The return of Beavis and Butt-head!

craigdbfan

Avenger
Reaction score
Beavis and Butthead Strike Back

butthead_slap.gif

Following in the footsteps of Family Guy and Futurama, it seems that Mike Judge's classic cartoon Beavis and Butt-head may also be making a return to television in the semi-near future. Saying they've spoken to an anonymous source, REVIEWniverse reports that Judge, the mastermind behind Office Space and King of the Hill, has been outlining 30 new episodes of the animated MTV series.

According to REVIEWniverse, Judge also plans to honor the show's roots, retaining the series' original format and faded aesthetic.

Whether MTV will actually pick up the show's resurrection remains to be seen, but in a worst case scenario, the show could make a viable transition from the small screen to the computer screen - and could be easily published on Judge's own website or an established online partner.

- IGN

If MTV won't pick it up I'm sure Fox, Comedy Central, hell even TBS/Adult Swim will all be offering their bids for the resurrected series.

This is so awesome. :up: :wow:

"Following in the footsteps of Family Guy"?

Oh joy. :dry:

I think they mean in terms of being cancelled and then once again given the greenlight.

Something Family Guy faced two times and Futurama once. Now when are they going to do this with King of the Hill because there was no reason for that show to be cancelled over more McFarlane double hour power hour or whatever the heck Fox is calling it.

I think they mean in terms of being cancelled and then once again given the greenlight.

Something Family Guy faced two times and Futurama once. Now when are they going to do this with King of the Hill because there was no reason for that show to be cancelled over more McFarlane double hour power hour or whatever the heck Fox is calling it.

Yeah, yeah. I got that.

I think it means in the sense that it went off the air and came back. It also sights Futurama. But yeah, hopefully it won't follow Family Guy quality wise.

I loved Beavis and Butt-Head growing up, so naturally I'm cautious about bringing them back. Hopefully Judge knows what he's doing and has some solid funny ideas. His last venture, "The Goode Family" was pretty lame.

Loved B&B, but with music copyrights a lot more hazardous these days than they were in the 1990s, I fear that they might not be able to do the music video parts of the show, which were my favorite.

I guess because FOX canceled KOTH and the Goode Family didn't take off, Judge is going back to his roots.

YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

No its not. Thats just something "Woe is me, life sucks and no one gets me," emos want to think.

No its not. Thats just something "Woe is me, life sucks and no one gets me," emos want to think.

Yeah, that's pretty much nothing like Daria at all.

Anyway, I'm kind of not surprised and surprised at the same. Seems with shows like Family Guy and Futurama, it's not all that surprising to see them want to revive other older toons in that vein. It does kind of surprise me in the sense that I didn't think Beavis and Butthead was canceled, just ended, and that it had something like six or seven seasons. I guess it doesn't matter, since there wasn't a story to end or anything that I remember, just them doing random stuff, but it seems an odd return after such a long run.

Well, regardless, I was never a huge fan of the show (it was kind of funny, I guess, but I got bored with the series pretty quickly), but it's interesting to see it revived. I'm sure it'll be better than anything else MTV is currently putting out

Loved B&B, but with music copyrights a lot more hazardous these days than they were in the 1990s, I fear that they might not be able to do the music video parts of the show, which were my favorite.

They won't be able to do that part of the show because it would mean ACTUALLY PLAYING MUSIC VIDEOS ON MTV. And as we all know, that can't happen. MTV is all about bullsh** reality shows and uh... Twilight.

Regardless though, I'm still psyched that more Beavis & Butthead is finally on the way!

so awesome. If B&B end up making fun of reality tv while also making fun of ****** music videos, this will be so great. I love how a show on mtv is making fun of mtv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"