A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

The Reigns McIntyre bout was great. Feels like they are prepping this up to be one of the landmark feuds in future.

Sigh...what's the point of having the Hurt Business lose 2 championship matches within one week to the New Day? Seriously, what are they doing?

Lana "basking in the glory" of her win is hilariously stupid.

So they are calling him "Riddle" now? LMAO

Sigh...what's the point of having the Hurt Business lose 2 championship matches within one week to the New Day? Seriously, what are they doing?

Lana "basking in the glory" of her win is hilariously stupid.

So they are calling him "Riddle" now? LMAO

Yeah the Riddle change was a few weeks ago. WOR speculated it was because of the sexual assault lawsuit against him.

For years all I heard about Roman Reigns turning heel BUT MUH MERCHANDISE! MERCHANDISE SALES WILL HURT!

How are those sales doing now that he's a heel?

Heel Roman is more interesting. It shows that sometimes you do need a change of character.

I do wonder, though, when Lesnar inevitably returns (y'know it's going to happen), would Lesnar return as the face or would Heyman betray Roman to go back with heel Lesnar and thus turn Roman face again?

Heel Roman is more interesting. It shows that sometimes you do need a change of character.

I do wonder, though, when Lesnar inevitably returns (y'know it's going to happen), would Lesnar return as the face or would Heyman betray Roman to go back with heel Lesnar and thus turn Roman face again?

Can Lesnar just...not...come back? That would make me happy.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm happy Lesnar is out of the picture right now. When all of your matches are utterly predictable because you literally use only 1 or 2 moves (your signature and finisher), and your opponent has to dumb down to using only his signature and/or finisher, then it is high time to hang it up and call it a day. Same with Goldberg. Both are past their primes and should just stay away.

However, you know Vince. And Lesnar is too big of a name for Vince to just "let go." At some point, I expect Lesnar to return. Whether or not he challenges Drew to reclaim his title, or realigns himself with Heyman to go after Reigns, I'm not sure.

It would actually be somewhat refreshing if Lesnar returned as a face to take on heel Reigns + Heyman. Or heel Reigns gets too cocky and arrogant and "fires" Heyman. Which causes Heyman to bring back Lesnar to get revenge on Reigns.

Frankly, I don't see how Lesnar can operate independently without Heyman. So, if/when Lesnar does come back, I expect him to be involved with Heyman in some way.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm happy Lesnar is out of the picture right now. When all of your matches are utterly predictable because you literally use only 1 or 2 moves (your signature and finisher), and your opponent has to dumb down to using only his signature and/or finisher, then it is high time to hang it up and call it a day. Same with Goldberg. Both are past their primes and should just stay away.

However, you know Vince. And Lesnar is too big of a name for Vince to just "let go." At some point, I expect Lesnar to return. Whether or not he challenges Drew to reclaim his title, or realigns himself with Heyman to go after Reigns, I'm not sure.

It would actually be somewhat refreshing if Lesnar returned as a face to take on heel Reigns + Heyman. Or heel Reigns gets too cocky and arrogant and "fires" Heyman. Which causes Heyman to bring back Lesnar to get revenge on Reigns.

Frankly, I don't see how Lesnar can operate independently without Heyman. So, if/when Lesnar does come back, I expect him to be involved with Heyman in some way.

At this point, you've exhausted all of Lesnar's biggest potential matchups and feuds. What's left for him there to do?

Lesnar vs. Triple H - done multiple times
Lesner vs. Undertaker - done many many times
Lesnar vs. AJ Styles - done
Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan - done
Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins - done multiple times
Lesnar vs. John Cena - done multiple times
Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - done to death
Lesnar vs. CM Punk - done
Lesnar vs. Goldberg - *vomits*
Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre - done
Lesnar vs. Randy Orton - done
Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe - done
Lesnar vs. Finn Balor - done

I think the one guy left he hasn't really feuded with is Fiend/Bray Wyatt, and I wouldn't expect much out of that. The bloom is off the rose for Shinsuke Nakamura. Unless he gets some major league repairs done, he's not sniffing the main event again.

It was awesome to see Su Yung and Susie Yung co-exist against Deonna Purrazzo and Kimber Lee.

Lots of new Knockouts debuted such as Sea Stars, Jazz, Killer Kelly, and Renee Michelle.

Erhan Page was defeated by a midget named AJ Swoggle.

Wrestling fans are in for a disappointment when Andrew Yang doesn't become Labor Secretary so that he can put the screws on WWE.

Everyone is going to pretend they like Bob Ryder now.

Still, wish death or loss on nobody.

Kevin Owens breaking the fourth wall is always fun and Regal's Playa line was great.

I find Finn Balor's promos funny. He delivers promos like a Irish paramilitary but the actual content sounds like someone threatening people with nursery rhymes.

Toni Storm turns heel. It feels like almost every woman turns heel in NXT eventually.

Zack Gibson is back to steal titles and car stereos.
Turns out the audience was right all along and once again Vince was too stubborn to listen.

Last edited:
I wasn't surprised at the outfit Kevin Owens was wearing: one of his t-shirts, an actual tie and suit jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"