World The Official Ultimate Goblin Appreciation Thread.

webhead731

I'm a photographer
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I really like the Ultimate Goblins. Green Goblin and Hobgoblin. I know that they're not people in costumes and they don't have gliders or anything, but they're still cool. In this thread we can talk about Ultimate Green Goblin or Ultimate Hobgoblin. Go ahead and post your appreciation for them or post any opinion. Keep it clean though. Just state what you like or don't like about them in a nice way. Pictures would be great. I'll post a few to start it off.

My opinions/history with the Goblins.

When I first saw Ultimate Green Goblin I thought he was messed up. It was on like issue 22. His face was on the cover. I started reading at issue 15 or something so I hadn't see him before. Later I bought the volumes of the first few issues so I could read them. That was after I saw UGG for the first time.
I liked the series so I picked up the issue and bought it. I read it and saw him transformed at the end and thought he looked cool but he wasn't that Goblin-like. I got the issues after that and started to like the character and saw the Goblin in him. I really enjoyed those issues he was in. I think it's my favorite part of the series so far.
The Goblin things that remind me of classic Green Goblin are the purple cloak with hood, the fireballs are kind of like pumpkin bombs, he's insane, the Goblin ears, the smile and the laugh.
He transformed even more when he injected more OZ stuff into him and got Abomination-like ears and bigger horns. I liked the original UGG look better but I was still okay with the new look. I liked the normal speech the first UGG had. I wish he had gone back to the original UGG look for the game too.
Speaking of the game, I liked him in it. Best boss battle in the game in my opinion lol. Just hearing those things he says makes my friends and I laugh, "Die, die, DIE!!!!" "Kill you!" "More fire!" I think that sounds pretty funny.
I'm looking forward to playing as him in the new Spider-Man DS game.

Ultimate Hobgoblin was still cool with the fire and everything. Not as Goblin like as GG but still cool. And in my opinion, I think that part of the Ultimate series has one of the best Marvel Comic battles. The art was just too good. Anyone else agree?
I hope UHG appears in a Ultimate Spider-Man 2 game if they make one.

Overall, I would have liked a different, more classic look for the Ultimate Goblins, but I'm still happy with what they did. I don't hate them or anything. It's just a series, it's not like it's going to be in every Spider-Man comic from now on.

Try to enjoy the Ultimate stuff.:up:

Here are some pictures!

025.jpg

My favorite USM cover. This is the "original UGG look" I was talking about.

024.jpg

026.jpg

Discuss!:)

I can't see the pictures. Ima bout to read all the stuff though. starting now.

I don't know why you can't see the pictures. That's weird.:confused:

I love the battels in USM. I think they are amazing and the new style of art versus the original spiderman. I like the green goblin and it did also take e some time to get used to it. I just cant let go of the original but since the new USM made changes to all the character, it only seems right to change the goblins appearance. Plus I think the new goblin design matches his personality more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"