The Ratings Thread

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss the show's ratings here.

I was hoping Superman and Lois would hit 2-3 million views on their premiere. It was a great start and the BTS special held most of their audience from the pilot.

That’s actually a good retention. Be interested to see what it’s streaming numbers are like.

It actually raised viewership over The Flash. Looks like it’s skewing older than that show. Holding pretty much the entire audience of its lead-in at a new timeslot is a good sign.

The drop was expected when they put Superman and Lois at 9pm, but they retained most of their audience. At least it's in a million and not less than a million like other CW shows.

The drop was expected when they put Superman and Lois at 9pm, but they retained most of their audience. At least it's in a million and not less than a million like other CW shows.

It should hold steady going into next week, especially as This is Us won't return until March 16.

It should hold steady going into next week, especially as This is Us won't return until March 16.

Also remarkable is that Superman and Lois beat the Flash. 9pm is not as bad as it looks for Superman and Lois.

I think Superman & Lois, Flash, and Stargirl are going to be the ones to be in the million range.

Also remarkable is that Superman and Lois beat the Flash. 9pm is not as bad as it looks for Superman and Lois.

I think Superman & Lois, Flash, and Stargirl are going to be the ones to be in the million range.

The Flash rounded down to 998k viewers.

9pm isnt HORRIBLE but S&L would probably pull in more viewers at 8pm. CW is shifting Batwoman to 9pm pretty soon and LoT in front of it. Wouldnt be surprised if they do the same for The Flash.

The Flash rounded down to 998k viewers.

9pm isnt HORRIBLE but S&L would probably pull in more viewers at 8pm. CW is shifting Batwoman to 9pm pretty soon and LoT in front of it. Wouldnt be surprised if they do the same for The Flash.
I doubt it. I think they know The Flash is a "family show" and they'd be leaving a lot of their audience behind if they did.

I doubt it. I think they know The Flash is a "family show" and they'd be leaving a lot of their audience behind if they did.

They may take their chances and see how it pans out. If anything they could always re-adjust. But we'll see how both shows go the remainder of the season.

They should have aired it at 8:00.

I hope the ratings remain consistent and they continue to soar for Superman & Lois.

I think what folk need to realise is the ratings aren’t actually as important as you think. The CW are pushing people to watch stuff on their app more than the actual live airings.

I actually do watch it on the app. Did they not show the numbers for people that watched it on the app for this recent episode? I thought they did with the pilot.

I actually do watch it on the app. Did they not show the numbers for people that watched it on the app for this recent episode? I thought they did with the pilot.
The app numbers don't have a regular weekly release. They talked about them a little bit in their press release for the season 2 renewal, and included some delayed viewing (DVR) numbers, but they can be a bit harder to come by, generally. They definitely count, though! The CW as a netlet actually cares more about streaming numbers than live viewing numbers. Unlike the big 4 networks, their business model was never designed around live viewing numbers.

I just wish the app was better. No idea why but the last 2 weeks I've been getting more and more playback errors to the extent it's becoming unwatchable on firestick. Had no issues at all last season, I've clear cache, data, deleted and reinstalled the app and nothing seems to work. Every now and then I get through an episode without a hitch but most of the time I'm having to leave the app for a few minutes and then reload at least 2-3 times per episode now. No idea what changed but it's so frustrating.

I can use the app on PC and port that across to my TV but the quality isn't as good for whatever reason (only tried this last night so might be able to mess with the settings a bit).

I saw this on a Forbes article

Here are some eye-popping stats about the Superman and Lois premiere, via TheWrap:

• Superman and Lois is the most-streamed premiere in CW history.
  • Nielsen says the premiere has already been watched by 3.25 million viewers, with 86% growth since the night of its debut.
  • For adults under 50 it had a 0.76 rating, the highest CW premiere of the season.
  • Superman and Lois marks the largest viewership for a DC show on the CW since 2019’s Crisis on Infinite Earth’s Flash episode

Forbes shouldve left out that last bullet point lol. But glad its doing so well in streaming.

The Wrap's wording is deceptive, but it's worth noting that 3.25 million views and 86% growth number is the delayed viewing (DVR) numbers. Doesn't even include streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"