Sequels The X-Men/Fantastic 4 Crossover Official Thread

I just thought of something totally random...

What if the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at the end of DOFP are the Fantastic Four? Apocalypse is using them for his bidding, setting up an "X-Men vs. Fantastic Four" battle while Apocalypse watches from behind the scenes. When the heroes realize who the common enemy is, it sets up "X-Men/Fantastic 4 vs. Apocalypse"...

Even if we assume that FOX can merge their two separate licensing Marvel licensing agreements without approval from the Mouse, Donner and Singer are much too sharp to associate their franchise with the FFINO train wreck.

I want to see the crossover happen. But the Fantastic 4 as the 4 horsemen? I don't know about that.

When Psylocke, Angel, Rogue, Gambit, Cyclops, Storm, Emma Frost, Colossus, Kitty, Iceman, Jubilee, Polaris, Mr Sinister, Sunfire, Scarlet Witch, Cable, Domino, Dazzler, X-23, Magik etc all get their due in development then it's time to consider throwing in 4 other leads to an already over crowded franchise where people want characters given screen time. Not less.

Why won't this die?

Studios think that connected universes = $$$$$$, irregardless of whether the crossovers make any sense, are desired by the fan base, or the appropriate steps have been taken to establish it.

latest from sony's hacked emails says Simon Kinberg is working on plans for big X-Men/FF crossover film and sony talked about emaulting fox's plans.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-spidey-cameo-in-capt-3.html?via=twitter_page

It's one of several things here.

WOW! These Sony leaks are just unbelievable :wow: but at the same the information that gets out there are quite juicy.

So Simon Kinberg planning the cross-over IS indeed real. Even the Sony execs know about it. Whether it happens or not, its already under consideration.

I'll have to wait and see what FF is like first before I start to severely doubt the crossover idea, but from what I've seen and heard so far, I'm not digging any of it.

The X-Men have plenty of stories to tell and characters of their own to develop without cramming in another four heroes just for the sake of Fox's attempt to ''build a universe''.

I do think its more than to build a universe but also a business strategy, if its successful, that would elevate Fantastic Four's popularity and that would mean bigger box-office earning for Fox. Their films after the cross-over would get the "X-Men boost".

I'd wait until a FF sequel was made, just to see if they can hold their own.

Considering the quality of the X-Men movies so far (excluding a few), I'm worried that they're just trying to shoehorn these characters in right now to get momentum.

Well we are getting 2 Fantastic Four films from 2015 to 2017 if Fox's current release dates hold.

First off this depends how the FF turns out.

Fox is planning 2 FF films before crossing X-Men and FF together.

If the FF film Is indeed In present day that says the plan Is to cross the FF with members of OT cast Inless it's time travel story

I can definitely see this FF team fitting in with the X-Men. Can't wait for the Untitled Fox Marvel Project to be announced officially.

Magneto vs Doom!!

i think it will be the fantastic 4 going to the X-Men universe, i don't think they are in the same universe at all

kinberg says it possible but also makes it known there is no evidence in the film to suggest they are in the same universe so anything they put together to make it work will have to be alot later when they start plans for it

It was just one trailer, will judge after full movie.

They said it's in present time with X-Men, wonder if they mean 2015 or 2023.
If this F4 movie is good at least as FC, I would love to see crossover with present X-Men.

It just makes to much sense. Reed n Beast convos would be gold. Wolverine playing poker with Ben.

Skrulls Shiar Vulcan it could be so epic

Theis consultant Mark Millar said that, then soon after, Kinberg contradicted that, considering how X-Men's world is like right now, it would be weird for mutants to not be referenced at all in the film or some of them not being part of the scientific team. The idea of both franchises being set in different universes sounds a bit more possible.

Man I would love to see the current Fantastic Four cast work with the X-Men's original cast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"