The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - - Part 11

Sorry, I hate being such a film grain/fine detail nut. Skin without pores is just one of those things that drives me crazy.

Since people are playing around with the recent poster, has anyone done a manip or would be willing to do one of the poster fixing Cavill's eyes and nose? Based on the comparison posted in the general thread of the trailer shot/poster, it seems like the makers of the poster turned Cavill's eyes brown and removed all of the distinctiveness of his nose tip/bridge with photoshop in the poster. In my opinion, due to these changes, the poster looks like less Cavill and, as a result, less like Superman.

Just a quick manip, put the yellow back into the "S" shield, credit to Misha for shopping out the text on the textless one.

fb_supes_cover_zpsba9222fe.jpg

931434_530881073624519_930203335_n_zpsce15f2d7.jpg

I did the same, but I think mine turned out a bit more "goldish" :)

abqFAmU7

a tad too goldish for my tastes, I prefer yellow, in the film it generally seems to be a muted yellow, rather than gold, was trying to keep in line with that.

didn't mean anything against the gold, it looks good, just my preference. had to use that bigger version of the pic you used, updated version, I think it's a tad closer to straight yellow than my last attempt.

UPDATE: freakin photobucket, always resizing my pics. fixed.

MOSyellowshield_zpse7f4a31b.jpg~original

Last edited:
I didnt take anything by it lol, hey to each their own lol, new update looks good :)

Made this a couple of days ago, didn't get a chance to post it here. Anyway, it's based on the cover of Superman #675 by Alex Ross.

it_means_hope_by_hobo95-d63r2dv.png

it_means_hope_v_2_by_hobo95-d63r3o3.png

I agree that it would look better if the gold was a bit paler to match the rest of the image better, but I think these manips show how much is lost when all the official promo shots desaturate the yellow/gold to silver. The blue and the gold play off each other so much better than blue and silver. Too similar, not enough contrast to make each other pop.

What awesome individual would like to clean up the image and remove all the words, logo, and such, leaving simply the picture?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/475148_530881073624519_930203335_o.jpg

I think someone did in the general disc thread.

Beefed up the size (still kinda blurry but I'm not good enough to fix that) and removed the text, a few other little tweaks as well, but I'm happy with this.

MOSBANNERYELLOW_zps087db2c8.jpg~original

Last edited:
Made this a couple of days ago, didn't get a chance to post it here. Anyway, it's based on the cover of Superman #675 by Alex Ross.

That's beautiful man! Great job! I love that Ross cover and this looks even better than the original! :awesome:

there are things I like and don't like about it tbqh

i don't want to sound nitpicky

Damn son. So epic, great job. Hope we get an official image or poster release which is similar to this.

there are things I like and don't like about it tbqh

i don't want to sound nitpicky

Do you want me to change something? I'm sorry if it's not to your liking. If you're not satisfied I'll fix it up for no additional charge. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"