• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Stupid "Random Comics" Question Thread

All my comics are boxed up at the moment and I can't remember if Deluxe Editions of tpbs are the really large versions or if it's Absolute editions.

Does anyone have any favorite Usagi Yojimbo books they'd want to recommend?

I just got back into them again and read Book 5 -- loved it! Stan Sakai is outstanding.

Which characters have glowing writing on their costumes or armor? (Sort of like its magic spells or something.) I know I have seen this design before but I cannot remember who or where.

When did April O'Neil change from a lab assistant/scientist to a reporter? And how did they explain that in the comics?

Anyone else have TPB's that are starting to fall apart and have tips on fixing them? Right now just one where the cover separated from the pages (pages are still glued together). I guess I'd just glue it back on? Bad idea?

Hello there,
so I was wondering how you guys feel about me ceating a topic about my own superhero comics. I don't want to be that guy that just posts his own ads basically so i figured i'd ask first^^

I'm trying to remember a short (I think limited) comics series I read about 25 years ago. All I can remember is that he was a normal guy, but when he got hurt he would get covered in armor and black out and kill everything in sight. I think the armor was like a dark green and the comic was very very gory.
Any ideas?

I'm trying to remember a short (I think limited) comics series I read about 25 years ago. All I can remember is that he was a normal guy, but when he got hurt he would get covered in armor and black out and kill everything in sight. I think the armor was like a dark green and the comic was very very gory.
Any ideas?

Sounds like one of the versions of GUYVER.

I'll probaly get knocked on the head for this but what is the purpose for Wonder Woman's invisible jet, and for that matter if it's invisible how can she see the instrument panel when flying?...sorry but watching the old SuperFriends cartoon sort of brought this on.

I'm trying to remember a graphic novel I read as a kid. It was about a neanderthal man. He must deliver (I don't remember where) a burning torch to save fire for his people, I think. I also remember one scene, where he's about to get attacked by a large cat, saber-tooth tiger most likely, if I remember correctly, but it's ambushed by another big cat, that resembles a lion. And there's a bloody scene of their rather one-sided fight.

I'll probaly get knocked on the head for this but what is the purpose for Wonder Woman's invisible jet, and for that matter if it's invisible how can she see the instrument panel when flying?...sorry but watching the old SuperFriends cartoon sort of brought this on.
Simple answer because (1941)Wonder Woman originally could not fly, or even soar on air currents.
She (like original Superman) could just jump far.
So to get her from place to place, she had an invisible plane.
gOSNFpZ.jpg

As to how it worked the Amazons were depicted as having a sort of advance engineering and science/mystical hybrid. The plane and other gear were both magical and science.
More than straight science the plane could be and was compared to a mystical flying horse , or even a ray of light at times, which she could ride and communicate with (answered to her voice) .
iDjx2zC.png

By 1958, 17 years after her debut it was hinted she could sometimes ride air currents, but that was still not the norm, the plane was still well established as her main and iconic mode of transport, and was still in the comics by the time SuperFriends(1973) and the WW TV show(1975) debuted.

She didn't actually receive the ability fly until 46 years after her and her plane debuted, until after Crisis of Infinite Earths when they retconed her origin and powers to fly - in (1987) Wonder Woman Vol.2 :cwink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"