Xbox The Xbox One - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just making sure, because I have heard people "claim" it's bad for the discs - or the drive.

I've been getting a lot of whirring/buzzing/humming from the drive when the console is horizontal - when playing 4K discs.

I thought I'd give the stand a try, and, so far, it is quieter vertical.

But before giving it a go vertical for a few days, I just want to make sure - it is fine, isn't it?

I know it's a very daft question, and I know they probably wouldn't design a stand if it wasn't "safe", but I don't want to damage any of my discs, frankly. Or the drive.

But it IS nice to watch Spider-Man Homecoming without the console giving off a loud humming noise/buzzing.

Just heard Fable might be making a comeback.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Xbox Head says Microsoft is “investing more” into first-party content - January 18, 2018

[FONT=&quot]Since its release in 2013, the Xbox One has not seen the same first-party support that the PlayStation 4 has. The gaming platform has...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read more
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]
source:
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gamezone[/FONT]

Well, I finally found a good mid-range standalone 4K player at a good price ( close to BF price ).

so far, setup has been a breeze, the unit is whisper quiet, and it's doing what it's supposed to do without the issues I've run into with some other standalone players.

So, hopefully, it's a keeper. and if so, that means the Xbox One ship has sailed for me.

I think the final straw for me was continuing to read about wifi connectivity issues with the X, similar to what I experienced across multiple S consoles.

Also, reading the article zenith posted above, along with some other reports and articles, I'm coming to the same feeling Iceman mentioned a few days ago. That it does feel like MS is preparing more for the next gen.

Unless MS can wow me this year at E3 by revealing must have AAA exclusives, I think I'm done with Xbox this gen. Just too many issues and bad luck.

And even if they do reveal more exclusives this year, that means that stuff will still be some years away. which puts us further closer to next gen territory.

Well, I finally found a good mid-range standalone 4K player at a good price ( close to BF price ).

so far, setup has been a breeze, the unit is whisper quiet, and it's doing what it's supposed to do without the issues I've run into with some other standalone players.

So, hopefully, it's a keeper. and if so, that means the Xbox One ship has sailed for me.

I think the final straw for me was continuing to read about wifi connectivity issues with the X, similar to what I experienced across multiple S consoles.

Also, reading the article zenith posted above, along with some other reports and articles, I'm coming to the same feeling Iceman mentioned a few days ago. That it does feel like MS is preparing more for the next gen.

Unless MS can wow me this year at E3 by revealing must have AAA exclusives, I think I'm done with Xbox this gen. Just too many issues and bad luck.

And even if they do reveal more exclusives this year, that means that stuff will still be some years away. which puts us further closer to next gen territory.
Oh right. Good luck with your new player :up:

Oh right. Good luck with your new player :up:

thanks. so far, so good. had a few issues playing some digital files, but it seems that's an issue with those files.

also, since it is a Sony player, I like how I can use the player remote to control basic functions on my Sony tv. Synergy!! :yay:

thanks. so far, so good. had a few issues playing some digital files, but it seems that's an issue with those files.

also, since it is a Sony player, I like how I can use the player remote to control basic functions on my Sony tv. Synergy!! :yay:

Oh that's a nice bonus.

Microsoft acquisition rumours doing the rounds with analysts. Some think EA would be a good target.

Microsoft acquisition rumours doing the rounds with analysts. Some think EA would be a good target.

oh, wow. that would be huge if true, especially if that means all the EA sports game (like Madden) as well as Bioware games and all other games from EA subsidiaries suddenly become Xbox exclusive.

and a move like THAT would get my attention.

and MS already has partnerships with EA, like EA access only on Xbox ( and not on PS4 ), Madden console bundles, etc.

I know Playstation usually has partnerships with EA for games like Battlefront, but if EA gets bought by MS, then that would mean games like Battlefront would go Xbox exclusive.

the big thing for me would be any future Bioware games going MS exclusive, as those are the "EA" games that matter the most to me.

also, I believe MS reports their earnings this Wed or Thurs.

so, if something's going to happen, maybe it will be announced in their report?

also, I believe MS reports their earnings this Wed or Thurs.

so, if something's going to happen, maybe it will be announced in their report?

Possibly. This is the first time in a while I remember the stock market taking any of these rumours seriously but Microsoft have an incentive to spend that recently repatriated cash soon.

and MS already has partnerships with EA, like EA access only on Xbox ( and not on PS4 ), Madden console bundles, etc.

I know Playstation usually has partnerships with EA for games like Battlefront, but if EA gets bought by MS, then that would mean games like Battlefront would go Xbox exclusive.

the big thing for me would be any future Bioware games going MS exclusive, as those are the "EA" games that matter the most to me.

Is EA Access only on Xbox? Didn’t know that. I also heard PUBG and Valve could be targets.

Whoa, the rumors aren't just EA, but also Valve and PUBG.

So if they do get Valve, what does that mean for Steam? Would Steam somehow be integrated into Xbox?

Whoa, the rumors aren't just EA, but also Valve and PUBG.

So if they do get Valve, what does that mean for Steam? Would Steam somehow be integrated into Xbox?

That would be crazy!

Is EA Access only on Xbox? Didn’t know that. I also heard PUBG and Valve could be targets.

I believe it's only on Xbox. EA also approached Sony but Sony rejected the idea saying it doesn't offer "value" to its consumers......or something like that. Most likely cuz Sony doesn't want anything competing with their own PS Now subscription service.

It was "arrogant/stupid" decisions like that from Sony that started pushing me towards Xbox a few years back. that plus lack of native BC on the PS4 to simple things like not even being able to choose your own custom image as wallpaper.

I believe it's only on Xbox. EA also approached Sony but Sony rejected the idea saying it doesn't offer "value" to its consumers......or something like that. Most likely cuz Sony doesn't want anything competing with their own PS Now subscription service.

It was "arrogant/stupid" decisions like that from Sony that started pushing me towards Xbox a few years back. that plus lack of native BC on the PS4 to simple things like not even being able to choose your own custom image as wallpaper.

That's a strange reason not to have it. Surely the consumer can decide if they find value in it and not much harm is done if it doesn't have value and hardly anyone signs up for it. Then if EA still want to make a go of it they have to improve their offering. Every single console producer seems to get a bit arrogant when they get to the top. It's a bit strange that no one ever seems to learn the lesson long term.

oh, wow. that would be huge if true, especially if that means all the EA sports game (like Madden) as well as Bioware games and all other games from EA subsidiaries suddenly become Xbox exclusive.

and a move like THAT would get my attention.
I'd like to see a full list of what games EA has outside of sports. Battlefront and Battlefield
are obviously massive. Mass Effect and Dragon Age could be made really good again. Dead Space too. It should be a no brainer for sheer numbers of exclusives as well as some real quality ones.

That new Anthem game is from EA. I know people are excited about it.

What if MS does get Valve, and revives Half Life?

That new Anthem game is from EA. I know people are excited about it.

What if MS does get Valve, and revives Half Life?

Yes that could be a huge one. Even while Mass Effect was floundering people seemed really interested in that one.

And Half Life would likely generate a tonne of interest too.

Its more likely that Disney would end their contract with EA and get a multiplatform developer to make future star wars games. Disney isn't going to abandon half of the game market just because Microsoft wants to buy EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"