'The White Lotus' (HBO)

Well! Tanya biting it is a bit surprising given how much of a fan-favorite she is and how she was the only character from Season 1 to return. Still, her slipping and hitting her head like that was very comical and felt like something out of a Coen Brothers movie.

Also, Alfie feeling obligated to help this random chick for $50,000 worth who he just met, who he'll never see again...he's the sort of 'nice guy' who acts like charity will win him a woman's good graces. Frankly, even though it wasn't his money, he had it coming to get swindled.

Well...

Since setting up “the gays” as the villains was so obvious and telegraphed (and also politically incorrect), I thought for sure it was a red herring. I.e., it would turn out that kooky Tanya was just being paranoid. I guess not. :cool:

Well! Tanya biting it is a bit surprising given how much of a fan-favorite she is and how she was the only character from Season 1 to return. Still, her slipping and hitting her head like that was very comical and felt like something out of a Coen Brothers movie.

Also, Alfie feeling obligated to help this random chick for $50,000 worth who he just met, who he'll never see again...he's the sort of 'nice guy' who acts like charity will win him a woman's good graces. Frankly, even though it wasn't his money, he had it coming to get swindled.
Greg came back... everyone keeps saying 'only' Tanya, you punks.

ImpossibleForkedIbizanhound-max-1mb.gif

That's absolutely fair! Greg was just as much a part of Season 1 as Tanya was and he did return.

Just...Tanya has such a larger and more noteworthy presence than he does. :D

The finale to the first one was shocking but this finale was not only shocking but I got the same feeling as I have in real life when I've been in an uncomfortable situation and had the urge to laugh my ass off even if the situation wasn't funny.
I was absolutely cackling at Tanya becoming an action hero and then I lost it again at her slipping and falling to her death.
Should I feel guilty for laughing? It was funny, right?

Anyway, I liked this season a lot, I just think it could have been trimmed down to six episodes like the first one. I'm interested to see what happens in the next season, who joins the cast and if anyone will return from seasons one or two.

Even though I wasn’t feeling the show early on, I’m glad I stuck with it.
Tanya dying was a shocker, and I guess it means her POS husband gets all her money? That sucks. Hopefully someone will kill him in season 3.

Alfie was such a tool in the end. I guess I can’t totally blame him for being duped by a woman as lovely as Lucia but I can’t imagine being such so rich and entitled that you just go up to your dad and demand $50,000. He deserved to get played.

Not sure how I feel about “the gays” all being cool with trying to murder an innocent person. Like, Tom Hollander’s character was obviously scheming to maintain his lavish lifestyle and had this longtime friendship (or maybe relationship?) with Greg. Okay, fine. But all his friends also being part of it just rubbed me the wrong way. The showrunner said something in an interview that, as a member of the queer community, that he wants to make being gay “transgressive” again. Like, dude, there is a full-scale attack being waged on the LGBTQ community every day from the right. We don’t need to feed into their bull**** stereotypes that we’re all a bunch of dangerous predators or something. I know that’s not what he was trying to do but this show has now had three main queer characters who have or at least attempted to have predatory relationships with other characters. At least one of them (Valentina) saw the error of her ways once she finally explored her sexuality with someone else and it loosened her up (and I really did love the way that story ended). But I do worry that how queer characters are portrayed in this show perpetuates dangerous stereotypes.

All that said, I still enjoyed this season overall. Even the storyline with Aubrey Plaza and Theo James got more intriguing towards the end with its ambiguity.

I’ve heard Connie Britton may return for season 3; presumably then, so might Steve Zahn and Sydney Sweeney. Guess we’ll see.

Shout out to my favorite 'gay' Matteo... he actually liked Tanya and didn't want to get his hands dirty about the whole situation.

Theo James is going to be in for a shock when Daphne squirts out a third kid who happens to have Asian features.

I dug this season. (Slightly) more likable characters than the first. But I better see Laura Dern in person next season, Goddammit.

Yeah, Tanya was literally the last character I thought was going to die. I actually never considered her because she came back from S01.

I really wanted Portia back, I thought she was really charismatic and thought she would return with Tanya in S03.

Glad I stuck with S2, I was about to quit as I figured it was more of the same from S1 and I couldn't understand why they bought back Coolidge's character back.

Interesting. Wonder if he’ll still be on their radar when it comes to casting S3.

First thing they need to do is cast Dolly de Leon (Triangle of Sorrow) as the manager

Nice to see Belinda back.

I’m guessing F. Murray Abraham won’t be returning, given the recent reports about his exit from Mythic Quest. Haven’t heard anything about his behavior on White Lotus but I’m guessing they’ll want to avoid any of that controversy.

Unfortunate, but I suppose it makes sense, as they mention, given the strikes.

I'd have thought that maybe there was a chance we might see White Lotus S3 at the end of 2024 but with the strike not officially over yet and the cast probably not even locked in it's a bit of a tall order even if they rushed production.

At least House of the Dragon is back next year as far as HBO is concerned.

wait what? they havent even started casting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"