The Original Vulture Script

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
Does anybody know the whereabouts of this. Initially (before Ari Arad and the powers that be at Sony persuaded Sam Raimi to include Venom), "Spider-Man 3" was suppose to have Vulture (with Sir Ben Kingsley in the running to play him) as Sandman's prison cellmate/tormentor in crime.

No idea. I think the best hope is getting "The Making of" book of the film.

vulturesm7.jpg

If the film did get made with the Vulture I wonder how Raimi would've tied him in to Peter Parker's life,as he did with all the villains. Maybe the Vulture would have bumped into Aunt May one day at the store and forget to say,"excuse me?" lol

There wouldn't have been one. Toomes would have a past vendetta against Spidey not Parker. In the book it explained that Toomes was busted by Spidey in an illegal deal of sorts.

I think this would have made a better movie.
Introduce the black suit and Eddie Brock in this
At the end have Venom be created.
Simple.

Maybe just maybe he might be seen in spidey 4. Kinda as a flashback like how sandman was seen in number 1 in spidey 3. It a possibility for vulture to make a spot as a villain.

I think that even with Vulture it would've been too many villains. Venom needs more backstory than Vulture,but you would have had Sandman,Vulture and New Goblin(and possibly even the symbiote if that was in the film). Still,way too much.
For my tastes,Spidey 3 would've worked best with just 2 villains:Venom and New Goblin.

I think that even with Vulture it would've been too many villains. Venom needs more backstory than Vulture,but you would have had Sandman,Vulture and New Goblin(and possibly even the symbiote if that was in the film). Still,way too much.
For my tastes,Spidey 3 would've worked best with just 2 villains:Venom and New Goblin.

I think just Sandman and New Goblin would've been better.
Should've given more screen time to Sandman.

I think just Sandman and New Goblin would've been better.
Should've given more screen time to Sandman.

I probably would agree with you. As long as he wasn't Uncle Ben's killer. I never did like that.

No the original story with Vulture never even included the Symbiote. The problem wasn't the amount of villains, it was how each were treated and fleshed out as a character in the movie's screentime.

Vulture:
*Wants revenge on Spidey for an illegal bust (something that may or may not have even been shown in the movie). Now he lost his business and is forced to spend what little life he has left in prison.
*Toomes (who wants revenge from the start) would have spent a substantial time in prison before Sandman breaks him out, leaving more screentime for Sandman, Harry, etc...
*Plus the team up would have made sense, cuz him and Sandman were cellmates.

Venom:
*Introduce the Symbiote
*Introduce Brock and Gwen Stacy
*Show the rivalry between Peter & Brock and give reason for Brock to hate Peter/Spidey.
*Show Spidey with the symbiote and its effects on him and the people around him
*Spidey looses it, then the symbiote goes on to Brock creating Venom.
* Venom teams up with Sandman for the finale.

Now are you honestly going to say that with Vulture, it would still been way too much? :o

No the original story with Vulture never even included the Symbiote. The problem wasn't the amount of villains, it was how each were treated and fleshed out as a character in the movie's screentime.

Vulture:
*Wants revenge on Spidey for an illegal bust (something that may or may not have even been shown in the movie). Now he lost his business and is forced to spend what little life he has left in prison.
*Toomes (who wants revenge from the start) would have spent a substantial time in prison before Sandman breaks him out, leaving more screentime for Sandman, Harry, etc...

Venom:
*Introduce the Symbiote
*Show the rivalry between Peter & Brock and give reason for Brock to hate Peter/Spidey.

Now are you honestly going to say that with Vulture, it would still been way too much? :o

I agree with you that the symbiote storyline offered way too much story,but even with Vulture I still think 3 villains are too much. However,Harry's story was already developed over the course of 2 previous films,and Sandman and Vulture aren't complicated villains that require alot of backstory. So,you do have a point.

Vulture:

Venom:
*Introduce the Symbiote

yeah Vulture would've made a better villain than Venom in Spiderman 3...cause Venom deserves more than that..(similar with the problem Sandman had, Venom had very small amount of time.....
also only had one action scene..which wasn't even focused on Venom)

The Vulture film would've been much better. That little piece of concept art just makes it look like a classic Spidey movie.

I really wish the movie would be made with Sam Raimi's original concept. Something I have always been curious about though is Harry's arc. Would he have become the Goblin or would he try to forgive Peter for his father's death?

I believe that Arad pushed Raimi to have Harry become a costumed Goblin, Raimi's preference was that Harry be villainous but not costumed, more like playing a similar role to what he did in SM2, working with/interacting with the supervillains. Which would have felt pretty underwhelming in what people would expect to be, and probably would have been, the final chapter. Not sure if Raimi wanted to wrap up Harry's story in 3 without him becoming a Goblin or save him as a new Goblin for a 4.

I believe that Arad pushed Raimi to have Harry become a costumed Goblin, Raimi's preference was that Harry be villainous but not costumed, more like playing a similar role to what he did in SM2, working with/interacting with the supervillains. Which would have felt pretty underwhelming in what people would expect to be, and probably would have been, the final chapter. Not sure if Raimi wanted to wrap up Harry's story in 3 without him becoming a Goblin or save him as a new Goblin for a 4.
Apparently his story was always supposed to wrap up in 3. I read in the making of spiderman 3 book that he and Peter would rekindle their friendship. Which is why I'm assuming that had him have amnesia.

Apparently his story was always supposed to wrap up in 3. I read in the making of spiderman 3 book that he and Peter would rekindle their friendship. Which is why I'm assuming that had him have amnesia.
Wait a minute...
So the third movie was supposed to be the final but a few years they planned on making a fourth movie?
wow.... That's what happens when you rushed your employees and not giving them some creative freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"