Smallville The Smallville General Discussion Thread

I don’t know what’s the status of the animated Smallville project, but Gunn would have to be somewhat involved since everything will be connected now, right? Maybe it has a good chance now since Gunn and Rosenbaum are friends.

Majority will be connected but not 100% of DC will be. Wouldnt be surprised if they pass on this for HBO(MAX) and leave it up to Amazon since they made a deal with them for animation.

As long as it happens, I don’t care where they put this

Majority will be connected but not 100% of DC will be. Wouldnt be surprised if they pass on this for HBO(MAX) and leave it up to Amazon since they made a deal with them for animation.
I think it's safe to say if it's not DCU or Reevesverse, it's going to be on Prime.

Of all the things it goes back to Lana. Ugh I swear the producers try their best to make Lana more central than she is meant to be.

Yes she's Clark's first love and high school sweetheart but that should have ended. Heck Clark should have left smallville in Season 5. But that I digress

Yeah definitely make Lana and Chloe more well-rounded and fleshed out.

One of their best episodes yet on Talkville! Bringing Jeph Loeb on the show was great!

Just literally started my season 3 rewatch and I remember that season 3 was very Luthor centric with Lionel basically being the big bad of the season and the writers exploring Lex’s and Lionel past. Still one of my favorite seasons from the series and I am looking forward to getting to that brilliant season 3 finale which was “chef’s kiss“.

Just literally started my season 3 rewatch and I remember that season 3 was very Luthor centric with Lionel basically being the big bad of the season and the writers exploring Lex’s and Lionel past. Still one of my favorite seasons from the series and I am looking forward to getting to that brilliant season 3 finale which was “chef’s kiss“.
Awesome! Glad you’re enjoying your rewatch. Id love to watch Smallville again from scratch but realistically given the number of episodes and seasons, it ain’t happening. :csad:

Can’t believe 20 years has passed since then. Life is going super fast. :csad:

Seems like as soon as you get in your 20s, it really just speeds by. I grew up watching Smallville, so seeing how much time has passed since this series aired really makes me feel old.

tried re-watching some season 2 episodes the other day, man it was so weird seeing how young they all looked back then (as someone who followed the show back when it original aired all the way through) I guess I got use to how they looked near the end of the show

but been listening to the rewatch pod, so wanted to try to start following along and actually watching the episodes before listen each week

I mean the show (certainly in the early seasons is a bite dated, now) but, it still holds up

tried re-watching some season 2 episodes the other day, man it was so weird seeing how young they all looked back then (as someone who followed the show back when it original aired all the way through) I guess I got use to how they looked near the end of the show

but been listening to the rewatch pod, so wanted to try to start following along and actually watching the episodes before listen each week

I mean the show (certainly in the early seasons is a bite dated, now) but, it still holds up

I love their podcast. I love how brutally honest they can be with some of the episodes too haha. Makes it mean a little more when they really love an episode.

RIP Julian Sand who played a great version of Jor-El in Smallville. He will be missed greatly.

27ksl0sunc671.jpg

Been re-reading some of smallville season 11 comic series and it got me wondering, what ever happened to the Smallville animated series continuation that Rosembaum and Welling kept teasing? For a while last year it seemed like it was a sure thing and now, nothing. If that's the case then it's too bad because season 11 shows that there is a lot of untapped potential with this iteration of the character.

Well, she probably ain't getting invited to any Smallville reunions or conventions anytime soon, if at all.

27ksl0sunc671.jpg

Been re-reading some of smallville season 11 comic series and it got me wondering, what ever happened to the Smallville animated series continuation that Rosembaum and Welling kept teasing? For a while last year it seemed like it was a sure thing and now, nothing. If that's the case then it's too bad because season 11 shows that there is a lot of untapped potential with this iteration of the character.

Likely no interest in it from WB. With all the changes bts, lost in the shuffle.

Likely no interest in it from WB. With all the changes bts, lost in the shuffle.

That would be odd considering that it's mostly Amazon now who are handling the DCU in animation, I would imagine an animated show about Superman with an already built in mature/older fan base would appeal to the service that made such a killing on an adult superhero show like Invincible.
If I was on twitter I would've tried to ask Rosembaum about any updates but alas.....

That would be odd considering that it's mostly Amazon now who are handling the DCU in animation, I would imagine an animated show about Superman with an already built in mature/older fan base would appeal to the service that made such a killing on an adult superhero show like Invincible.
If I was on twitter I would've tried to ask Rosembaum about any updates but alas.....

We don't know what characters Amazon will have access to. WB didn't give them all the rights to everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"