The Official Rate and Review Thread

DorkyFresh

Sum Dum Goy
Reaction score
i figure it would be nice to just have one thread for all reviews, both fan and professional.

the Korea Herald said:
http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2009/03/13/200903130016.asp

"Dragonball: Evolution," released nationwide yesterday, is funny -- not because it's entertaining but because its quality is laughably below expectations.

The film, directed by James Wong, drew interest from Korean fans, at least initially. Last month, all the major cast members and director Wong himself visited Seoul to promote the film based on the best-selling Japanese graphic novel series by Akira Toriyama. Moreover, one of the leading actors is none other than Park Joon-hyung, former member of Korean R&B group G.O.D.

But if you're a big fan of the Dragonball franchise, or have fond memories about the 42-volume manga series, you are strongly advised not to watch this, the first-ever silver screen adaptation.

Watch it at your own risk. The risk being that you might set out to find the seven "dragonballs" and ask the mysterious dragon to remove what you have just seen from your memory.

"Dragonball-Evolution"

The inevitable disappointment the film adaptation will bring to viewers in Korea and elsewhere contrasts the unprecedented success of the original series. When Toriyama serialized the graphic novel between 1984 and 1995, he secured a huge number of fans around the world thanks to his addictive storytelling and interesting characters. In Japan alone, Toriyama sold about 150 million copies, breaking previous records in manga sales. More than 300 million copies are estimated to have been sold across the world.

Surprisingly, Toriyama has joined the film project as one of executive producers and yet failed to rescue the film from slipping into the abyss of cliched plot turns and cardboard characters.

The main plot, written by Ben Ramsey, is too simplified to build up any dramatic sense. A high school boy sets out on a journey to collect the legendary dragonballs to save the world from a monstrous creature, which has escaped after being imprisoned for 2,000 years. All the minor characters are conveniently eliminated, interesting episodes mercilessly cut out and fighting tournaments inexplicably shortened. Only a couple of dragonballs (there are supposed to be seven) are featured. It's a sorry attempt to link the film to the manga series.

In the film, American high school boy named Goku (Justin Chatwin) gets a personal martial-arts training from his grandfather Gohan (Randall Duk Kim), but Goku is treated as an outsider who is timid and weak in the face of high school bullies.

Mysteriously enough, Goku decides to reveal his awesome power when he gets invited to a party held by Chi Chi (Jamie Chung), an attractive girl he has a crush on. The film does not explain why Goku endured the humiliation at school for so long, even though he can dodge any attack with his acrobatic skills.

There is no time for throwing in dramatic details. The movie hurriedly pushes Goku to embark on a quest to find his master Roshi (Chow Yun-fat) and other dragonballs. Along the way, he is joined by Bulma (Emmy Rossum) and Yamcha (Park Joon-hyung). Don't even think about the original series -- that's all the team in the film version.

Chow, who has a huge following in Korea, hits a new low in the film. He wears a gaudy Hawaiian T-shirt and imitates Roshi's girl-chasing habit, perhaps following the script faithfully. But his performance as Roshi is at best awkward and at worse unbearable. When he utters "qi" ("gi" in Korean) to refer to the mysterious power, he looks like a cheap street vendor trying to sell fake stamina-enhancing drugs.

Park Joon-hyung, who appears in a Hollywood film for the second time after "Speed Racer," delivers his lines accurately, but the garish cosmetics on his lips wipe out any remaining coolness from the minor character, who has only a handful of lines.

When it comes to makeup, nobody can beat Lord Piccolo (James Marsters). Piccolo, a character who is complex in the original series, transforms into a not-so-scary imitator of the Blueman Group. The original Piccolo, if he ever watched the film, might commit a suicide.

The highlight, of course, is the dragon. Thanks to the film's poor computer graphics (inferior to the notorious Korean monster romp "D-War"), the dragon looks like a little chubby snake.

One of the mysteries surrounding the film is its bold and misleading subtitle, "Evolution." Considering its crude computer graphics, a disoriented plot and ludicrous dialogues, the big-screen adaptation is not an evolution, but a painful step backward.

By Yang Sung-jin

([email protected])

another one from a board member on Daizenshuu Ex.

omae no kaasan said:
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=9550&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=2460
(at the bottom of the page)

Okay, AICN had their chance. They seem more interested in covering a rape film. I don't really see the difference between that and DB:E though.

Talking about myself for a paragraph is not something I’d like to do because I think my life deserves a retrospective, but because how I view this film needs some context. Recently I’ve seen a lot of reviews talking about how Watchmen changed how readers viewed comics and in some cases, changed their lives. Dragon Ball Z was my Watchmen. One Sunday morning I woke up to see the first syndicated airing of Dragon Ball Z in the United States on (at the time) WB11. After just 24 minutes the direction of my life was completely turned around. DBZ sparked my interest in Japanese animation which led to the creation of my old DBZ website which provided the path to my being scouted for a job writing for a DBZ magazine which allowed me to save money for my first trip to Japan. These days I speak fluent Japanese, live in a small country town in Japan with my wife who, bless her heart, moved out into the sticks with me from Yokohama, and teach English at a local high school. While now I don’t read much manga (besides DB’s spiritual successor One Piece) and I’ve all but given up on Japanese animation aside from Ghibli’s occasional offering, the role Dragon Ball played in inspiring me to make my adult life what it is, is irrefutable. I’ve grown to recognize the series’ many imperfections and I can’t remember the finer details of many of the story arcs anymore either, regardless, the series is very near and dear to me. That is why I tried to view this film in two separate ways to do it justice, one as the long-time fan of the series and one as a long-time fan of film that knows nothing of the series. Hopefully you will find that by doing so I’ve given the film a fair chance to prove itself as something unique and not just the deflowering of that which DB fans around the world hold sacred.

Dragon Ball: Evolutions is the attempt to give Dragon Ball a meaning or direction beyond simply getting stronger, forging friendships and showing bravery; the three classic elements of any successful comic printed on the pages of Shonen JUMP, the serial weekly comic magazine Dragon Ball was published in. When we were young boys, what did we love? Big things! Strong things! Things far more powerful and stronger than us! Dinosaurs! Godzilla! Robots! As we got older we learned to appreciate what it meant to be brave and stand up to bullies. Years later when we filter into and out of high school, we learn the importance of friendship beyond just having someone to watch ‘the game’ with or play video games with. That’s why stories like Dragon Ball are so successful the world over, they appeal to something most adults and children can relate to on very basic levels. DB:E tears most of that out and instead, asks us to accept somewhat familiar characters in a story about finding oneself and accepting your differences. Or wait, is it that having confidence in yourself will allow you to get the girl and oh yeah, perform some cool battle moves? Nonono, I’ve got it, it’s that love can bloom in the least likely of places between complete opposites. Actually I think it’s how listening to your elders might just save your life.

And it goes on like this.

Since when did Dragon Ball become an amalgamation of every Dreamworks CG flick ever made?

Take aside the ‘meh’ acting and the unbelievable scenarios our characters find themselves in that make ‘LOST’ coincidences seem downright normal, the biggest problem with the film is it suffers from a severe case of identity crisis. Someone or some group of people, thought it would be a good idea to throw a bunch of clichéd character development ideas at the wall and whatever stuck, they ran with. The awkward outcast in high school who doesn’t believe in his ability to grow, the wise grandfather whom the rambunctious teen ignores, the self-confident sophisticated girl who falls for a grungy uneducated lunk, the cold villain who has seemingly unlimited resources but… still somehow remains a step behind. These and more are all there, and they’re all handled with the grace of a bull in a china shop. The ‘spark’ of love between Yamucha and Bulma was dealt with in one brief scene where they shared a thought, that it’s unfortunate they had knowledge of the world’s impending doom, and cupid’s arrow strikes! The two who previously couldn’t stand each other (all 2-3 scenes they were in) go for a kiss.

That’s what we’re dealing with.

“But wait!”, cries the ever vigilant fan, “Many things happen very quickly and with little explanation in the comic!”

Very true, and I’d be willing to give you that point IF this film wasn’t made with the intention of stiffing everything fans know and hold dear about the series.

I will not create a list of the holocaust unleashed on Dragon Ball canon within the film’s one hour and thirty-five minute running time. I never watched anything beyond trailers for fear of giving the film a poor chance without seeing a scene in context, but I assure you, there are things done and words uttered that will have you shuddering with rage at the liberties they took with the story.

Just performing the Kame Hame Ha has become like some sick bastard child of the Electric Slide and the Macarena.

Now those liberties were taken with the intention of making a deeper more believable story that they could market to a wide audience. That’s why Goku, an uneducated bumpkin, is in high school right? That’s why Chichi is a rich girl who, oh yeah, secretly practices kung fu instead of a mini Amazon right? That’s why Goku is all dreamy about girls when he thought breasts were just an extra butt right? That’s why the film is set on OUR Earth instead of a fantasy world right?

Nay.

While the film is attempting to create some overarching personal story growth story it’s handled so sloppily that no one over 10 could believe it for a moment. There’s so much CRAZY information being poured forth with strange names that unless you’re a long-time fan, it’s incredibly hard to keep up with who is who, what they can do and why they’re doing what they’re doing. This created and endless stream of explanations that are drastically different from the source material only serving to raise the blood pressure of fans even more.

The question I pose to Mr. Wong is, “Who is this movie made for?”

The fans in Japan?

I saw the film on its advance opening night here. There were twelve of us in the theater. Three older men by themselves, a family of five, and another couple. When a movie is over in Japan, no one moves. Everyone stays glued to their seat and savors the list of names onscreen even if they can’t read them. The older men and family all left dead silent during the credits. The other couple left the theater after the lights went on, laughing as they went.

The fans in other countries?

Apparently not. I think many of them will agree with me. Actually I think they’ll be far more severe than I am.

The curious general public?

Impossible. There’s so much crazy information flying back and forth it’s a chore to keep track of it, UNLESS you were a fan going into it. And the weak attempts to give Dragon Ball themes like ‘love’ or ‘finding oneself’ comes off awkwardly when you’ve got characters throwing energy blasts and turning into apes.

I simply would love to know for WHOM this movie was intended.

The one cool thing I’m able to say about DB:E is that it has one cool DB-inspired fight.
It’s a short scene but it’s the only scene in the film that felt lifted off the pages of the comic. It involves Goku refusing to lift a finger in a fight causing a reckless punk to total his own car. Classic Toriyama. Too bad I can’t say the same for the ‘climatic’ battle with the big screen debut of the Kame Hame Ha that is over before you can blink. There were days when we fantasized about a Hollywood CG Kame Hame Ha. This ain’t it folks.

Speaking of series hallmarks, there are small nods to bits and pieces of the original story but they seem forced. When I first noticed a ‘blink and you’ll miss it’ set of nudie mags by Roshi’s bed I though, “Hmm, clever.”, but they continued to force that one idea later on more and more while ignoring many other avenues. Early on the term ‘Dragon Ball Energy’ is coined which Bulma quips, “DBE….catchy!”, she might as well have looked directly into the camera and given a big ol’ wink.

The most painful part, even more moreso than the Hamasaki Ayumi cued roll to main cast roll, comes during a break in the credits when we watch a minute of footage of a minor character doing something that is so incredibly obvious, you know it can’t actually be what you think it is. You know they had to pay makeup artists, light technicians, cameramen, caterers, shoe-shiners and yes-men all for this one final scene that has to be so spectacular it will leave us wanting more of this punishment. And when it’s revealed that it’s exactly what you thought it was, you just have to laugh long and out loud.

Dragon Ball: Evolutions is a terrible film for both DB fans and as a standalone film. It’s not unwatchable, but it’s definitely in the same league as Street Fighter circa JCVD which means you’ll want to gather your friends and have a great laugh together.

With respect to the thesps, kudos to Chow and Joon. Both had a lot of fun with their role and tried really hard to make their roles seem close to the source characters, especially Joon. The problem for Joon, not so much Chow, was the script refraining him from acting more like the character Yamucha would, particularly around females. Chow seemed to have a blast, it just would have been nice if they coached him on how to properly pronounce ‘Gohan’. Chatwin’s Goku is not the Goku you know from the comic. He doesn’t do a poor job on screen, he just does a poor source Goku. Emmy Rossum’s Bulma takes her part far too seriously creating a nerdy instead of perky Bulma and Jamie Chung’s Chichi is just kind of there onscreen. Worst line-reading goes to Randall Duk Kim who was clearly overacting trying to do far too much with the little screen time he had.

Dragon Ball remains a cornerstone in my life and with the start of a comic-accurate animated edit of the series hitting the airwaves in Japan this April it will be interesting to experience it once again. As for live action films? My wish would be for a reboot. Please?

Last edited:
when he said that he liked the fight i thought he would say the final fight. then he said about the guy with the car.
so now even more people are saying that the fight and kamehameha is so short.

why................just why?

i figure it would be nice to just have one thread for all reviews, both fan and professional.

Bwahahahahahahahahah LMAO at the first review that reviewer did not hold back dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i am suprised that the kamehameha is 24 seconds long.

24 seconds???????????????????????

here is a quickie...

Michael Cheang said:
http://star-ecentral.com/movies/grade/details.asp?pid=1391

Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to adapt a best-selling Japanese manga about a kid with a tail who flies around looking for perversely named Dragonballs into a bastardised B-grade Hollywood movie deserves to have a Kamehameha thrown in his face.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to cast a smug-faced Western actor as that kid, the great Chow Yuen Fatt as a slightly perverted version of Mr. Miyagi, and turn Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s sardonic Spike (that’s James Marsters to you) into a green, pointy-eared demon with rubber muscles really deserves to be stamped on by a giant monkey.

Whoever thinks it might be a good idea to actually watch this movie really should consider going to the nearest comic/DVD store and getting the original Dragonball manga/anime instead. It’ll be money much better spent, and you wouldn’t end up feeling as though someone had stuffed your brain into a Capsule Corporation capsule and swallowed it whole.

will i have to now nonstop read reviews that dragonball couldnt be made into a good summer movie?
because they said the same for speed racer.

strange that they didtn say the same for transformers.

this movie will not fail because of a flying dragon. it will not be so bad because of a monkey named oozaru. it will be because bad direction,cheap FOX,short movie and of course bad dialoge.

-i am goku
-i am oozaru
-to be one with my self i must beat you
-i must have faith in who i am

flinstones was shakespear compared to this.

Last edited:
here is a quickie...
That's a review? If it is, it's a terrible review. It's more to me like a biased rant more than anything. He doesn't say damn thing about the movie, he's just bashing the actors. Terrible review, even if he's just a fan.

That's a review? If it is, it's a terrible review. It's more to me like a biased rant more than anything. He doesn't say damn thing about the movie, he's just bashing the actors. Terrible review, even if he's just a fan.

haha Yah that guy is just *****ing about the concept. NO actual critiquing.

from dbthemovie forums.

onigumu20012 said:
http://dragonballmovieforum.com/showpost.php?p=91130&postcount=264

Dragonball: Evolution is horrible beyond belief.

I decided to ignore all the negativity going on and gave the movie a chance. I did think the pictures and trailers were lame, but nothing could have prepared me for this. The movie truly sucked in a way that I could never have imagined.

Any Dragon Ball fan would be disappointed with this movie, and any non-Dragon Ball fan would probably never want to hear of Dragon Ball again. (I really hope noone ever actually think this movie is good)

Onto the story, if you don't want to be spoiled skip on to the summary.

Storyline:

The movie starts off weird, showing sweat drip off of Goku's face (he's got a weird expression going on too), afterwards Grandpa Gohan pops out and they start training. Already the cheesy lines and lame fight scene make me regret purchasing my ticket, also what the heck is Shadow Crane Strike?

Anyways, Grandpa wishes Goku a Happy Birthday and gives him the 4 Star Dragon Ball, and tells him a story about Piccolo and Oozaru. Wow... Oh yea, also, when the 7 Dragon Balls are gathered, you can summon Shenlong who grants one "perfect" wish. What the heck is a "perfect wish"?

Sometime around here, it shows Mai in Japan taking a Dragon Ball and killing a woman.

Goku goes to school on his bike, and some bullies run over his bike with their car and he gets upset. If the movie wasn't lame enough, it gets even worst with the bully (Named Fuller) calling Goku "Geeko." But Goku's made a promise not to fight, so he does nothing.

In class, the teacher talks and asks questions and Goku spaces out while looking at Chi Chi. The teacher asks him a question and he talks about how his Grandpa told him about the
evil Nameks.

After class, Chi Chi's locker is stuck, so Goku uses his Ki to open it. Suddenly, Chi Chi becomes attracted and interested in Goku (seriously), she's all: "You can use Ki!?" and he's suprised that she knows about Ki and they have a conversation with her inviting him to her party.

At the party, the bullies are there and call him Geeko. He doesn't actually fight back, but he dodges and they, like idiots, end up hitting eachother the entire time. Afterwards, Goku goes talk to Chi Chi.

Now it shows Grandpa Gohan meeting Mai, who tries to kill him. Then Piccolo shows up and brings the house down. Goku sensing something wrong with his Grandpa heads back home.

With his dying breath, Gohan tells Goku to find Master Roshi and tell him that Piccolo is back.

Here's where it really starts to get bad.

Enter Bulma, I'm sure the actress is a fine actress, but the voice she does is so horrible.

I'll skip out on all the little details, but they team up and go on a search for Roshi and the Dragon Balls.

Enter Roshi.

If Bulma wasn't bad enough, Roshi's actor just plain fails. I'm sure Chow Yun-Fat is a good actor, but this is the first movie I can think of that I've seen him in and I'm seriously dissapointed. His bad English, cheesy lines, cheesy facial expressions, everything, I seriously wanted to just
leave the theatre. Oh yea, he pronounces Gohan wrong throughout the entire movie.

So they head out to find the Dragon Balls and fall in a whole.

Enter Yamcha.

Wow, if the movie wasn't a failed comedy with Bulma and Roshi already, Yamcha is definite proof that this movie is a joke. I like Joon Park (Plus I've got Korean blood in me), but man, what is with the voice? I really blame the directors/producers for this movie, cuz these are all fine actors, but they look like clowns.

Anyways, from here, they somehow end up in a volcano like area. Now it turns into Power Rangers. Piccolo hooked up to some device that drains his blood and creates some oozy stuff that forms itself into some soldier thing just totally reminded me of Ivan Ooze, but instead of his ooze becoming the Tengu, it's those stone statues.

Seriously, and even Piccolo is a joke, he looks like a green Jimmy Neutron wannabe.

Now it turns into video game mode. After beating a few ooze monsters or whatever they are, Goku starts tossing them into the lava in such a way to form a bridge. Roshi praises him for his smartness, but man, how does that make sense?

So Goku hops across and grabs the Dragon Ball, oh yea, I forgot to mention, there's a time limit along with a prophecy, but I'm not going to tell everything anyway. After grabbing the Dragon Ball, Mai randomly pops up and gets beat by Goku. Also, Goku has visions after every Dragon Ball and he sees Oozaru. He tells Roshi: "I need to beat Ozaru." gah, I know they're trying to hide the fact that he is the Oozaru, but they made it all so dumb.

A couple other events lead them to this place called Taison (spelling?) where a tournament is being held, but they're not there for the tournament (though Chi Chi is)

Mai fights Chi Chi and for some reason cuts her and takes a sample of her blood. Yea, she uses the blood to shapeshift into Chi Chi later, but how does she know Chi Chi's relation to Goku is unknown to me. In fact, a lot is unknown, why're Yamcha and Bulma instantly attracted to eachother? A lot of things are moving fast.

Roshi meets his master and asks for another thing to seal Piccolo. Roshi also shows Goku the Kamehameha (And boy does Roshi's pronunctiation of the move annoy me), and he uses it to light a lantern. What weird hand motions too. Anyways, Goku sucks and can't do it, then Chi Chi shows up and all of a sudden he's really good at it. And as if it couldn't be more sudden, Goku
and Chi Chi kiss and fall in love.

Now fake Chi Chi takes the Dragon Balls and gets in a fight with real Chi Chi and also shoots Goku. As if the movie could not have gone off course enough, Roshi uses Kamehameha to BRING GOKU BACK TO LIFE, WOW. Well, actually he did say: "He's still alive, but barely" (or something like that, but Goku's totally in Heaven with Grandpa Gohan)

Now Piccolo has all the Dragon Balls and HAS to go to Dragon Mountain or whatever it was to summon Shenlong. Wow, I didn't know placing the Dragon Balls in a stand would make mountains rise. What's even more surprising is that on the way there (well, they're RIGHT there) Goku decides to instantly change into the gi he found. I guess it gives him plus stats, cuz I see NO
reason to change 1 minute before a fight to determine the fate of the world.

Piccolo was not cool once throughout the entire movie, and you think this is his one chance to shine, but no. He's totally lame, I'm using child safe language here, but really it was extremely disappointing.

So, he tells Goku that he's Oozaru, I surprisingly actually liked Justin Chatwin throughout the movie, not as Goku, but he's a good looking guy and can probably do much better roles, but MAN his facial expression here made me want to burst out laughing. Goku then transforms in such a horribly done scene, seriously, even the final form is extremely lame. He looks like he just
came off Planet of the Apes, he's barely taller than Piccolo and he looks stupid, even his clothes are still on, perfectly fine (though the gi is open, must've been why he changed)

After doing no real damage at all, he snaps out of it andreverts to normal in a very poorly done transformation sequence. Seriously, the frame before the last one doesn't match.

So now Goku, with gi magically buttoned back together, accepting himself as both Goku and Oozaru somehow generates massive energy around him and takes on Piccolo. Gah, the Piccolo falling sequence was really poorly done also.

Their fight is short lived, and I'm not even going to talk about Bulma/Yamcha vs Mai or how Roshi died, it's not worth the words.

Anyways, Piccolo does some unnamed energy attack, Goku starts doing Kamehameha... this is the stupidest Kamehameha I've EVER seen. Goku JUMPS with the energy in front of him and goes through Piccolo's attack and knocks Piccolo into a rock. Honestly, it looks like NO damage was done, but Piccolo was out cold and everyone's attention became focused on Roshi.

Oh noes, he's dead, wait, we gots Dragon Balls!

"DRAGON! THE TRIALS OF THE 7 DRAGON BALLS HAVE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED, I COMPEL YOU TO COME OUT AND..." I don't remember, but it went something like that, really made no sense. Now, you expect to see a really cool dragon appear, but it's tiny, and not even a Chinese dragon, it looks much more European Dragon style even though all the main characters have been Asian. Also, he doesn't even talk, Goku just asks for Roshi's life back and Shenlong
throws up energy on Roshi and bam. Roshi makes a lame joke and you pray that it's over.

Yay, Goku and Chi Chi fight in the tournament... wait, nope, they just jump towards eachother, hand vs foot, and it stops. I forgot to mention, but the movie slows down like that with lots of scenes and tries to make them dramatic, but it comes off really stupid, like at this scene and another that involves an idiot jump kicking.

Now you really think it's over, and are happy, but along with the credits is a random J-pop song. The song itself isn't too bad, but is SO out of place in a American High School/Asian Temple setting. I really really felt the song was out of place and didn't belong in this movie.

After the song is over, you get an extra scene. Please be something worthwhile! So... you see an Asian woman stirring something in a pot, and she walks through a hallway for a good two minutes. Then she comes to a bed which keeps the person underneath hidden as if to build suspense. What do you know! It's Piccolo, as if we THOUGHT he was dead in any way. Of course not, and what the heck happened to his airship, it totally disappeared before the final scenes.

and he did a follow up...

Summary:

The Good:
-Justin Chatwin is a handsome guy, he's not a good Goku though, but better than the rest
-Jamie Chung is extremely cute, her and Justin are the only thing that give this movie ANY life

The Bad:
-Out of the hundred or so attempts made to be funny, I only laughed about 2-3 times
-James Marsters as Jimmy Neutron in Green Alien form! Seriously, that and Piccolo had no good parts and came off as totally wimpy, lame, and unthreatening. Yes, UNthreatening.
-Bulma needs to talk with a normal, natural voice, but if that wasn't enough, Roshi and Yamcha ruined any chance of this movie being taken seriously. I know that Roshi is SUPPOSED to be funny, but he is NOT in any way. Yamcha's voicing just kills the character completely.
-Grandpa Gohan even looked like an idiot. He may have even been more of an idiot than Roshi if
he had lived longer.
-Mai and Piccolo? When did this happen?
-Bulma and Yamcha fell in love too quickly and for no reason. Chi Chi fell in love with Goku the minute she saw his "Ki"
-They totally ruined the Oozaru (also making it the name of the character)
-"Geeko" nuff said...

I really went in with a positive attitude, I didn't want my judgements based on pictures and the trailer to affect my opinion. But the movie is much much worse than what I could have imagined. I repeat, it is NOT worth the time or money and it leaves a very bad taste. And the fact that they're even THINKING of a sequel makes me wonder where these people's heads are.

I know this is just my opinion, but I'm one of the positive optimistic types, if someone like me has such a burning hatred for this movie, then you cannot expect anything good from others.

I tried to give it a chance, I really did. I also had much more to say, but it isn't worth it.

Again, I don't blame the actors, it's whoever headed the project who's to blame, but man... I sure hope they have luck in the future and that this movie won't ruin their reputations in any way.

In all honesty, this movie deserves no higher than a 3/10, and I'd personally give it a 2/10

Peace...

Last edited:
whait a minute.
so the first scene of piccolo in DB:E is when he walks in gohans house? this is the epic first scene of the main villain? a fast walk in the house ? nothing how he came back? he is just there?

Haha, wow. If that review is true I might have to revise my box office predictions...again.

i am telling you right now that there are tons of deleted scenes. expect an extended edition in 2 years.

from dbthemovie forums.

People on that site are ****ing ******ed seriously, every review that has been negative has been met with a harsh response by posters on there followed by its a fake or ****. Then some noob makes a thread saying he has seen it and that its awesome and everyone believes its for real and that the film is ze best and greatest.

Those reviews = Oh my :(

People on that site are ****ing ******ed seriously, every review that has been negative has been met with a harsh response by posters on there followed by its a fake or ****. Then some noob makes a thread saying he has seen it and that its awesome and everyone believes its for real and that the film is ze best and greatest.

I've never seen the official DBE website, if one even exists, but suspect dbthemovie is the official / unofficial site for the movie - there's never any hint of criticism.

Great reviews by the way LOL!! :woot:

Last edited:
Why are you posting only negative ones, Dorky? That Japanese website eiga(?) has a total of a B (Plus or minus) from all of the reviews. Make your own opinions guys.

I've never seen the official DBE website, if one even exists, but suspect dbthemovie is the official / unofficial site for the movie - there's any hint of criticism.

Great reviews by the way LOL!! :woot:
speaking of the site. is this really all there is for an official DB:E site?

http://www.dragonballthemovie.com/

if that's it, then that's a surefire sign of a fail.

depressing is a 24 second kamehameha that was obviosly cut down. which is visible in the leaked clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"