• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'The Raid' Director Gareth Evans to Helm Period Thriller 'Apostle' (Exclusive)

ETA: I want a prequel about the grinder. Like what the heck is that?

Same.

tumblr_pgj19nczpZ1rrkahjo5_540.gif

I liked it a lot. Going in, I didn't think much about what supernatural stuff might be involved but I was happy they quickly showed they were going that route. I loved it when the camera started moving like what we'd see in the action scenes of The Raid films.

I kept thinking of Lil Magneto yelling and making some metal float around or whatever. :sly:

I think I derived more tension from Evans’ name on the film than from the film itself.

That’s what I meant. Evans’ name carries certain connotations as a result, no? The effects of which were a kind of ticking down clock element on this film that about half-way through I realized had more to do with my idea of what a film from him is rather than the actual product.

Great surprise really enjoyed it . Dan stevens really has range i think the dude is underrated imo. The supporting cast was fantastic aswell. Think i will watch again to streamline some bits. This film came across as the VVitch meets the wicker man. 8.5/10

Just finished and my God I love this movie.

Maybe it's being a Christian and going through years of private school learning about world religions. It reminded me of how my faith made 'The Conjuring 2' even more frightening as well, due to what's there subliminally.

It reminded me a lot of 'Wicker Man' - albeit a more gory take.

10/10

Last edited:
Yeah, Midsommar felt like Wicker Man if you replaced Nicolas Cage’s over the top acting without any eyeroll-inducing group of twenty somethings behaving like morons. This film was more engaging and with better performances all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"