Sequels The X-Men/Fantastic 4 Crossover Official Thread

^ Right, 2023. I agree, if they do this it should be in the "present". My hope, and expectation, is that the Fantastic Four Fiasco (I am so dreading this movie) will take place in the present, meaning 2015. If they stick with that concept, which is what I believe Marvel has been doing, with amazing results, then 3 years later if they make this cross-over (which they'll need to in order to save the FF franchise) then it would be 2018.

Yes, that's before Wolverine "wakes up", but once again I'm not sure how much Wolverine we should be wanting in a cross-over movie. Would anyone argue that Wolverine has been over-used in these movie-verses? And a FF/X-Men cross-over would be, or at least should be more about the FF than the X-Men. Really, the idea would be to go with a story that let's you put some of the (younger actors/actresses) X-Men in a movie with the younger FF, in order to spark the rating. Yes, Wolverine always look kick arse on the poster, but at what point does it get tired?

Personally I would much rather see Kitty, Rogue (with true powers of strength, invulnerability and flight), Peter and Bobby. Actually, I wonder if there is a story that they could go with where Rogue actually gets her super strength, invulnerability and flight in the cross-over? Is there a villain that has these abilities that they could have her go against and (for whatever reason) absorb (permanently) the powers? Hmm...

Yes, that's before Wolverine "wakes up", but once again I'm not sure how much Wolverine we should be wanting in a cross-over movie. Would anyone argue that Wolverine has been over-used in these movie-verses? And a FF/X-Men cross-over would be, or at least should be more about the FF than the X-Men. Really, the idea would be to go with a story that let's you put some of the (younger actors/actresses) X-Men in a movie with the younger FF, in order to spark the rating. Yes, Wolverine always look kick arse on the poster, but at what point does it get tired?
that's why I thought it would be interesting to see a new version of the character

I am not saying he should be the star, but a cameo that shows off a different take on him, to see how he turned out in the new time line, (before waking up) would be cool

Would anyone argue that Wolverine has been over-used in these movie-verses?

apparently Fox and co. dont see it that way:

2013: Wolverine in The Wolverine
2014: Wolverine in Dofp
2016: Wolverine in Apocalypse
2017: Wolverine in Wolverine 3

basically, the only year without Wolverine appearing in a movie is 2015. My reaction?......... Wow, Fox. Just wow

Well Fox knows he's a big money shot and you know they are in the business. They are milking him.

Yeah, the Wolverine mania is just with Fox .
We don't see that with Marvel in comicsbook ......... :woot:
IMO, the problems with Wolverine were X3 (Cyclop :csad:) and Wolverine Origins (he was just horrible) .

Last edited:
apparently Fox and co. dont see it that way:

2013: Wolverine in The Wolverine
2014: Wolverine in Dofp
2016: Wolverine in Apocalypse
2017: Wolverine in Wolverine 3

basically, the only year without Wolverine appearing in a movie is 2015. My reaction?......... Wow, Fox. Just wow

They go with what people like.

For example...

2011: Captain America in TFA
2012: Captain America in Avengers
2013: Captain America in Thor 2
2014: Captain America in TWS
2015: Captain America Avengers AOUINO
2016: Captain America in Civil War-INO

basically, since his debut there hasn't been a year without Cap appearing in a movie. My reaction?......... Wow, Marvel. Just wow

:funny:

I know there's been some rumor and speculation which I haven't been paying attention to, but I don't really see the need for a crossover. At the moment, I feel Fantastic Four needs X-Men more than X-Men needs Fantastic Four. I'd say wait and see how the films go.

They go with what people like.

For example...

2011: Captain America in TFA
2012: Captain America in Avengers
2013: Captain America in Thor 2
2014: Captain America in TWS
2015: Captain America Avengers AOUINO
2016: Captain America in Civil War-INO

basically, since his debut there hasn't been a year without Cap appearing in a movie. My reaction?......... Wow, Marvel. Just wow

:funny:

the difference is that Marvel just started Cap trilogy recently, while Wolverine has been appearing since year 2000! so.... 14 years putting him front and center over and over. Thats saturation. While Cap has been presented much more recently and IS the actual leader of the Avengers, unlike Wolverine, who has stolen Cyclops screentime in a big way.

And another difference is that Cap is actually selling much more compared to his previous movie, and doing much more than Wolverine, while The Wolverine is the lowest movie of the whole franchise in USA. Wonder why Usa is loosing interest..... dont know... maybe they have seen enough of him?

The audience needs new things, not the same formula over and over. But clearly Fox doesnt understand that, while Marvel does, taking into account the diverse movie universe they have right now.

^ This is why I so much like the idea I presented a while back of Wolverine being used as the Horseman Death in this Apocalypse movie.

It keeps Wolverine, which as pointed out seems important to Fox (could anyone make a gif of some Fox exec milking Wolverine?), but it puts him is the villain role, which is totally new. It would be a very different role for Jackman, something he would likely enjoy and it would allow the focus to be on the new class of X-Men, Scott, Jean and Ororo (and hopefully Kurt).

the difference is that Marvel just started Cap trilogy recently, while Wolverine has been appearing since year 2000! so.... 14 years putting him front and center over and over. Thats saturation. While Cap has been presented much more recently and IS the actual leader of the Avengers, unlike Wolverine, who has stolen Cyclops screentime in a big way..

By 2016 Wolverine will have had 8 appearance over 16 years. That's 1 every two years, roughly.

By 2016 Captain America has 6 appearances over 6 years, that's 1 every year.

Numbers speak for themselves. Cap is more used than Wolverine overall by time/appearances.

It probably doesn't seem like it as Disney/Marvel have more franchises in use than just one unlike Fox/Marvel but relatively speaking in the same amount of years there's been more than double appearance of Cap than Wolverine.

I thought Disney is milking Ironman, but wow Captain.
JUST WOW!

How great Page, Paquin, Cudmore and Ashmore may sound they won't be the only ones to be featured alongside Fantastic Four. If the crossover really is happening, it can't be without Xavier and Magneto.
Neither will Wolverine, Storm etc etc be missing. These characters are too important in the cinematic X-Men universe. It's very unlikely do to a crossover without characters expect to be there, representing the mutant side of the crossover.

How could the two teams be tied together? It can seem impossible...
One way to go is to connect Fantastic Four to the events of DOFP and Apocalypse. As we know, Wolverine changed the history and the Sentinels program was scrapped. But the government felt that they should have some protection against the mutants, after Magneto showing off his powers at the end of DOFP.
Then we have the ancient godlike mutant who has lived for thousands of years. I suspect it will be a big threat.

That's how F4 enter the scene. They don't get their powers by accident, they get them from a military experiment.

I think it will be set either right after Apocalypse, or in the 90s, or in present day.

^ So you are predicting that the Fantastic Four movie will be set in either the 80's, or the 90's or the present?

For some reason I have a feeling you might be right...

In fact, I have a feeling that Apocalypse might be in the Apocalypse movie...

Apocalypse will definitely appear in the X-Men: Apocalypse!

I know there's been some rumor and speculation which I haven't been paying attention to, but I don't really see the need for a crossover. At the moment, I feel Fantastic Four needs X-Men more than X-Men needs Fantastic Four. I'd say wait and see how the films go.

If the Fantastic Four turned out to be a profitable movie franchise to 20th Century Fox next year, they would likely movie forward with the cross-over.

Though if Fox can't do a cross-over due to some movie rights issues, they could always consider doing an Avatar/Fantastic Four movie cross-over if they are really clamoring for Fantastic Four to get a push from a successful movie franchise.

Though if Fox can't do a cross-over due to some movie rights issues, they could always consider doing an Avatar/Fantastic Four movie cross-over if they are really clamoring for Fantastic Four to get a push from a successful movie franchise.

Disney and James Cameron are collaborating on a massive "Avatar Land" expansion to Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando. They won't agree to this crossover.

By 2016 Wolverine will have had 8 appearance over 16 years. That's 1 every two years, roughly.

By 2016 Captain America has 6 appearances over 6 years, that's 1 every year.

Numbers speak for themselves. Cap is more used than Wolverine overall by time/appearances.

It probably doesn't seem like it as Disney/Marvel have more franchises in use than just one unlike Fox/Marvel but relatively speaking in the same amount of years there's been more than double appearance of Cap than Wolverine.

the actual number is the not real issue here. Its about not exploring other options/characters, something most X-Men fans agree. Marvel is doing three different trilogies to Ironman, Cap and Thor, along with Guardians and now Antman. That alone is a pretty diverse product, unlike what Fox has done in 14 years. When most x-men are in serious need of exposure and character development. Thats the real issue here, and most fans, reporters, haters and all have agreed on this since many years ago, so its not like Im starting a new discussion on here. Its the nature of Fox's approach.

The positive side is that Deadpool and Gambit are the start of a new era, so... it was about time.

I thought Disney is milking Ironman, but wow Captain.
JUST WOW!

Its actually a good thing that they are showing more of Captain America. If there should be A poster boy for MCU, I feel like it should be Captain America.

yeah, it was a very important role in the Thor sequel, so it counts as a big push by Marvel, lol

Off topic. But I just love how Kate Mara is seen with another X-Men cast member!
http://www.eonline.com/news/601264/...ays-she-s-never-been-jealous-of-sister-rooney

rs_560x315-141125083133-1024-7kate-mara-yahoo-james-marsden.jpg

:D

Thats the closest 2 any cross over happening in other movies lolz. Gotta take what you guys can get eh

Last edited:
I just thought of something totally random...

What if the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at the end of DOFP are the Fantastic Four? Apocalypse is using them for his bidding, setting up an "X-Men vs. Fantastic Four" battle while Apocalypse watches from behind the scenes. When the heroes realize who the common enemy is, it sets up "X-Men/Fantastic 4 vs. Apocalypse"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"