Sequels The Original Cast Appreciation Thread

I am skeptical of X-force being made.

Rob Liefeld said he was told Fox's plans including it changed with Apocalypse.Deadpool moving forward also hints at that.Jeff Wadlow who wrote the draft of X-force after disappointment of kick-ass2 Is now doing masters of the universe.Lauren Shueller Donner this past summer was talking up Deadpool and gambit but not X-force.

I am skeptical fox would stop making X-Men films with characters familar to GA In favor of spin-offs with less familar characters.Since Fox Is not going to
quit making X-Men films any X related film will have as much merchandize in stores in future as DOFP had.

Now my insists after ending of DOFP where trilogy was erased would lead me to believe Fox Intends to move forward with new younger actors along with FC actors+Hugh Jackman as long as they can however they are doing another wolverine film after both origins and The wolverine have been erased so another X-Men film with original cast can't be ruled out especilly If Bryan Singer wants to do it,and fox thinks they can make money with it.The cheapstake who killed a X4 after Last stand-Tom Rothman-Is gone from Fox.
However it really can't be X4 since now the trilogy has been erased.It would be more a future sequel to FC trilogy

That will likely change after Apocalypse.That's last film Jennifer Lawrence Is contracted for,and rumors suggest she will be gone from series after that.

people like to say lawrence success is the only reason mystique is a bigger character for this series of films but you forget 2 things

1. jennifer lawrence was pretty unknown during FC and mystique was still a main character with her own story and development

2. they wouldn't have taken mystique out of the DOFP story because she is still a well known character from the OT who we already see the start of her story in FC so its very possible if not likely mystique would have got the same role in the story either way, same with apocalypse

I never said they would take mystique out of the FC trilogy If Lawrence hadn't had the hungar games and won the oscar.But it defently caused some influence on films.

It's a pity we'll probably never see the original cast again, considering that'd be one X-Men movie I'd really look forward to.

Certain ones will probably be seen again in varies projects but I just have my doubts it will be all of them in their own movie

I guess I don't understand why a film featuring the "junior" X-Men from the original trilogy was never an option. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus. Possibly Angel/Archangel. Maybe Wolverine or Storm as a mentor. Now Bishop, Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot are options as well. I feel like their abilities are interesting enough and the actors' salaries doable.

good point. And its not like Fox cant introduce even more familiar mutants on present time, lets say Psylocke, Jubilee, Sunfire, Polaris.... the list can go on and on. And they could even use Cable and Domino too, to set up XForce, or as their second appearance. So the possibilities are endless

Give it time. Well it took 3 films after X3 before the OT cast came back for their 4th film. So maybe after 3 films again? Like after Wolverine 3 in 2017 and inbetween Wolverine 3 and DOFP, there would be cameos from the OT cast again.

I guess I don't understand why a film featuring the "junior" X-Men from the original trilogy was never an option. Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus. Possibly Angel/Archangel. Maybe Wolverine or Storm as a mentor. Now Bishop, Blink, Warpath, and Sunspot are options as well. I feel like their abilities are interesting enough and the actors' salaries doable.

I guess its just not a priority for them.

...I remember back when X3 came out there were the rumors...for Wolverine, Magneto...and the unknown spin-off focusing on young X-Men...before it became First Class, I remember many speculated it might have been the "junior" team...sometimes I wish we could have gotten that film...

...I also still think Bishop, Blink, Warpath and Sunspot should be X-Force...I mean, have a few of the other additions that have been speculated appear...but I'd say you have a good line-up...and I'd hate to think that those characters were one-and-done...

Bishop and Blink should come back.

Warpath and Sunspot... I don't mind if they don't come back.

The OT cast.... THEY SHOULD COME BACK!

B-E5FMzIIAAujAF.jpg:large

:xmen:

I hope fox will do cyclops right later. They haven't done him right from the beginning because at the time he is not a selling point with his boyscout personality, but now he has changed into antihero in the comic, he even has become the symbol for mutants in the comic. i hope fox really aware about this, if they really pay attention to the source material.

I hope we get X4 after AOA. Roster I'd love to see:

Cyclops*
Jean*
Storm*
Beast*
Iceman
Angel
Wolverine*
Rogue*
Gambit*
Nightcrawler*
Colossus
Shadowcat

I guess if 12 people are too many, I'd settle for the 8 I've starred. Personally I don't see a cast that big being an issue - we've already developed the characters over a bunch of films. So long as Wolverine and Storm's dialogue is limited to their stoic source material and Cyclops is more talkative and Rogue more charismatic. To me, the one's not starred would mainly just be fanfare for me haha

Any news on a future film with the original cast? Ugh the things I'd do just to make this happen!

Halle Berry ad Hugh Jackman are rumored to appear in X-Men Apocalypse in cameo roles.

Funny how you are posting that in this thread, when Liev Schreiber is not even in a part of the original cast and only appeared in the Wolverine prequel spin-off which I'm sure you are very aware of. Keep it up.

What? Stop picking fights with me in every thread. I like Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"