• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. X3 didn't have dodgy fx. I just hope there are no terrible First Class fx like the complete shambles that was Wolverine.

Anyone who gave Wolverine a positive review is a fool, and to be laughed at.

I was seeing a ton of shoddy work in terms of CGI for Wolverine even before they released it, but I cannot say the same for First Class.

Every bit of footage that involves CGI/VFX has looked amazing and nowhere near comparable to that of freaking Wolverine's which was atrocious for a lack of a better word in almost every scene where it was used.

Anyone who gave Wolverine a positive review is a fool, and to be laughed at.

Besides the unbelievable cheesy dialogues like "Back to back" "What are you" "You always say that" "Wake me when its over" "Don't even think about it, we didn't sign up for this" "Whatever this is, take it outside", etc. The movie looked cheap, the establishing shots were nice, but the rest just looked cheap, I don't know if it was the cinematography or the camera or the color, I just found some of the shots really cheap. Another reason why I dislike X-Men Origins: Wolverine so much.

Was hoping the first negative review would be an actual negative review, and not an attention seeking piece of dribble. :(

Shouldn't there be a poll on this thread? Late again. Oh well.

3/5 - Average

Basically, this movie was a muddled piece of eye candy. It had it's good elements, but I can't help but think that a prequel should be there to fill in the blanks, whereas First Class inserted enough continuity problems to just confuse the issue (assuming it should be taken as a prequel to Bryan Singer's movies). Therefore it wasted much of its potential.

Wolverine delivered one of the most memorable lines from the entire series though. :bow:

So I take it everyone went bananas when the 1st bad review popped up.

That was how it fared on it's own.

most of your complaint was about continuity

'but I can't help but think that a prequel should be there to fill in the blanks, whereas First Class inserted enough continuity problems to just confuse the issue'

3/5 - Average

Basically, this movie was a muddled piece of eye candy. It had it's good elements, but I can't help but think that a prequel should be there to fill in the blanks, whereas First Class inserted enough continuity problems to just confuse the issue (assuming it should be taken as a prequel to Bryan Singer's movies). Therefore it wasted much of its potential.

Wolverine delivered one of the most memorable lines from the entire series though. :bow:

Since this review is centered around the inevitable continuity issues (that I really don't mind) it's not a review I would take into account before watching the movie. But hey! you got to watch it, that's cool.

I was seeing a ton of shoddy work in terms of CGI for Wolverine even before they released it, but I cannot say the same for First Class.

Every bit of footage that involves CGI/VFX has looked amazing and nowhere near comparable to that of freaking Wolverine's which was atrocious for a lack of a better word in almost every scene where it was used.

That's whats frustrating me. While I have no doubt the fx aren't Avatar standard I'd at least expect them to reach the standard of the Trilogy which, from what I've seen, they have. I really hope there are no Wolverine like fx in First Class.

3/5 - Average

It's quite obviously a loose prequel that is also something of a Star Trek-style reboot/reinvention. That is totally obvious from seeing it.

Rather than tie themselves in knots trying to connect every detail of the films, they have done what's best for the story. It's the right way to go. It does mean that Magneto and Charles don't appear to collaborate on the Cerebro we saw in the later film, but who gives a damn, to be honest?

And you need to learn the difference between its and it's. It's is short for 'it is', with the apostrophe taking the place of a missing letter. For instance: It's the best film (It is the best film). The dog wagged its tail (you cannot say 'the dog wagged it is tail' so the correct word is its). Basic grammar, basic English....

Why is anybody harping on the continuity in this movie?

Less than 63hrs to go for me. Yay!:woot::awesome:

Was hoping the first negative review would be an actual negative review, and not an attention seeking piece of dribble. :(

This guy says it best...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270798/board/thread/183498319

That reviewer is as unprofessional as it gets and should lose his RT standing. Writing RT would either send a message or prove that his attention seeking methods work. I can't decide which or if I should bother.

When the reviewer posts "I just knocked it from 100% to 96% on RT" then it's clear what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"