• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics The Official X-Men Stupid Question Thread!!!

Exploding Boy said:
Because Emma Frost is a *****

except for the fact that she totally told off tony stark and made new x-men cool by making a team. yea no but emma is a *****.

Why does emma frost (i need a reason apart from "she's a *****") preach about genosha and the mutants that died and yet she works for cassandra nova - the woman behind it?
Didnt read it but is it true the attack was from 2 sentinals *scratches head*? TWO took out 16million powered mutants?
Why does every piece of equipment the x-men posess turn sentient? Shouldn't they buy better software?

MyPokerShirt said:
Why does emma frost (i need a reason apart from "she's a *****") preach about genosha and the mutants that died and yet she works for cassandra nova - the woman behind it?

She's not. The latest issue confirmed it for me.

Emma done gone crazy and Cassie Nova is just a projection of her own broken psyche.

MyPokerShirt said:
Didnt read it but is it true the attack was from 2 sentinals *scratches head*? TWO took out 16million powered mutants?

If I recall, yes. But, in all fairness, they were wild sentinels and therefore bigger/had a lot more guns than standard Sentinels (though I think they had little insect guys too...so the two were just kind of carriers. I need to reread New X-Men).

MyPokerShirt said:
Why does every piece of equipment the x-men posess turn sentient? Shouldn't they buy better software?

They won't stop running Windows. That Mega Mold virus is teh l337.

Did Domino keep her powers after M-Day? Because if she's 'lucky' she should have.

Exploding Boy said:
Did Domino keep her powers after M-Day? Because if she's 'lucky' she should have.
Yes, she did, in fact, she is the one who took the 198 outside the mansion in the Civil War arc

How is Cable still a mutant post M-Day if his Tek and Telepathy are artifically created??

Generation Lee said:
How is Cable still a mutant post M-Day if his Tek and Telepathy are artifically created??

....actually...

This Cable is in a "new" body I thought.

So, assuming because of all the reality hopping and what not, he was not affected by M-Day (also considering that someone mentioned it seems to affect families and Scottie still has his powers) shouldn't Cable have his powers back?

And is it possible he's hiding them so no one realizes it until he's ready to make his move?

aidol said:
Can iceman freeze even the saltiest waters? I tried freezing this really really salty liquid called fish sauce in an ice cube maker but it didn't freeze at all!

I could even go as far as saying he could separate the salt from sea water. Back in the story arc "The Draco", he killed a demon by extracting every molecule of water from her body, then purified it and used it to create another body for himself.... So yeah, freezing sea water is a breeze for him. Check out the "Zero Tolerance" story arc too. There's a shot of him cruising over the ocean on his ice slide.

I could even go as far as saying he could separate the salt from sea water. Back in the story arc "The Draco", he killed a demon by extracting every molecule of water from her body, then purified it and used it to create another body for himself.... So yeah, freezing sea water is a breeze for him. Check out the "Zero Tolerance" story arc too. There's a shot of him cruising over the ocean on his ice slide.

That is awesome. I haven't read " The Draco" yet, but now i am.

Has black widow ever ...erm you know worked with the X-Men? she's an avenger.

Iceman23088 said:
That is awesome. I haven't read " The Draco" yet, but now i am.

Umm, don't get your hopes up to high. It wasn't exactly great! lol

DarknessOfDeath said:
Has black widow ever ...erm you know worked with the X-Men? she's an avenger.

Well, sort of. During the Avengers/X-Men crossover where Fabian Cortez kidnapped Luna Maximoff, Natasha was leader of the Avengers (East Coast). And eventually both teams ended up in Genosha fighting together against Exodus, who killed Cortez (he got better) and tried to get the Genoshan mutates to kill off all the normal humans.

Okay, here's my stupid question. If Polaris isn't a mutant anymore after M-day, why does she still have green hair. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't having green hair Lorna's mutation and her magnetic powers were from something else? Has her still having green hair been adressed, or am I the only one who noticed this, or are the editors just ignoring it, hoping no one notices?:huh:

ButJustForYou said:

Okay, here's my stupid question. If Polaris isn't a mutant anymore after M-day, why does she still have green hair. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't having green hair Lorna's mutation and her magnetic powers were from something else? Has her still having green hair been adressed, or am I the only one who noticed this, or are the editors just ignoring it, hoping no one notices?:huh:

Lorna had green hair all her life, but her magnetic powers were latent. They got activated by Mesmero using a device called a Mutant Energy Stimulator. This was waaaaay back in the original series, issue #50, I believe. I would certainly consider Lorna's green hair to be a mutation (like Storm's white hair), so it should've changed color after M-Day. And I'm pretty sure it hasn't been addressed in the comics.
Now if only somebody would explain why Agent Brand, of SWORD, has green hair. Is she a mutant?

Well no "stupid" questions in a long time so i might aswell ask one

I started getting X-men (no subtitle) cause i figured it was tied to the marvel universe story as a whole. and i must say i am really hating. In civil war X-men what comic does it follow, cause the one i am currently getting makes no mention of the "198".

One more question what exactly is the "198"

I'm not sure, but i think the "198" are the mutants left on earth that are currently registered.

Galact-Gal said:
Lorna had green hair all her life, but her magnetic powers were latent. They got activated by Mesmero using a device called a Mutant Energy Stimulator. This was waaaaay back in the original series, issue #50, I believe. I would certainly consider Lorna's green hair to be a mutation (like Storm's white hair), so it should've changed color after M-Day. And I'm pretty sure it hasn't been addressed in the comics.
Now if only somebody would explain why Agent Brand, of SWORD, has green hair. Is she a mutant?
Storm's hair color isn't a mutation. :cwink:

JustABill said:
Storm's hair color isn't a mutation. :cwink:

Yeah, Polaris' green hair is considered to be a part of her mutation, but Storm's hair is a genetic trait passed down through her family on her mother's side.

And addressing why Lorna would have lost her green hair too, not all parts of the mutations were lost. Many mutants who lost powers still kept much of the physical aspects of their mutations. Like Stacy X. She lost her pheramone control, but still has her snake skin. So, no, Lorna would not have to have lost her green hair.

what x-men comic/issue does Jean/Phoenix look like this in??

comic02wi7.jpg

Is it New X-men? Or X-men Unlimited, and if anybody has any links to scans or pictures of her in this, i would be so cool to see them.

i know theres a action figure with her like this and ive seen it.

It was the last arc of Grant Morrison's X-Men run a while back. DOn't know the exact issue numbers right off the top of my head.:xmen:

Specter313 said:
Yeah, Polaris' green hair is considered to be a part of her mutation, but Storm's hair is a genetic trait passed down through her family on her mother's side.

Ooops! You guys are right about Storm (hangs head in shame). Still no answer about Agent Brand, though :yay: .

Galact-Gal said:
Ooops! You guys are right about Storm (hangs head in shame). Still no answer about Agent Brand, though :yay: .

I may be wrong but I think Brand is Hydra--y'know like Viper--and the green hair is like a tag or tattoo or some crap they do. ;)

1. Does Logan has another personality (example: Jean Grey has Phoenix) I've always read fics and such with him having like "a dark side" that often took over and made his eyes go black. It was never totally clear with me.

2. Was Logan's healing factor uncharted? Or did he heal 100 times faster? I had heard that somewhere and did know.

I had more, but I can't remember what they were... :(

deep_thinkin said:
1. Does Logan has another personality (example: Jean Grey has Phoenix) I've always read fics and such with him having like "a dark side" that often took over and made his eyes go black. It was never totally clear with me.

2. Was Logan's healing factor uncharted? Or did he heal 100 times faster? I had heard that somewhere and did know.

I had more, but I can't remember what they were... :(

1. hmm... not really another personality. Hes gone feral before and seems to lose a lot of his memory and emotions to his animal side but its more an animalistic nature than a dark evil one. (and i dont recall it ever turning his eyes black)

2. Logans healing factor is in such ridiculous states of fluctuation that its impossible to put a number on it. before hes been shown to need rest and time to recover from a serious injury, but now he can seemingly grow back from just skeleton in a matter of seconds. (hes grown back from a drop of blood before but i think that had something to do with an alien crystal or something if i recall)

deep_thinkin said:

I don't think Wolverine ever had another "personality" but he does do his "beserker rage" thing once in a while, not recently though. I think his "other" personality is when he is trying to be nurturing. He always seems to take one of the youth under his wing....Kitty...Jubilee...Amiko (well it doesnt seem like he did to much for her, but he did adopt her).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"