The Score of The Batman

I REALLY want Junkie to do the score. The BvS Batman theme personifies Batman and is my favorite superhero theme, period. I think it might be my favorite song too (or second to the Isengard theme).

I want Junkie too.

Next pick would be Christopher Drake.

Elfman hasn't been able to pull a good composition out of his ass for years. Not sure if Shore would be fitting for Batman, but I respect his work enough to give him a chance.

It will be Michael Giacchino. The guy worked with Matt Reeves in every movie he made

Elfman hasn't been able to pull a good composition out of his ass for years. Not sure if Shore would be fitting for Batman, but I respect his work enough to give him a chance.

I doubt anyone can pull a good composition out of their butt.

I wanna say elfman
especially since he's doing JL

But I'd be happy with Giacchino

After Junkie XL got replaced on scoring JL I hope they keep away him and his style for the remainder of the DCEU.

Yeah he's vastly overrated by the DCEU fans.

Seal...Kiss from A Rose...that is such an iconic Batman song I mean how they have never used it again I will never understand

I want Elfman, especially if he does a score in the spirit of his earlier Batman work.

For a gritty crime drama, I'm not sure Elfman's B'89's sound would be appropriately fitting. It worked well for Burton's otherworldly, gothic, comic booky atmosphere but I'm thinking this will be a hardboiled film noir. I think Junkie could nail this, I highly recommend you guys check out his soundtrack for Run All Night--the film itself is really good- but the score SOUNDS like "Gotham City: The Soundtrack." It's sooo good.

If not, I would like Jóhann Jóhannsson, the man knows how to do moody and atmospheric like no one else in the biz currently.

I really love the score for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Even though the film is set in 1950's England, something about the music is very reminiscent of the old film noirs of the 1940s. I'd love it if we could get a score similar to that.

Alberto Iglesias is my vote.

Last edited:
Baring an unforeseen scheduling conflict, it's a pretty safe bet Michael Giacchino will be scoring this film.

For a gritty crime drama, I'm not sure Elfman's B'89's sound would be appropriately fitting. It worked well for Burton's otherworldly, gothic, comic booky atmosphere but I'm thinking this will be a hardboiled film noir. I think Junkie could nail this, I highly recommend you guys check out his soundtrack for Run All Night--the film itself is really good- but the score SOUNDS like "Gotham City: The Soundtrack." It's sooo good.

If not, I would like Jóhann Jóhannsson, the man knows how to do moody and atmospheric like no one else in the biz currently.

Family, First Batman, & Roof Fight
[YT]rneCf1oTyHQ[/YT]

Jack Vs. Eckhart
[YT]KR0A_SUk9uY[/YT]

Roasted Dude
[YT]oQB4KRUPCB8[/YT]

Clown Attack
[YT]sd6OIc_1YQo[/YT]

Childhood Remembered
[YT]BTmuLBa9rYU[/YT]

Sounds gritty to me. The majority of the B89 score is very doomladen. Besides Elfman has written edgier scores than B89/BR.

Anyways as cool as it would be to see (and hear) Elfman return to take a different approach on a Batman score. I'd rather another composer (preferably someone who isn't a student/protege of Zimmer's) take a crack at it. Elfman already put his stamp musically on the caped crusader that'll forever be ingrained in pop culture.

I still don't buy into the notion that Elfman's Batman scores are too campy for anything outside the Burton movies.

I don't think Hans Zimmer leaving these movies is a good thing at all. At least, not for me. Pretty much all the best scores i've heard in super hero movies come from this guy, aside from some of Elfman's work. Most CBM scores just seem generic and forgettable compared to what this man creates. I also think BvS score is incredibly underrated. "A Beautiful Lie" is one of the best scores i've heard in any CBM.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, it's almost definite that Michael Giacchino is a shoe-in for this film's score. Which is actually fantastic news, imo. He tends to be at his absolute best when he works with Matt Reeves.

Listening to the score for War for the Planet of the Apes right now and it's fantastic stuff. I can definitely imagine how he'd approach scoring a Batman film for Reeves.

Didn't know where else to post these re-score videos, but it's interesting hearing the different styles in scoring from previous Batman films (both animated and live action) alongside the BvS warehouse fight scene.

BvS Warehouse Fight Scene (Re-Edit, Batman 1989 Rescore)
[YT]yPQO0nQ7WZw[/YT]

BvS Warehouse Fight Scene (Re-Edit, DCAU Rescore)
[YT]XoK3j-urORk[/YT]

BvS Warehouse fight with Batman Forever OST
[YT]aYAnOHq4HvY[/YT]

BvS Warehouse Fight Scene (Re-Edit, Nolan Trilogy Rescore)
[YT]8Fsuh_CYleg[/YT]

BvS Warehouse Fight Scene (Re-Edit, Dark Knight Returns Rescore)
[YT]2PJW8HxlHmw[/YT]

BvS Warehouse Fight Scene (Re-Edit, Arkham Rescore)
[YT]44lpeaF5iUU[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"