• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Pyro/St. John Allerdyce Thread.

I looked up Pyro on Wikipedia, and came up with almost nothing on his past. I remembered the commentary on X2 saying that the scene where he's glaring at Bobby's family photos was meant to show that he came from a broken home, so I just decided to run with that.

In an early draft of X2, Bobby says something along the lines of "You might burn down the house," and John goes... "Too late."

I believe I heard that the time frame between X2 and X3 was three to six months, so Pyro (if 17 in X1) would be about 18-19.

Oh and Traveler... Was put on "hiatus," or "canceled," but however we look at it, the show only got 8 episodes. :(

aarontravelerfaced.jpg

In an early draft of X2, Bobby says something along the lines of "You might burn down the house," and John goes... "Too late."
Was there any implication of what he might have meant by that? If it meant something like what my storyline is, then I wish they'd have kept it in!

yea, it sux that the show's over. :( I LOVED it and i hope we get another season of it.

I think it was just because of the comic look. Why such a trival detail needed to added, I don't know. I always imagined him picking up a few bottles of hydrogen peroxide from a drug store and using that to bleach it. I imagine he thinks he looks pretty ~badass~ with his hair like that. :oldrazz:

lol, this is true.

Pyro (checks out newly bleached hair in mirror and admires himself): Yeah... completely badass...

Mystique (rolls her eyes): It makes you look taller anyway.:cwink:

I've read recently (elsewhere) that Traveller has not been picked up for another season. :csad:

lol, this is true.

Pyro (checks out newly bleached hair in mirror and admires himself): Yeah... completely badass...

Mystique (rolls her eyes): It makes you look taller anyway.:cwink:
I can SO see Pyro like that! :oldrazz:

Was there any implication of what he might have meant by that? If it meant something like what my storyline is, then I wish they'd have kept it in!

There's really nothing else about his family life, but from that snippet in the draft, to the scene in the movie, one can guess Pyro burned down his house.

It should be in this script. (I'm too tired/lazy to check right now.)
http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/X-Men_2.pdf

Okay found it. It's not in the scene where they enter the house, that's pretty similar except Pyro shakes his head at the "don't burn anything" comment. It's a little later after they escape the police, etc. Bobby says "You think it's funny? Let's go set fire to your house next time." and Pyro comes back with "Too late."

Also interesting, partially because I've wondered this myself, when Rogue says he almost killed those police officers Pyro says "So? Logan would have... if he hadn't gotten shot in the head."

The museum scene is very different, Ryro fans will like it though. It's much more explicit about a possible Pyro/Rogue relationship and much more with a Bobby/Pyro rivalry.

Really? Details!
To be honest, I like the version they went with better than what was on the original script, but here it is:

A BRILLIANT GLOWING LIGHT

Swirls gently in front of the face of a TEENAGE BOY. This is JOHN ALLERDYCE, AKA: PYRO.

WIDER TO REVEAL: Pyro sits next to ROGUE, who stares at the fire, transfixed. Next to her, BOBBY DRAKE is nervous -- on the other side, KITTY PRYDE watches, embarrassed. They are sitting in:

INT. SCIENCE MUSEUM - FOOD COURT - CONTINUOUS

Pyro manipulates the fire with ease, creating a series of marbles that effortlessly flow between his fingers.

ROGUE: "My turn."

She reaches to touch Pyro's hand. He flinches away.

ROGUE: "It's okay. I can control it better."

Bobby watches jealously. As Rogue's hand makes contact with Pyro's. There is a quick FLASH OF LIGHT -- Pyro smiles like he's buzzed. Rogue pulls her hand away with THE SMALL FLAME.

ROGUE: "Wow. I feel... Warm."

But she can't control it, and it quickly grows largers, swirling around her hand.

KITTY: "Rogue, be careful."

PYRO: "She's got it."

She doesn't, and Bobby knows it. She continues wrestling with the flame, when Bobby glances over at THREE TEENAGE BOYS who are watching them from a few tables over.

BOBBY: "Rogue."

But Rogue is too focused trying to control the fire. Bobby nervously glances at the three teenagers, now walking towards them.

BOBBY: "Rogue..."

Pyro quickly reaches over and puts the fire out. Rogue snaps her head up to see the three teenagers glaring at her. TEENAGER 1 is smoking a cigarette.

TEENAGER 2: "My friend wants to know how you did that."

Rogue looks at him, then at Bobby and Pyro.

TEENAGER 3: "Yeah. Do it again."

ROGUE: "...I can't."

TEENAGER 2 reaches toward Rogue's hands.

BOBBY: "You really don't want to touch her."

TEENAGER 2 presses forward. Bobby stands up. TEENAGER 1 takes a DRAG. Pyro twirls his LIGHTER in his fingers.

PYRO: "There's no smoking in here."

He blows smoke in Pyro's face.

TEENAGER 1: (re: his lighter) "Whaddya do with that? Light your farts?"

The teens laugh. He takes another drag from his cigarette.

PUSH IN ON: THE GLOWING EMBERS of his cigarette.

PYRO: "No. Just a******s."

Pyro's EYES narrow -- and VWOOSH! THE FLAME of the cigarette travels fast as lightning, incinerating the cigarette and setting the guy's jacket and hair on fire. He SCREAMS, furiously trying to PAT it out. His friends panic.

BOBBY reaches up his hand, and sends a STREAM of FROST towards him. Immediately, the fire FREEZES and DROPS off. The teenagers stare at the young mutants, terrified. So does everyone else in the food court.

Okay found it. It's not in the scene where they enter the house, that's pretty similar except Pyro shakes his head at the "don't burn anything" comment. It's a little later after they escape the police, etc. Bobby says "You think it's funny? Let's go set fire to your house next time." and Pyro comes back with "Too late."

Also interesting, partially because I've wondered this myself, when Rogue says he almost killed those police officers Pyro says "So? Logan would have... if he hadn't gotten shot in the head."

The museum scene is very different, Ryro fans will like it though. It's much more explicit about a possible Pyro/Rogue relationship and much more with a Bobby/Pyro rivalry.
Thanks. I love those Pyro lines! I wish they would have kept them in - especially the one about burning his house down. :word:

BTW, why do they call Pyro/Rogue "Ryro"? I always thought "Pyrogue" was a lot better name combination. :oldrazz:

Oh, that bittersweet script...:sigh: There are quite a few Pyro/Rogue moments in addition to that scene.

BTW, why do they call Pyro/Rogue "Ryro"? I always thought "Pyrogue" was a lot better name combination. :oldrazz:

lol Why?

Though Ryro does sound like something Scooby-Doo would say. :p

To be honest, I like the version they went with better than what was on the original script, but here it is:

A BRILLIANT GLOWING LIGHT

Swirls gently in front of the face of a TEENAGE BOY. This is JOHN ALLERDYCE, AKA: PYRO.

WIDER TO REVEAL: Pyro sits next to ROGUE, who stares at the fire, transfixed. Next to her, BOBBY DRAKE is nervous -- on the other side, KITTY PRYDE watches, embarrassed. They are sitting in:

INT. SCIENCE MUSEUM - FOOD COURT - CONTINUOUS

Pyro manipulates the fire with ease, creating a series of marbles that effortlessly flow between his fingers.

ROGUE: "My turn."

She reaches to touch Pyro's hand. He flinches away.

ROGUE: "It's okay. I can control it better."

Bobby watches jealously. As Rogue's hand makes contact with Pyro's. There is a quick FLASH OF LIGHT -- Pyro smiles like he's buzzed. Rogue pulls her hand away with THE SMALL FLAME.

ROGUE: "Wow. I feel... Warm."

But she can't control it, and it quickly grows largers, swirling around her hand.

KITTY: "Rogue, be careful."

PYRO: "She's got it."

She doesn't, and Bobby knows it. She continues wrestling with the flame, when Bobby glances over at THREE TEENAGE BOYS who are watching them from a few tables over.

BOBBY: "Rogue."

But Rogue is too focused trying to control the fire. Bobby nervously glances at the three teenagers, now walking towards them.

BOBBY: "Rogue..."

Pyro quickly reaches over and puts the fire out. Rogue snaps her head up to see the three teenagers glaring at her. TEENAGER 1 is smoking a cigarette.

TEENAGER 2: "My friend wants to know how you did that."

Rogue looks at him, then at Bobby and Pyro.

TEENAGER 3: "Yeah. Do it again."

ROGUE: "...I can't."

TEENAGER 2 reaches toward Rogue's hands.

BOBBY: "You really don't want to touch her."

TEENAGER 2 presses forward. Bobby stands up. TEENAGER 1 takes a DRAG. Pyro twirls his LIGHTER in his fingers.

PYRO: "There's no smoking in here."

He blows smoke in Pyro's face.

TEENAGER 1: (re: his lighter) "Whaddya do with that? Light your farts?"

The teens laugh. He takes another drag from his cigarette.

PUSH IN ON: THE GLOWING EMBERS of his cigarette.

PYRO: "No. Just a******s."

Pyro's EYES narrow -- and VWOOSH! THE FLAME of the cigarette travels fast as lightning, incinerating the cigarette and setting the guy's jacket and hair on fire. He SCREAMS, furiously trying to PAT it out. His friends panic.

BOBBY reaches up his hand, and sends a STREAM of FROST towards him. Immediately, the fire FREEZES and DROPS off. The teenagers stare at the young mutants, terrified. So does everyone else in the food court.

Love the idea of this scene... no... Love this scene, hehe. Would have been nice to see Rogue playing with her power and interacting with Pyros. :csad:

Love the idea of this scene... no... Love this scene, hehe. Would have been nice to see Rogue playing with her power and interacting with Pyros. :csad:
If that scene would have been in the movie, though, then I would have wanted Rogue to hook up with him instead of Bobby. :oldrazz:

Seriously, Pyro's supposed to be a villian. In that scene, he came off a lot nicer to Rogue than Bobby ever was. Those jerks he burned seemed a lot more threatening in the first scene that in the actual movie, making him almost justified in that. It was definitely a good scene and I enjoyed reading it; but they had to make Pyro a villian, so I'm glad they changed it.

Well... it would have been a fun scene to see but I am glad that they did the museum scene the way it was (though I would have liked a little more just before, showing what led up to the two guys coming over). I think that having the scene as it is in this script would have undermined both the Rogue/Bobby tension in the story and undermined Pyro's characterization and change to the "dark side."

Here's why, imo, in the case of Bobby/Rogue or Rogue anybody, if you have her going around for three movies acting like she can't touch anybody or she'll kill or severely hurt them - she best not touch anybody. For her to be then messing around with Pyro and taking his power would make that whole part if the plot pretty much meaningless.

In the case of Pyro's change of sides, the way it came across on screen I really think that Rogue taking his lifeforce at that moment was a major part of why he left the Jet in the first place, and eventually went with Magneto. She not only took his powers, which was probably humiliating enough for him, but she would have taken on his feelings and memories and all that stuff. And I really think that was too bitter a pill for him to take. She would have known about any abuse he would have suffered from his father/mother before going to Xavier's (if any), she would have known if he had a crush on her, she would have known of his feelings of jealousy over Bobby and his family, she would have known the darker parts of his heart. It's a shame that the campfire scene (the one that was filmed, not in this script) was not in the movie because that really brought across for me the feelings of humiliation, inadequecy, and lonliness he was feeling and you get the feeling that Rogue knows he's ticked at her for what she did and is upset/hurt by that in return. In the script and in the book, he actually lashes out on Bobby when he starts that fire, which I'm glad they changed because that just makes him look like a jerk there. The way Aaron played it you've got a confused kid who's just had his entire life and feelings forcibly removed from him and handed over the girl he (probably) likes. Finally he gives in and "helps" with the fire but is still not speaking to her - so she storms off hurt.

Well... it would have been a fun scene to see but I am glad that they did the museum scene the way it was (though I would have liked a little more just before, showing what led up to the two guys coming over). I think that having the scene as it is in this script would have undermined both the Rogue/Bobby tension in the story and undermined Pyro's characterization and change to the "dark side."

Here's why, imo, in the case of Bobby/Rogue or Rogue anybody, if you have her going around for three movies acting like she can't touch anybody or she'll kill or severely hurt them - she best not touch anybody. For her to be then messing around with Pyro and taking his power would make that whole part if the plot pretty much meaningless.

That would be true if everything after that scene played out like it did in the final draft - but it didn't. If you read the rest of that script you see that Rogue is NOWHERE near as timid or frightened by her powers. Besides playing with Pyro's powers, she forcibly takes Bobby's during the mansion raid to help Logan. And she doesn't steal his at Bobby's house; Storm puts out the fire with a hailstorm.

In the case of Pyro's change of sides, the way it came across on screen I really think that Rogue taking his lifeforce at that moment was a major part of why he left the Jet in the first place, and eventually went with Magneto. She not only took his powers, which was probably humiliating enough for him, but she would have taken on his feelings and memories and all that stuff. And I really think that was too bitter a pill for him to take. She would have known about any abuse he would have suffered from his father/mother before going to Xavier's (if any), she would have known if he had a crush on her, she would have known of his feelings of jealousy over Bobby and his family, she would have known the darker parts of his heart. It's a shame that the campfire scene (the one that was filmed, not in this script) was not in the movie because that really brought across for me the feelings of humiliation, inadequecy, and lonliness he was feeling and you get the feeling that Rogue knows he's ticked at her for what she did and is upset/hurt by that in return. In the script and in the book, he actually lashes out on Bobby when he starts that fire, which I'm glad they changed because that just makes him look like a jerk there. The way Aaron played it you've got a confused kid who's just had his entire life and feelings forcibly removed from him and handed over the girl he (probably) likes. Finally he gives in and "helps" with the fire but is still not speaking to her - so she storms off hurt.

I agree 100%.

That would be true if everything after that scene played out like it did in the final draft - but it didn't. If you read the rest of that script you see that Rogue is NOWHERE near as timid or frightened by her powers. Besides playing with Pyro's powers, she forcibly takes Bobby's during the mansion raid to help Logan. And she doesn't steal his at Bobby's house; Storm puts out the fire with a hailstorm.
That part about Rogue taking Bobby's powers to save Logan sounds cool, although I liked her taking Pyro's powers at Bobby's house. I like both, but I'd choose the Pyro scene over the Bobby scene.

scorchedmuse said:

Amazing analysis! :cwink:

You caught me, I'd just skimmed the script this morning before work and didn't see the whole thing, however, I still think having her horse around with her powers, or even be less hesitant to use them with her friends and boyfriend even in an emergency at that point undermines the tension between her and Bobby and makes the whole "I can't touch my boyfriend or I might kill him" thing much less effective in the plot. I suspect that's why they changed it. By X3 she's been training a few years and has better control (or enough that Collosus doesn't mind her borrowing his power as in the danger room) but it's still a big issue between her and Bobby.

Further about Pyro's change and Rogue. Had Pyro been letting her touch him prior to that, such as in the alternate museum scene, she would have already known his memories and feelings and it wouldn't have been as big a deal to him later. In the movie, because they didn't show Pyro and Rogue touch and she was being so hesitant with Bobby, you can probably assume she'd never touched Pyro before that and had no idea what was going on in that head of his until that day at the Drake's house. This makes that whole part of the story much more poignant. Which I think was the point in changing it also.

You caught me, I'd just skimmed the script this morning before work and didn't see the whole thing, however, I still think having her horse around with her powers, or even be less hesitant to use them with her friends and boyfriend even in an emergency at that point undermines the tension between her and Bobby and makes the whole "I can't touch my boyfriend or I might kill him" thing much less effective in the plot. I suspect that's why they changed it. By X3 she's been training a few years and has better control (or enough that Collosus doesn't mind her borrowing his power as in the danger room) but it's still a big issue between her and Bobby.

Further about Pyro's change and Rogue. Had Pyro been letting her touch him prior to that, such as in the alternate museum scene, she would have already known his memories and feelings and it wouldn't have been as big a deal to him later. In the movie, because they didn't show Pyro and Rogue touch and she was being so hesitant with Bobby, you can probably assume she'd never touched Pyro before that and had no idea what was going on in that head of his until that day at the Drake's house. This makes that whole part of the story much more poignant. Which I think was the point in changing it also.
You've got a lot of fabulous points/observations, but I was wondering... Was there ever an indication in the first trilogy that Rogue takes memories? It always seemed like all she took was life force and power - they never really addressed memories. It seems like they should have at some point - maybe when she first touched Logan or something.

In my X4, she's definitely going to have that ability and use it to her advantage, but I'm not sure whether to make it a power she gains in a sort of "rebound effect" from the recovering from the cure, or if she's had it all along.

Thanks. :cwink:

As far as the comic book Rogue is concerned - most definitely she took memories (she actually thought she was Ms. Marvel for a time, if I remember correctly. I read Xmen comics as a kid but it's been quite a few years :oldrazz: ). In the movie, I seem to recall her mentioning her first boyfriend in X1 still being in her head months later. And I'd swear Professor X mentions that she takes memories somewhere in X1 where he's describing her powers (to Logan?) but I don't have time to rewatch the movie at the moment.

It is a shame they didn't mention it more, she's got some interesting guys in her head now... Wolvie, Pyro, Magneto... that's a lot of pain to take on! lol!

Where is your X4 story if you don't mind me asking?

I just thought of something that X3 line "You're a guy, that's all you think about!" lol! She knows this from experience with her powers!

Thanks. :cwink:

As far as the comic book Rogue is concerned - most definitely she took memories (she actually thought she was Ms. Marvel for a time, if I remember correctly. I read Xmen comics as a kid but it's been quite a few years :oldrazz: ).
I definitely remember Ms. Marvel! I know about it in the comics, which is why I'm doing it in my script. Actually, I'm in the same position as you - I haven't read a comic in over 10 years! :wow: I work mostly from Wikipedia, which is why I embarrass myself on here sometimes. ><

In the movie, I seem to recall her mentioning her first boyfriend in X1 still being in her head months later. And I'd swear Professor X mentions that she takes memories somewhere in X1 where he's describing her powers (to Logan?) but I don't have time to rewatch the movie at the moment.
She does say she can "still feel him inside my head", but I always thought that went more toward the touching aspect, not like she felt his psyche. I guess I might have misunderstood. As for Logan, didn't Xavier just say "life force"?

It is a shame they didn't mention it more, she's got some interesting guys in her head now... Wolvie, Pyro, Magneto... that's a lot of pain to take on! lol!
I know! I'd have loved her to say something about Weapon X to Logan in the train station in X1.

Where is your X4 story if you don't mind me asking?

I just thought of something that X3 line "You're a guy, that's all you think about!" lol! She knows this from experience with her powers!
Hmm, interesting observation. Maybe she wasn't just being snotty. :oldrazz:

That's a brilliant bit of interpretation and extrapolation. I'd love to hear more of your 'takes' on other scenes in the trilogy. :up:

ToriL90 oh, okay. Let me know if you need someone to take a look at it. :cwink:

X-Maniac Thanks :) I don't mean to yammer on so... lol... I would like to post more in the other threads/subjects but haven't had time so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"