Blade The Villains Thread

Reaction score
Who do you want to see? Dracula? Deacon Frost or someone we haven't before in live action?

Not Dracula. He just seems too much like they're running out of Marvel villains and have to now pull from the pool of classic monsters from Universal or Hammer.

While Tomb of Dracula was a comic in the 70s, I think the general public would just think they're having some kind of Marvel/ Dracula crossover. I would prefer to avoid that.

I don't mind a character similar to Dracula, but not the Count himself.

Varnae is an option, though he really should be a later-movie-villain. Or really, a Midnight Sons occult hero team up villain.

Deacon Frost and Dracula are his central foes in the comics but he has faced other Vampire villains such as

Draconis the 'Holy Vampire'. A vampire Priest who was immune to most vampire weaknesses like sunlight, holy water, ect. He also drank the blodd of other Vampires which made him stronger than normal vampires for some reason.

Baron Blood
(mostly a Union Jack and Captain America foe)

Blackout arch enemy of Ketch Ghost Rider with vampire like appearance/weaknesses.

Postmortem A cyborg scientist who worked for Dracula developing the next generation of vampires via scientific methods such as nanites.

Shadow Colonel Dracula's upstart son.

Varnae vampire lord and predecessor of Dracula

Steppin Razor Yardie Vampire and LA based crime lord

Not Dracula. He just seems too much like they're running out of Marvel villains and have to now pull from the pool of classic monsters from Universal or Hammer.

While Tomb of Dracula was a comic in the 70s, I think the general public would just think they're having some kind of Marvel/ Dracula crossover. I would prefer to avoid that.

I don't mind a character similar to Dracula, but not the Count himself.
If they adapt Dracula accurately to his contemporary portrayal in the comics, no one is going to see him as some sort of generic villain. Give him his red armor and get the right actor and you're golden.

source.gif

Stephen Dillane as Dracula

With Jolie and Tony freakin’ Leung as part of the MCU now, I think we can dare to dream a little bigger for Dracula, if he’s in the movie at all.

Viggo Mortensen? Javier Bardem? Vincent Cassel?

Varnae, Deacon Frost, and Dracula are the likely main villains.

If we see Varnae we might get a flashback of Kull the Conqueror attempting to kill him (which led to Varnae becoming the first vampire).

Chthon maybe manipulating in the background, but he's only really personally interested in Scarlet Witch. If he shows up, it can onky really be in WandaVision.

I'd hope they steer clear of Dracula or anyone Dracula themed. Just runs the risk of being camp imo. Maybe it's the association with other adaptations of the character as well, but even in the comics I feel like he stands out of place.

I wonder if Ethan Hawke will be a part of this (because he‘s in MoonKnight).
I mistook him in my youth often for Stephen Dorff...

How about Antony Starr from The Boys and you cast him as Deacon Frost

As Dracula, I would go Luke Evans

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"