The "Who Would You Cast Instead" Thread

EssayM

Just A Guy
Reaction score
This should be interesting. Excluding dummy answers like "Literally anyone else!!", if you had to cast a teenage FF (we might as well make it fair), who would you have chosen instead of the current cast?

Personally, while I'm okay with Mara and Bell in their respective roles, I would like to see Donald Glover instead of MBJ for the Torch (if we're casting black, Glover is much better at comedy) and...I'll have to think about my choice for Reed, but I'm sure there are much better ones than Miles Teller.

Reed Richards - Tom Hanks
Susan Richards - Elizabeth Banks
Benjamin Grimm - Bruce Willis
Johnny Storm - Justin Timberlake

Reed Richards - Tom Hanks
Susan Richards - Elizabeth Banks
Benjamin Grimm - Bruce Willis
Johnny Storm - Justin Timberlake

I said teenage FF. If Trank has to deal with it, we should too.

I wouldn't cast a Teenage FF film.It's absurd to have space explorers who are teenagers.

I'm sure that you can come up with an adequate list from the Disney Channel kid factory.

You shouldn't make it just Teenage FF. If would be more fair if people provided a re-cast of both Teenage and Classic FF.

Yeah Teenage FF is pretty hard to cast because in most incarnations they're older.

If I had too though...

Reed Richards - Josh Hutcherson
The Thing - Michael Pitt
The Invisible Woman - Nicole Beharie
The Human Torch - MBJ

I'm a rebel -

Mr. Fantastic - Kyle Chandler
Invisible Woman - Sarah Paulson
The Thing - Louis C.K.
The Human Torch - Mike Vogel
Doctor Doom - Werner Herzog (voice)

Sarah Paulson is very underrated so it's nice to see her on someone's cast.

I wouldn't cast a Teenage FF film.It's absurd to have space explorers who are teenagers.

it's absurd to have civilians be space explorers. so i guess Johnny Storm and Sue wouldn't be part of your FF.

I just remembered that Jack O'Connell (Calisto from 300: Rise of an Empire) was one of the guys rumored for Reed Richards before Teller got the role. So my official fancast, if I had to go with teenagers, would be:

Jack O'Connell as Reed Richards

oconnell_article.jpg

Jena Malone as Sue Storm

2013-2-jena-malone-400.jpg

Donald Glover as Johnny Storm (Trank started it, and Glover would be a much better choice IMO):

images

And Christian Cooke (Magic City) as Ben Grimm:

christian-cooke-magic-city.jpg

Last edited:
it's absurd to have civilians be space explorers. so i guess Johnny Storm and Sue wouldn't be part of your FF.

I thought someone was going to say "Johnny is a teenager!" but you went the civilian route.Well played.:word:

Okay, fine, cast older if you want. I just thought casting younger would be more of a challenge.

Louis C.K. as The Thing would be brilliant. BRILLIANT!!!

Binge watched Chuck over the holidays and kept picturing Levi, Strahovski and Baldwin as the FF with some random blond kid as Johnny.

Louie C.K as The Thing is inspired. :lips:

My Older Cast:
Reed Richards - Ewan McGregor
Invisible Woman - Rachel McAdams
The Thing - Karl Urban
Human Torch - Max Thieriot
Dr. Doom - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Last edited:
Classic FF

Reed-Jon Hamm
Ben-Kiefer Sutherland
Sue-Charlize Theron