• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

"The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I was getting tired of the farm as a setting for the show (just the farm, cause Herschel is the man), I really like the series. I understand the criticism it gets, but I don't share it, just because it's extremely entertaining to watch. The characters are strong, and they are central to the story, not the walkers.
Is gonna be hard for me to imagine the show without Shane, it was one of -if not the- most interesting character.

I don't read the comics, but are there other powerful characters than may be introduced next season?

I was a bit bothered by the location where Rick and Shane have their final confrontation. I thought Shane was luring Rick far away from Hershel's place but it can't be, since it was close enough for Carl to wander over and find them. Besides that, 'twas a good episode. And it's great that T-Dog have a lot of lines on this episode, it's almost like he actually exists.

T Dog spoke, but he usually was used as a butler ("hey man, can you take this up there?", "hey T Dawg, handle me that gun, would ya?").

^ Lol T-Dog man just kill the man off already, put him and his useless character out of misery.

Poor Shane. I'll miss him, but he was crazy and it had to be done. I'm glad it was done by Rick though.

I'm fine with changes. Really doesn't need to be 100% like the comic... But if you're going to change it, why change it for the worse?

I can give the fact that Shane lived as long as he did a pass. Because it did improve the show, giving it a better build up. But the way he died, is SO important in the long run.

I also fear the series is falling into a formula, where each season will just be a different location where they hold up, then move on in the next season.

I personally enjoyed Rick killing Shane in the show much more then having Carl killed him. It gave a different edge to television Rick that we hadn't seen before. In fact, you could argue Shane give Rick more of a fair chance to fight back then Rick gave Shane. Rick knew from the moment Shane pulled the gun on him that he was going to kill Shane. But he emotionally manipulated Shane into a vulnerable position. It was very dark, very cunning, and made Rick much more interesting to me. I'd take that moment over Carl shooting Shane in a second.

Last edited:
Rick killing Shane was much more meaningful for me than had it been Carl.

This made me laugh.

AnzuFGSCQAAU35d.jpg

I was a bit bothered by the location where Rick and Shane have their final confrontation. I thought Shane was luring Rick far away from Hershel's place but it can't be, since it was close enough for Carl to wander over and find them. Besides that, 'twas a good episode. And it's great that T-Dog have a lot of lines on this episode, it's almost like he actually exists.

How about his Wil Smith, "Aw, Hell No!" line when Randall was missing...

Was there any foreshadowing/lead-up to Carl appearing at Rick and Shane's showdown? It seemed awfully convenient for him to be there.

He turns up at the worst times.

Anyone wondering...

How the heck they're going to get away from all of those walkers? There had to be at least 75 of them. I imagine they'll be held up in the house for a while.

The 2nd half of the season has been Darabont free and it's been much better. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Was there any foreshadowing/lead-up to Carl appearing at Rick and Shane's showdown? It seemed awfully convenient for him to be there.

When everyone but the four guys where in Hershel's house, Carl was seen looking out a window.

Well, he's been sneaking around the last two episodes and Rick and Shane were the only ones that knew it so they weren't around to keep an eye on him. If I remember right, Carl also mentioned hearing the gunshot.

EDIT: And the window thing Sawyer pointed out.

When everyone but the four guys where in Hershel's house, Carl was seen looking out a window.

Ah, I forgot about that. I'm glad there was some indication he would follow them.

Was brought up briefly on The Talking Dead, was Shane really ever going to go through with it, did he really just want Rick to kill him, he didn't want to live in a Lori-less world, one where he's lost almost all respect from his best friend Rick and basically just tired of it all. The way he was taunting Rick near the very end he seemed to be just begging for Rick to do him in. I'm not entirely sold on the angle, but thought it was an interesting take on the situation.

Was brought up briefly on The Talking Dead, was Shane really ever going to go through with it, did he really just want Rick to kill him, he didn't want to live in a Lori-less world, one where he's lost almost all respect from his best friend Rick and basically just tired of it all. The way he was taunting Rick near the very end he seemed to be just begging for Rick to do him in. I'm not entirely sold on the angle, but thought it was an interesting take on the situation.

Interesting take, but I believe Shane had just snapped at that point. He was very unhinged in this last episode. Twitching, slapping himself, nervous behavior etc.

Are there many saying the changes are for the worse though? I think most are liking these changes so far, or at least come to terms and accepting the reboot so to speak.

Also isn't that the formula of the comic book? Stay in one place til no longer safe then move on? There is a lot of story to tell at the prison, I could see that being their home for the season but should be two full seasons.

But in the comic book, they spend less time at these locations. How long did they spend at the farm in the comics? About half of Volume 2. They spent the whole season at the farm.

Thing is, the more things the change at the beginning, the more future plot threads they snip. More plot threads snipped, the more original content they'll have to come up with. Which has been the shows short coming, things like the CDC and the Gang stuff in Atlanta.

Content made for the show isn't bad, its just average. The stuff that is great is the stuff lifted from the pages.

But in the comic book, they spend less time at these locations. How long did they spend at the farm in the comics? About half of Volume 2. They spent the whole season at the farm.

But in the comic book nothing. As I've pointed out earlier, switching "locations" in a comic involves the artist drawing something else other than what he drew in previous panels. In the TV/movie world, changing locations actually involves...changing locations. Sets have to be made up, likely dozens, if not at least a hundred people have to coordinate.

Like I said, if you have "comic book issues," start a comic book thread in the comics forums. Don't bring that BS in here.

[YT]QJ8EIy9SGQw[/YT]
Zombie Shane's march over to Rick = :lmao:

Important announcement....

Do not post spoilers from the upcoming season finale of The Walking Dead until it airs on Sunday. This will be your only warning and I will ban anyone who does not comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"