The Top 10 Movies of the Last 10 Years with No Oscar Nominations

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
THE TOP 10 MOVIES OF THE LAST
10 YEARS (1998-2008) WITH NO
OSCAR NOMINATIONS:

10. The Devil & Daniel Johnston (2005)
The one and only documentary to make the list. It chronicles the life of Daniel Johnston, a manic-depressive, low IQ, schizophrenic, independent musical genius who gained his fame in Austin, Texas in the early 1990s. He gained popularity via a 1990 South By Southwest (music festival) performance. His T-Shirts have been worn by Kurt Cobain and other celebrities.

9. Best In Show (2000)
The one and only mockumentary to make the list. Christopher Guest's (Spinal Tap, Waiting For Guffman) best film. It follows the lives of obsessive dog owners on their trip to the Mayflower Kennel Club Dog Show. Hilarity ensues.

8. The Boondock Saints (1999)
A very impressive movie. In the same vein as The Departed, the film is set in Boston and revolveds around two brothers who claim that God has sent them to rid the Boston streets of crime. This is one of, if not the best, roles of Wilem Dafoe's career.

7. Chasing Amy (1997)
Yes, this movie came out in 1997. Which, by my math, would be 11 years ago. But I don't care, pretend like it was 10. The best movie from actor/director Kevin Smith (a.k.a. Silent Bob). I refer to this as Ben Affleck's "other good movie" (Good Will Hunting being his best).

6. American Psycho (2000)
A hit or miss for a lot of people. This movie has some of the best musical references in cinematic history. Christian Bale's character, serial killer Patrick Bateman, kills his victims while listening to and doing a monologue about Phil Collins and Huey Lewis and The News. Such a damn good movie.

5. Rushmore (1998)
The best Wes Anderson (Life Aquatic, Royal Tenenbaums) film. Billy Murray. Jason Schwartzman. They become friends. Good music, great acting, etc.

4. Donnie Darko (2001)
When I first watched this movie, I subsequently watched it again 5 times in the following week. It's thrilling, funny, dramatic, dark, deep and has a crazy ass plot. Jake Gyllenhaal's best performance of his career.

3. Zodiac (2007)
Underrated. Underappreciated. An insult to everyone involved with this film that it was not nominated for ANYTHING. Everything about this movie was good. The atmosphere, the acting, the score, the script, the screenplay. Go Go GO watch this movie. Please.

2. Kill Bill (Vol. 1 & 2) (2003,2004)
Quentin...what can I say? These movies are very unique and are in a category by themselves. It is split into two volumes released a year a part. Both volumes are polar opposites and great great films.

1. The Big Lebowski (1998)
One of the funniest movies of all time, if not the funniest. Jeff Bridges as "the dude" and John Goodman as Walter Sobchak. Two of the best characters of all time. Oh...and NOBODY ****S WITH THE JESUS
http://www.thatssofetch.com/2008/07/top-10-movies-of-last-10-years-with-no.html
I agree 100% with Zodiac....one of the best Crime Drama/Thriller's I have ever seen.

agreed, Zodiac was amazing

Agree with everyone else on Zodiac,If only the film was released later in that year.

Zodiac, I'm really surprised not even a nomination, but hey the Academy sucks.

As much as I love Boondocks Saints, I can't imagine it being Oscar-worthy. it's hardly groundbreaking, riveting cinema. And the only thing it has in common with The Departed is that it takes place in Boston.

I'll agree with those. But I could have sworn Kill Bill Vol. 2 was nominated for something. Maybe I'm thinking of the Golden Globes.

.....and yet the Academy has no shame in giving a nomination to Norbit! :cmad: although, i got to admit, the makeup work in that movie is amazing.:o

LoL, American Psycho, was extremely good.

As much as I love Boondocks Saints, I can't imagine it being Oscar-worthy. it's hardly groundbreaking, riveting cinema. And the only thing it has in common with The Departed is that it takes place in Boston.

willem0rr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"