Smallville The Smallville General Discussion Thread

I’m in the middle of my Smallvillle rewatch at the moment. Just got onto season 6.
Some of the early Clark/Lana stuff was worse than I remember.
The early episodes were cool, but it really gets going when Jonathan Kent dies & Lois becomes a series regular.

Last edited:
I'm fine if they recast her. They can find someone that sounds just like her.

I know Welling and Rosenbaum have talked about bringing the show back in animation for awhile now. I would love to see it happen.

I'm fine if they recast her. They can find someone that sounds just like her.

I know Welling and Rosenbaum have talked about bringing the show back in animation for awhile now. I would love to see it happen.
Indeed. For me this is right on time because I've been reminiscing about Smallville a lot lately & wanting to rewatch the series.

I'm all for continuing the Smallville universe & further adding to its mythology. An animated series feels like the perfect way to do so & will allow them to explore so many avenues.

The possibilities are truly endless.

Even though I think there were some occasional problems, "Smallville" was a truly great show. I'd love to see it continued, though I agree it would be tough for them to get Allison back. I personally think she has paid for her sins, but some of her fellow castmates may not agree. Forgiveness is one thing, but trust has to be earned, and that takes both effort and time. Its only been 8 months since Allison's release, and she's mostly stayed underground...so we'll see.

I’m in the middle of my Smallvillle rewatch at the moment. Just got onto season 6.
Some of the early Clark/Lana stuff was worse than I remember.
The early episodes were cool, but it really gets going when Jonathan Kent dies & Lois becomes a series regular.
Well, Lana was always an odd character in the comics, to start with. As originally created, she was Clark's first love before he met Lois, and there wasn't much to it beyond that...so the "Smallville" writers had a lot cut out for them. By adding in the subplot about the meteor shower killing Lana's parents, it connected Clark and Lana in a very deep emotional way. Tom and Kristin both sold that as best they could, but over time the writers ran out of ideas, so Lana was eventually sent off. The means of her departure was still so immensely heartbreaking, though - I really felt for both characters when that episode first aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"