The Score of The Batman

Outside of Elfman, I'd go with Clint Mansell, Nick Cave or James Newton Howard for a Batman flick.

I say bring back the Elfman theme and just make that the official Batman theme for all time. Star Wars has a theme, Bond has a theme, Indy has a theme... don't see why Batman can't have one either.

Let's be honest nothing is ever going to measure up anyway. Elfman so perfectly captured the spirit of Batman that it's pointless even trying to outdo it. I'd be okay with different variations of it but the basic theme should remain the same.

It's already iconic and the theme most people associate with Batman. Why not just use it? I think if people heard that song in a trailer along with the classic Bat-logo they would lose their s***!!!

I say bring back the Elfman theme and just make that the official Batman theme for all time. Star Wars has a theme, Bond has a theme, Indy has a theme... don't see why Batman can't have one either.

Let's be honest nothing is ever going to measure up anyway. Elfman so perfectly captured the spirit of Batman that it's pointless even trying to outdo it. I'd be okay with different variations of it but the basic theme should remain the same.

It's already iconic and the theme most people associate with Batman. Why not just use it? I think if people heard that song in a trailer along with the classic Bat-logo they would lose their s***!!!

I agree 100% but I don't think Affleck deserves the classic theme. They should save it for when he's gone.

I'd just like a memorable Batman theme again. Movies don't have really awesome hummable themes anymore or opening credit sequences for that matter.

What's wrong with opening credits?

Opening credits became a stylistic decision as opposed to something mandatory, so a lot of film makers just don't do it anymore. I love a good opening credits sequence myself.

I wouldn't mind this :funny:

It seems to me that Elfman will either reuse his old theme or write a new one for Justice League and then Giacchino will write his own for this. Three Batman themes across three movies. Musically speaking, things are going to start getting messy.

As much as I would love it, there's no way Elfman will use his original Batman theme.

I think they'll use the same themes from Mos/BvS in JL

I think Elfman should score The Batman. If not..I'd actually want to see a Howard Shore Batman score.

It's been way overdue for Howard Shore to score a superhero movie, imo.

I couldn't say who should compose The Batman, I'm terrible at giving those kinds of suggestions. But I would like to hear sort of a gothic horror-sounding score(not unlike the Elfman Batman but more modern).

I'd say just give Christopher Drake a promotion already, the dude deserves it.

It's almost definitely going to be Michael Giacchino. He's worked on all of Matt Reeves' previous films to date, even Cloverfield (albeit only for the end credits, since the primary film has no score).

And honestly? I think that if it is Giacchino, it'll be his best superhero score by far. The man's scores for Reeves' films feel completely different from the usual style you hear from him in other films.

[YT]xuRfs0FXzk0[/YT]
[YT]y8OyilvVzzU[/YT]

He can definitely pull off that darker, more gothic/horror style soundtrack for Batman.

"But Giacchino is such a SELLOU--"

*Sawyer beats trash person with a baseball bat*

I'd be okay with Michael Giacchino, Junkie XL,
Brian Tyler, Christoher Drake or Benjamin Wallfisch, with horror vibes.

Danny Elfman did great work with Batman, but
I want someone more fresh to work on a soundtrack for this film.

Gonna say it again - Ramin Djawadi.

Man responsible for the most iconic piece of theme music in the past decade.

Ramin would be a second place choice for me, but I'd hardly be disappointed.

Djawadi would be cool. I was hoping Marvel would bring him back for Infinity War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"