The Witcher 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really blows and yet, is kind of cool. Hopefully it's not locked on him. I have the Toro and gloves.. Need to trousers and boots.. Plus all the horse armor.

So....it turns out the vendor is dead in my game...he was killed by a drowner attack. Anyone know if the dlc armor is locked to him, or if it's available at other vendors?

:funny:

About framerate issues and such, the biggest issues Ive noticed so far is some ugly ass pop in. Its atrocious at times. I can go in a house and stand and watch as tables, fruits, baskets etc just randomly pop into existence. I can turn and turn back around and the stuff does it all over again. At the beginning when Geralt is in his upper tower room with Yennefer I walked onto the balcony and looked out at the mountains and valley and the distant shadows that I suppose are meant to be shadows caused by the clouds kept popping in and out of existence. It made the mountains look like they were strobbing.

And one other curious thing, the opening cinematic of Yennefer caught in the battle had a stutter effect that made it look like frames were missing.

I can reduce the pop-in effect with a faster HDD but Im not sure I want to drop cash on a faster HDD just to improve performance of this game.

Not sure if Pat has said anything since I know e has it on X1 as well.. But the game looks perfect. I've also had zero issues with anything frame rate, pop in or whatever else.

Not sure if Pat has said anything since I know e has it on X1 as well.. But the game looks perfect. I've also had zero issues with anything frame rate, pop in or whatever else.

Maybe I had a bad install. Ill try reinstalling it.

kq9qdCV.jpg

Someone on the CDPR forums said they saw this card while playing Gwent.

I doubt you have to restart. Are you still in the opening area? They may not be available until you get to the bigger cities rather than the small villages.

Nope I am in Velen, still can't seem to see how to get these.

Never mind.. The vendor you save at the beginning has them. And they're 400 gold each.

:huh: 400 gold each I have been looting for hours and barely just have 500 gold. I am guessing things will improve in regards to gold the further you get in the game.

OK, so I'm at the part where I'm at the castle after meeting the Emperor. So should I go to Velen first to follow leads on Ciri or should I go to Novigrad to see Tris?

Does it really matter? Any suggestions on the consequences of which city I go to first?

I decided to bow to the Emperor. Wonder what would've happened if I didn't.

So far, I decided that I want Geralt to be tough but compassionate. I refused to take money from a family I destroyed a ghost at the well for. However, I did take the money for killing Griffin even though it was for the a-hole Nilfgaardian captain because I did kill that griffin and I deserved that money. And there's no way I'm walking away empty handed after killing the griffin even though the whole mess is the fault of the Nilfgaardians by ticking it off.

Basically, the game seems to be telling you to want you to ultimately rebel against the Nilfgaardians because they are all oppressive, fascist a-holes who are abusing Temeria.

As much as I like the game, I don't like the crafting system. IMHO it's far too complex. There are items you want to make and have plans for and it seems next to impossible to make them. The game encourages you to loot for everything, but if you carry too much weight, it slows you down. But if you don't loot everything you don't get all the materials you need to make the items you need.

Plus it seems I run out of money so quickly trying to upkeep my weapons or dismantling items to get certain things I need to make other items.

Last edited:
Witcher 3 is Not Loading for Some Console Players

The excitement over the launch of the witcher 3: Wild hunt is boiling over into frustration for some gamers who can't seem to get the game to load.

According to threads on reddit, gamefaqs, and twitter, some claim the game just hangs in a loading screen after the opening cutscene on the playstation 4 and xbox one.

Witcher 3 just hanging on the loading screen. Anyone else having this problem? Ps4 btw.
— duncan heaney (@ace_mcdunk) may 19, 2015

There are several suggestions for a workaround. Some had success with uninstalling the game, then reinstalling offline, playing through the opening cutscene, then going online to install the day-one patch. Others had success with simply unplugging the console, and then plugging it back in and restarting.

We've reached out to wb games and cd projekt red for comment, and will update this story should we hear more.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/19/witcher-3-not-loading-for-some-players

This has happened to some console players over on Blu-ray.com as well. One of them even uninstalled, purged, and reinstalled everything 8 times and it won't move past the load screen.

And someone over there had all of his save files including his back-up saves corrupted somehow.

Last edited:
Yea this happens to me. At the load screen it just sits at "please wait".
I hear sometimes it will eventually load up after like 30 minutess and such.
Right now the work around is to completely power off the Xbox (I unplug the power).

I fixed it it this morning but I expect it to be back tonight. I read this is cause by the xbox going into a long standby time so when you start it back up the game is buggered again.

This morning I saved the game, exited to the dashboard then actually quit the game. So I will see tonight when I start it back up.

so, I have to echo the sentiment that I think some of the text is too small, making it hard to read.

hopefully, that's something they can fix in a patch soon.

other than that, I'm enjoying my 1st foray into the Witcher world.

played past the tutorial section and got to the 1st town. liking what I see so far.

Last edited:
also, is it likely Ciri will be the protag of the next Witcher game ( or series of games )?

is that what they are setting up for?

I have, liked it a lot.
I plan to go back and finish it before I play 3 as I'm definitely into the story and characters.

Got my 1000g achievements score on Monday night, after finishing the game on Dark Mode.

Loved the Witcher 2.
Excellent! How hard was it on Dark mode? Actually the miscellaneous achievements made me stop playing for a bit to plan so I didn't miss them and then I got caught up in other games.

also, is it likely Ciri will be the protag of the next Witcher game ( or series of games )?

is that what they are setting up for?

Could be. The world is huge. They can do a lot of things going forward. Whatever they do though, it's gonna be a long wait. They'll focus on their cyberpunk game after this.

Could be. The world is huge. They can do a lot of things going forward. Whatever they do though, it's gonna be a long wait. They'll focus on their cyberpunk game after this.

ah, ok.

Is the cyberpunk game going to be an action RPG, too?

I think these guys will be many people's favourite developers soon. While Bioware and Bungie have slip ups, Bethesda fail on PS3 and Rockstar (and Bungie again) more towards heavy monetisation, CD Project Red are talking about wanting to do DLC for free, making each platform's version as good as it can be (rather than gimping one) and delivering on their fan's high expectations, which has been rare so far this gen.

I think these guys will be many people's favourite developers soon. While Bioware and Bungie have slip ups, Bethesda fail on PS3 and Rockstar (and Bungie again) more towards heavy monetisation, CD Project Red are talking about wanting to do DLC for free, making each platform's version as good as it can be (rather than gimping one) and delivering on their fan's high expectations, which has been rare so far this gen.

yep.

they even included a thank you card with the game.

The Witcher 3 Dev on Accusations of Graphical Downgrades

When asked about why the graphics changed, iwinski went on to explain how versions of the title shown at tradeshows and in gameplay demos aren't the finished product. Commonly referred to as a "vertical slice", these snippets of gameplay are able to run at a very high fidelity simply because that's what they're designed to do. Once the rest of the game is added around this, however, and the systems have to contend with an entire open-world to keep running, it becomes much harder to do. While some people may argue the game looked better in 2013, in terms of scale and frames-per-second it's the finished product that's the winner.

Iwinski also stressed the team didn't set out to mislead anyone, and the nature of game development meant at the time they had no idea of the technical limitations they'd encounter.

"Maybe we shouldn't have shown that [trailer], i don't know, but we didn't know that it wasn't going to work, so it's not a lie or a bad will - that's why we didn't comment actively. We don't agree there is a downgrade but it's our opinion, and gamers' feeling can be different. If they made their purchasing decision based on the 2013 materials, i'm deeply sorry for that, and we are discussing how we can make it up to them because that's not fair."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/21/the-witcher-3-dev-on-accusations-of-graphical-downgrades

Haha, not quite how the devs from Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem responded!

Also for a game not supposed to have any loading screens, I get a lot of load screens.

I should have figured the game would not look as good as the trailers. It will probably be the same with Arkham Knight. There is no way the graphics can be as intense and high quality as the visuals from the trailer.

CD Projekt Red basically admitted they juice up the visuals and graphics for the trailers but can't maintain those graphics for an entire game.

Last edited:
I plan to go back and finish it before I play 3 as I'm definitely into the story and characters.

Excellent! How hard was it on Dark mode? Actually the miscellaneous achievements made me stop playing for a bit to plan so I didn't miss them and then I got caught up in other games.

Dark Mode didn't feel that difficult, actually. I was kinda surprised at how well I did on that difficulty. But, I had played on Normal on my first two times, and then on Hard before starting my Dark Mode playthrough. I maxed out Quen, including maxing out my Vigor, and getting the ability to have it damage enemies once Quen drops. I also maxed out my Bomb damage, and didn't touch knife throwing at all. And I used the cursed outfits and swords, too, which were expensive as all hell but fun to use and felt effective. And I just kept moving, rolling around, trying to get backstabs on enemies, and keeping Quen up as long and often as I could.

so, I have to echo the sentiment that I think some of the text is too small, making it hard to read.

hopefully, that's something they can fix in a patch soon.

other than that, I'm enjoying my 1st foray into the Witcher world.

played past the tutorial section and got to the 1st town. liking what I see so far.

It appears they're working on it. It will not be addressed with the next patch (1.02, it's already gone live on PC), but it could get addressed with the patch after (1.03), maybe.

http://kotaku.com/cd-projekt-red-is-looking-into-fixing-the-witcher-3-s-t-1706010934

Haha, not quite how the devs from Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem responded!

I hear what you're saying...but weren't those different cases?

My understanding, and I'm not a PC gamer so it might be limited, is that The Witcher 3 did actually look like it did in the trailers and ran, but was optimized so it could run the whole thing.

Colonial Marines never ran like it did in that trailer. That gameplay never existed. The trailer was, effectively, a CG trailer basically that was made to look like gameplay.

The Colonail Marines case seemed like it was expicitly made to trick people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"