Clone Wars The Season 5 Discussion Thread

I have to catch up on CW so i cant comment on the last few episodes :csad:, but i want to say it could be interesting to see Order 66 from the pov of the clones, especially Rex. I've said it before and i'll say it again: if there's a clone capable of questioning that order and walking away, it could be him. I could see Rex having an argument with Anakin before the march on the Temple, and leaving. Anakin having an attachment to Rex lets him go. Ahsoka i feel might be way gone by the time Order 66 rolls on, be it that she dies or leaves the order for some reason.

I have to catch up on CW so i cant comment on the last few episodes :csad:, but i want to say it could be interesting to see Order 66 from the pov of the clones, especially Rex. I've said it before and i'll say it again: if there's a clone capable of questioning that order and walking away, it could be him. I could see Rex having an argument with Anakin before the march on the Temple, and leaving. Anakin having an attachment to Rex lets him go. Ahsoka i feel might be way gone by the time Order 66 rolls on, be it that she dies or leaves the order for some reason.

I don't think the Clones are even capable of questioning the order. I always got the impression, as I mentioned in more detail in a previous post, that it's something ingrained into them. Like in their DNA, they don't even know it's there.

I don't think the Clones are even capable of questioning the order. I always got the impression, as I mentioned in more detail in a previous post, that it's something ingrained into them. Like in their DNA, they don't even know it's there.
This got covered in the book "Dark Lord", the book taking place immediately following ROTS. It doesn't go into detail but some clones for sure were able to ignore their programming. The actually hid their Jedi companions and turned on Vader, who slaughtered them and the Jedi onc ehe found them.

This got covered in the book "Dark Lord", the book taking place immediately following ROTS. It doesn't go into detail but some clones for sure were able to ignore their programming. The actually hid their Jedi companions and turned on Vader, who slaughtered them and the Jedi onc ehe found them.
This :up:. I love Dark Lord btw :woot:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24602129&postcount=821

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has had several great guest stars over the years known for iconic roles in other popular genre franchises, including George Takei, Simon Pegg and Katee Sackhoff. But for the first time, a Doctor is coming to the series, as none other than David Tennant appears on this coming Saturday’s “A Test of Strength.”

The episode continues the story arc begun last week, as a group of young Jedi set out to build their first lightsabers. The former Doctor Who star will voice Huyang, a droid who is a crucial part of this journey.

This was all set in motion when The Clone Wars' supervising director, Dave Filoni, discovered the joys of Doctor Who. As Filoni explained to IGN, “My wife was the one who got me watching Doctor Who and I am really glad she did. I remember thinking that the series (Doctor Who) had many of the same production challenges that we do on The Clone Wars - creating galactic scale adventures and planets with strange life forms.”

When it came to getting Tennant to appear on The Clone Wars, Filoni remarked, “As a fan that has the privilege of playing in the Star Wars galaxy, I am always on the lookout for others who appreciate, and would enjoy, an opportunity to go on an adventure in George’s galaxy far, far away. When I heard the Doctor himself, David Tennant, was a fan of Star Wars I knew I had to find a way to get in contact with him to see if he would perform on The Clone Wars. The result was ‘Huyang,’ an ancient droid in the service of the Jedi Order, whose sole task in life has been overseeing the construction of lightsabers. I thought David was perfect for the part and he did not disappoint. He delivered a performance which impressed even the Master himself, George Lucas.”

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - “A Test of Strength" airs Saturday, November 10th at 9:30am on Cartoon Network.

More Jedi training, new lightsabers, and Hondo to boot? Can't wait! :woot:

Really like Hondo......one thing this series has done very well is with the new characters, and there introduction/inclusion to the SW universe.

Agree! They actually took an alien species I didn't like (Weequay) and turned them into a favorite!

A wookie with a wooden lightsaber sounds like fun

Loving this arc, Gungi is my dude! :D I also loved Professor Hyuang, he really felt in the spirit of a classic Star Wars character and the bit with Gungi carrying his head felt like a nice little nod to ESB.

Glad Ahoska pointed out how hostile Hondo was, it was a bit more so than usual with his willingness to kill the Younglings, and now he's gonna sell Ahsoka!??!?! :wow:

So much delicious fanservice. I'm talking about the things in Hunter Rider's spoiler tag. I'm not a very big Star Wars fan, but it sounds good. How did they explain Maul's return?

Man, I never much thought one way or the other about Ahsoka before, but after yesterday's episode I've got a whole new respect for her. The end was pretty damn shocking, I wasn't expecting that.

I like the Wookie, he's a cool dude. I once read George Lucas had declared that there would be no more Wookie Jedi, so I wonder if someone twisted his arm?

Ehhh given that Vader killed a bunch of kids I don't think he would have spared a clone no matter how much of a bond they had.

Ehhh given that Vader killed a bunch of kids I don't think he would have spared a clone no matter how much of a bond they had.
Well i still think he has a stronger bond with Rex, a clone who saved his life and fought side by side with him many times than with a bunch of kids he rarely saw anyways.

I'm really enjoying this arc.I kinda feel Hondo has been used a bit much,but I'm looking forward to seeing his plans for Ahsoka.

Really enjoying these Younglings.Hope they do more with them in the future.

Well i still think he has a stronger bond with Rex, a clone who saved his life and fought side by side with him many times than with a bunch of kids he rarely saw anyways.

That's a fair point, but Anakin did try to kill Obi Wan not terribly long after he wiped out the younglings. Obi Wan was arguably closer to Anakin than anyone, with that in mind I wouldn't fancy Rex's chances.

Depending on how close this ep is to ROTS she could be 18, as she was supposed to be 15 when the Clone Wars started and it lasted 3 years.

I love this show, but truthfully I've had about enough of this youngling story. I want the real action: Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Clone Troopers.

Anybody else find that the episodes that focus on the Clones tend to be the most interesting and enjoyable?

I'd like more focus on Anakin And Obi-Wan,that's for sure.

The Clone-centric stories can be pretty good,but I like the Jedi stuff the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"