• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Too Human Hype Thread

So... With a metascore of 66%, is it fair to say I called this one?

I know a lot of people who have told me "I wish I'd listened to the scores." Some people will be able to like the game, but it's not "Phantasy Star Online" for a new generation as was promised.

In today's declining global economy, I can't afford to ignore reviews when it could mean I end up with a crappy game that I don't like. If I'm really that desperate to find out if I like a game and the reviews are mixed, I borrow it from a friend or rent it, and then make my decision accordingly. The last time I said "screw the critics, I want to like this game so I'm buying it anyway" was with Spider-Man 3, and that was a horrible mistake. I ended up trading it in a month later, and the experience was so sobering that it actually got me to cancel my pre-order for Lair, which at the time was recieving very negative previews. I learned a valuable lesson that day, which was not to pre-order anything that has a strong chance to be a misfire.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people who have told me "I wish I'd listened to the scores." Some people will be able to like the game, but it's not "Phantasy Star Online" for a new generation as was promised.

It feels a lot like PSO to me, but with a much better story lol

Most of the reviews I've read have stated that the story is very weakly implemented, and that the distribution of loot is not well balanced. Also, I'd like to add that I find it inexcusable that this game only allows for 2 players in co-op mode, and that co-op is not availible offline. Phantasy Star Online had 4 player co-op availible both online and off many years ago, so how they managed to botch that up in Too Human is beyond me. For a game that took 10 years to make, I really have to scratch my head as to how they could release a game that's getting blasted so hard for feeling incomplete and underdeveloped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"