit. I realized that the hand would turn the bars into gold, but when I went to pick the bar up I accidentally stepped on the hand, and you know what happens next. :D

I never played the original TR all the way through, so TRA is definitely an exciting experience for me-- especially since it's 90x better than the original. :D

Im absoultey loving this game. I love that its an ADVENTURE game first and action second. That ratio has been lost in recent games. Even Legends which was amazing, was more of an action game. I hoep that when CD makes the next Legends game(assuming they keep that title), that they make it an adventure title. I love all the puzzles in Anniversary and lvoe that it has so many jumps bc those always were one of the best things about it

How costumes has everyone unlocked so far? I have the sports one and Legends. I have to admit, taht I looked the Legends one up bc I really wanted that one, but Im gonna try to find all the rest of the relics and artifacts on my own

Who knows. My guess would be sometime in late '08 at the earliest. Hopefully no later than 2009 though.

Arrrggghh! :cmad: :csad: I can't believe I still don't have this game yet!! The only stores that have it here in Brooklyn are EB and Gamespot and I refuse to buy anything from them ever since I bought 'The Punisher' from their store. :o

Because, I brought up the display case for the Punisher and told them I wanted to buy it(new). I thought they were gonna take a brand new one out from the cabinet or whatever, but then the guy took the display case from my hand and went under the desk, took out a disc, put it inside and rang it up. That's why I'm never buying anything from there ever again. :o

oh, thats not to bad. we do that in blockbuster. unless you mean the case was shoddy and didnt have a manual?

No, the case was fine, It had everything that it was supposed to have, the disc was clean too. It's just that the case was dirty, scratched up and had a ton of fingerprints on it. :down When I got to my friends house after I had bought it, I cleaned it with some alcohol and paper towels. I like to buy my stuff when it's brand new.

Arrrggghh! :cmad: :csad: I can't believe I still don't have this game yet!! The only stores that have it here in Brooklyn are EB and Gamespot and I refuse to buy anything from them ever since I bought 'The Punisher' from their store. :o
oh wow, Im surprised bc I thought you would have been the first one to get it as soon as you could

oh wow, Im surprised bc I thought you would have been the first one to get it as soon as you could

I know, even I'm disappointed in myself. :csad: I can't believe how ****ed up this release is here in the US. It's like Eidos went "oh well we only need to ship the game to EB and Gamespot because only those stores matter.". Ever since The Last Revelation, I've bought every TR game on the day of release. I can't believe the "Anniversary Edition", the game celebrating of all ten years of Lara and TR is gonna be the one that I don't get the first day! :cmad: I've been checking all non-EB/GS store and none of them have it, at least for in-store pick up.

Circuit City

"Not available for in-store pickup"
censored.gif

Target

"This item is available online, but is not available in stores."
censored.gif

Wal-Mart

"IN STOCK - Online only"
censored.gif

Best Buy

Store Pickup: Available at most stores Select preferred store availability - Gasp! There's hope! *types in area code*

Area Code...

"Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable"

censored.gif
censored.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, Natla looks amazing! :eek: :up: :up: Reminds me so much of Dark Phoenix! :up:

CANatla2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"