• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Vertigo Thread

Totally read over that there's co-writers. Okay, that makes more sense.

DC’s Vertigo Imprint to Relaunch in August 2018

Curious how one would relaunch an imprint that's mostly/completely creator owned stuff at this point. The article points to word at SDCC suggesting returns for Sandman and The Invisibles. But what else? Bring Hellblazer back to the fold? Along with a few other things that are sort of on the outer edges of the DCU, but that Vertigo grants you to go a little further with content-wise?

I'd like to see the return of the darker, more mature side of the DCU. Less indie type books.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/167786399547/any-chance-you-know-why-torso-has-disappeared
Any chance you know why "Torso" has disappeared from the Comixology online store? I wanted to buy it but it apparently got taken off November 6th.

All of my creator owned material is making its journey from icon to their new home. it will be back there shortly. we will be announcing that new home very soon.

If you want to buy the print Marvel/icon versions of these books… Now is the time. At the end of December they will no longer be available. There will be new editions from a new publisher but these will be gone.

everything that we own will remain in print and digital.
Wonder if Bendis' creator-owned stuff could be coming to Vertigo. That would certainly make some noise.

Curious to see what artists they round up for these books.

tumblr_p4xchtrOcz1uezmbko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4xchtrOcz1uezmbko6_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4xchtrOcz1uezmbko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4xchtrOcz1uezmbko4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4xchtrOcz1uezmbko5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p4xchtrOcz1uezmbko3_1280.jpg

I thought this was interesting...

Sandman is the big name here, but this imprint will also involve Books of Magic. What are you looking forward to about revisiting Timothy Hunter and his universe?

Mostly what I’m looking forward to is going to that idea and starting it again in 2018. Books of Magic was an idea I came up with and did 30 years ago and loved and had an enormous amount of fun with. It was pre-Harry Potter, and the idea of a bespectacled, tousled 12-year-old boy with an owl learning magic was this sort of weird new thing we were trying to figure out as it went along. I love the idea of starting that again now, because now you’re in a universe in which everybody and their brother knows how that kind of story ought to go. Now we’re going to go back and look at ways it can go, both lighter and darker (he said, picking his words with care), than the original. With that one, we’re taking this comic book approach that reminds me a little bit of what DC did when they came up with the concept of Earth One. They took the Flash, and you created the Barry Allen Flash and let the Jay Garrick Flash be the Flash of Earth Two. It’s a new Tim Hunter for a new time, and the old Tim Hunter may well have existed, and that may actually have ramifications for us a little bit down the line.

And this sketch from the artist doing Books of Magic...

DdPi-2rUQAEZXLs.jpg:large

DC Relaunching Vertigo Comic Book Imprint With 7 Titles

DfGuzVBV4AE1U5Y.jpg:large

The new series, as announced by DC, are:

Border Town by Eric M. Esquivel and Ramon Villalobos

When a crack in the border between worlds releases an army of monsters from Mexican folklore into the small town of Devil’s Fork, Arizona, the residents blame the ensuing weirdness — the shared nightmares, the otherworldly radio transmissions, the mysterious goat mutilations — on “God-dang illegals.” With racial tensions supernaturally charged, it’s up to new kid in town Frank Dominguez and a motley crew of high school misfits to discover what’s REALLY going on. (September)

Hex Wives by Ben Blacker and Mirka Andolfo

“The women are too powerful. They must be tamed.” A malevolent conspiracy of men brainwashes a coven of witches to be subservient, suburban housewives. But it’s only a matter of time before the women remember their power... (October)

American Carnage by Bryan Hill and Leandro Fernandez

In this thrilling crime saga, disgraced FBI agent Richard Wright, who is biracial but can pass for white, goes undercover in a white supremacist group believed to be responsible for the death of a fellow agent. (November)

Goddess Mode by Zoë Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez

In a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I., it’s one young woman’s horrible job to do tech support on it. But when Cassandra finds herself violently drawn into a hidden and deadly digital world beneath our own, she discovers a group of super-powered women and horrific monsters locked in a secret war for the cheat codes to reality. (December)

High Level by Rob Sheridan and Barnaby Bagenda

Hundreds of years after the world ended and human society was rebuilt from scratch, a self-interested smuggler with a price on her head is forced to traverse a new continent of danger and mystery to deliver a child messiah to High Level, a mythical city at the top of the world from which no one has ever returned. (2019)

Safe Sex by Tina Horn and Mike Dowling

A dystopian sci-fi thriller about a ragtag team of sex workers fighting for the freedom to love in a world where sexual pleasure is monitored, regulated and policed by the government. (2019)

Second Coming by Mark Russell and Richard Pace

God sends Jesus to Earth in hopes that he will learn the family trade from Sun-Man, an all-powerful superhero, who is like the varsity quarterback son God never had. But, upon his return to Earth, Christ is appalled to discover what has become of his Gospel and vows to set the record right. (2019)

DfHtrs9X4AEpDUJ.jpg:large

DfJUWiBVMAAFSMT.jpg

DfGvg7FUwAAZucO.jpg:large

DfJUWiBUcAE3oS1.jpg

DfJUWiAUEAAVSov.jpg

DfG0R4EXUAY_hlu.jpg

DfG26fNW0AE2dn2.jpg

Really intrigued by Border Town and Hex Wives, seeing that their writers describe them as a play on classic teen adventures and Bewitched, respectively.

Curious to see if Second Coming causes as much of a stir as Preacher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"