• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Express is a **** rag of the highest order.... aligned with a racist bunch of ***** in politics and usually front pages hold either a 'WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE DUE TO WEATHER' 'WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE DUE TO EVIL IMMIGRANTS' or some weak as **** link to Princess Diana...

Possible price of Scorpio leaked?

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/794198/Xbox-Scorpio-price-update-news-Xbox-One-retail

399 euros is about $430 here in the US. which is kind of an odd price.

so, maybe the retail price will be $450 or maybe even $400?

if that is true, that is a very aggressive price - was expecting closer to $500 or even more.
The consoles are never currency equivalent in the different markets. The UK usually ends up paying more with similar sterling and dollar prices for the 2 despite the exchange rate difference of the time.

The consoles are never currency equivalent in the different markets. The UK usually ends up paying more with similar sterling and dollar prices for the 2 despite the exchange rate difference of the time.

ah, I see.

well, hopefully, it's a sign that the actual price will be in the $400-$500 range and the equivalent in other countries.

anything over $500 I think is pushing it, imo.

ah, I see.

well, hopefully, it's a sign that the actual price will be in the $400-$500 range and the equivalent in other countries.

anything over $500 I think is pushing it, imo.

I will be very surprised if it's not either $400 or $500 ($399 or $499). I wouldn't expect anything else, even $450 or anything in between.

I could see it being anywhere from $399 to $499.
That's the most reasonable price range, to start off with.
Either way, I doubt they're expecting it to fly off the shelves.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/526963/Loading+times+will+be+significantly+improved+on+Scorpio/

Don't know if this is old but much lower loading times is something I will love!

that's nice.

but what they really need to work on is making disc installations MUCH FASTER.

installs and patch updates - that whole process needs to be overhauled and sped up and made more efficient.

if you get a Scorpio for Xmas, you shouldn't have to wait until New Years before you are finished installing your games.....lol.

that's nice.

but what they really need to work on is making disc installations MUCH FASTER.

installs and patch updates - that whole process needs to be overhauled and sped up and made more efficient.

if you get a Scorpio for Xmas, you shouldn't have to wait until New Years before you are finished installing your games.....lol.
Haha my installs are super fast now (on original Xbox). But yeah, this thing will have so much spare capacity that they better get it optimised in all these areas.

Black Ops II now backward compatible.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Disney Infinity Playset developer Studio Gobo announces partnership with Microsoft Studios[/FONT]

Published 4 mins ago. 0 comments.

A character action game? A free-to-play game based on a major IP?
Studio-Gobo-Ann-Microsoft-Partnership.jpg
United Kingdom-based developer Studio Gobo has announced a partnership with Microsoft Studios.
Studio Gobo is mainly known for developing Playsets for the Disney Infinity series.
According to a gameplay designer job listing, Studio Gobo is currently working on a “third-person AAA character action console game.” A UX designer listing mentions a “free-to-play product based on a globally-recognized IP for a major publisher.” A senior graphics programmer listing mentions “developing a game which is a much loved and world-renowned.” And other listings simply mention an “unannounced console game.” It is unknown whether all of these listings are talking about different games, or if any of them are related to the studio’s partnership with Microsoft.
Studio Gobo did not share any more information about its partnership.

Read More

Industry,Microsoft,Studio Gobo

source: Gematsu

Yesss!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Back in March we saw Darksiders, Darksiders 2 and Assassin's Creed Revelations hit the Xbox One, but now it's time for something else! Dead Space 2 and 3 are hitting the Xbox One, along with a couple hunting games.

That's not all though! On top of Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 hitting the Xbox One, Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013, Cabela's Alaskan Adventures, Cabela's Hunting Expedition and Survival Shadows of Katmai are also hitting the Microsoft platform.

So, as a recap, the following Xbox 360 games are now available on the Xbox One.

• Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
  • Cabela's Alaskan Adventures
  • Cabela's Hunting Expedition
  • Survival Shadows of Katmai
Go grab 'em.
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
DEAD SPACE
[/FONT]

Also with

• NEWSMicrosoft "upping" their investment in first party games Today at 3:54 pm

As far as first person games go, Microsoft has been having a tough time and Xbox head Phil Spencer acknowledged...Read more

[*]Hopefully that means a lot of good games.
    [*][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As far as first person games go, Microsoft has been having a tough time and Xbox head Phil Spencer acknowledged that after Scalebound's cancellation. At the time, Spencer agreed that the team had to "take risks" and keep developing first party games.
    Now, Spencer is doubling down on that thought, saying that Xbox fans should look at how Xbox has been evolving and apply that same dedication to the games they are working on:
    "Right now the focus is really on the content that we're building. I know I get some community pushback on our first-party [slate], and what position we're in, and I want to say to people: that same level of commitment you felt from myself and from the team as we've evolved platform over the last three years--as we've evolved service over the last three years, as we've evolved and innovated hardware over the last three years--is going on with our first party. I don't want to go and pre-announce a bunch of things, but we are upping our investment, there's no doubt about that."
    The Xbox brand has definitely been making some moves, and those moves are coming from the feedback fans/users have been giving them.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With Project Scorpio on the horizon, Xbox gamers have been teased with a "diverse lineup" of Xbox games - something that is teased once again in the quote above but at a smaller level.
Spencer didn't want to "pre-announce a bunch of things" which suggests that Microsoft has a few announcements planned for E3 2017 - at least we have to trust that they do. We know there are a number of indie games in development and hopefully those aren't the announcements that have been teased.
[Guardian][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
XBOX ONE[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]source: http://www.gamezone.com/[/FONT]

Is there an official date for Xbox Game Pass yet?

Not that i've seen yet. But I'm sure there will be.

Hope that OLED screen stays!

[YT]sijvizqiCkI[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]While we have yet to get a glimpse of Xbox's final build for the beefed up Project Scorpio, but we do have another look at Project Scorpio itself. It was previously detailed that the Project Scorpio dev kit was slightly larger than an Xbox One S and has an OLED screen on the front, but a new video has shown it off in action! Check it out below:[/FONT]
Scorpio dev kit, kinda sexy no? #ProjectScorpio pic.twitter.com/o1FLT6Siv8
— Jez Corden (@JezCorden) May 3, 2017
[FONT=&quot]Sizes, as per NeoGaf:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scorpio:[/FONT]

• W: 23 USB-ports x 15,7 = 361,1 mm
  • H: 5,2 USB-ports x 15,7 = 81,64 mm
[FONT=&quot]Xbox One S[/FONT]

• W: 297mm
  • H: 65mm
[FONT=&quot]Xbox One [/FONT]

• W: 333mm
  • H: 78mm
[FONT=&quot]We will be seeing the final build and official name for Project Scorpio at E3 this year![/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot]Tags:
XBOX ONE[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]source: http://www.gamezone.com/[/FONT]

Last edited:
that FPS counter is pretty cool.

doubt it will be in the retail version, though.

Last edited:
I would love it haha.

[FONT=&quot]Two articles same place

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]Scorpio will apparently go off without a hitch.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]E3 is coming in fast, and as such, people are preparing for last minute changes to launch plans for the Xbox Scorpio. These concerned gamers took to Twitter to ask Phil Spencer.
These Xbox fans were relieved by Phil's answer which was essentially: Nothing to worry about.
6 May
iHadi @Sn4kee

@XboxP3 Phil Is there a change in the Scorpio launch date? pic.twitter.com/ye7pWUHvg4

The Scorpio is set to be revealed at E3 2017 in roughly a month on June 11. The official release date for the console has not been shared, but it's very likely to be holiday 2017.
As for the Scorpio's details, GameZone will be watching E3 like a hawk, so make sure to follow us for all your Xbox news.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

Also with
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

NEWS
Phil Spencer on console wars: 'Great Games' should not be outweighed by a 'Piece of Plastic' Yesterday at 8:45 pm

If only it were so easy, but fans and competing companies being what they are, console wars are very much a thing....Read more

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
You're preaching to the choir, Phil.

[FONT=&quot]If only it were so easy, but fans and competing companies being what they are, console wars are very much a thing. Even if Xbox Head Phil Spencer is not a fan. Earlier today, Phil Spencer engaged in a discussion with fans on Twitter in regards to some praise he gave to the recently released Little Nightmares. One fan claimed that Spencer "got hate for promoting Little Nightmares from a fanboy," which is odd considering the game is available on every major platform but the Nintendo Switch. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spencer's response couldn't have been more on point.[/FONT]
20h
John Laster @cain141

@BeastFireTimdog That's just downright stupid. Love seeing @XboxP3 or @XboxQwik shine a light on indies or titles people might miss out on otherwise.​

Follow
Phil Spencer ✔@XboxP3

@cain141 @BeastFireTimdog @XboxQwik When specific game discussions turn from playing great games to which piece of plastic I own I feel like we've lost the plot a bit.​
11:43 AM - 8 May 2017

[FONT=&quot]It's hard to go against Spencer's logic, but ultimately it feels like a pipe dream. Until people stop caring about owning something that's perceived to be better than another person, or group of people (which will never happen), console wars will always be a thing. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Spencer himself is widely known as a very active person on social media, regularly engaging fan questions and thoughts. He recently commented that Scorpio shouldn't have any issues at launch, and recently paid a visit to developer Rare to check out Sea of Thieves, a game which he is emphasizing its "long-term growth."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source: [Twitter][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

source: http://www.gamezone.com/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Creators Program allows devs to enable Windows features.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At GDC 2017, Microsoft announced the new Xbox Live Creators Program. This program is an initiative designed to give developers an easier time releasing games with Xbox Live functionality across Windows 10 and Xbox One.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At Build 2017, the type of functionality was revealed. Andrew Parsons, Senior Program Manager for Game Developers at Microsoft took the stage for a session called "State of Play: Modern game development." It was then he explained that the Creators Program will give developers the ability to enable all Windows Features on the Xbox One, which includes full keyboard support.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This could benefit certain sectors of the development community, allowing mouse-heavy genres to be more easily programmed and even played on the Xbox One.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, Microsoft engineer James Yarrow added that there is one major obstacle to this plan. He noted that support for a mouse "probably won't work." Upon further clarification, he stated that most models of mice won't be compatible, but Microsoft hopes to add support over time.[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
MICROSOFT
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Two articles same place

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Also with
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

NEWS
Phil Spencer on console wars: 'Great Games' should not be outweighed by a 'Piece of Plastic' Yesterday at 8:45 pm

If only it were so easy, but fans and competing companies being what they are, console wars are very much a thing....Read more

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Well said, Phil. Gamers acting like gaming is a gang turf war is so ****ing childish. Yes, one console is objectively more powerful than another, but no need to be a dick about it.

Just bought an S! Gonna leave one of my X1s at my parent's house. It was becoming a right pain having to take it down every time which was forcing me to drive.

[FONT=&quot]
Its A Bold Strategy Cotton, Lets See If It Pays Off For Em

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Xbox has been flexing their muscles in various ways in preparation for their next big console, Project Scorpio, and yet again Phil Spencer has been doing his hours in the muscle flexing department.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When Phil Spencer flexes his Projecto Scorpio muscles it's on Twitter, typically while answering some random dudes question or shutting down fools. This time around Microsoft has had about three console launches to practice on, and Phil, as well as the rest of the guys in PR, are doing what they can to reassure fans that Project Scorpio will both be the best console available when it launches and that it will launch smoothly.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This time though, Spencer, on the question if Destiny 2 and future CoD games would look better on Scorpio, boldly stated that "Scorpio will be the very best console version of games this year", yeah, "very best console version of games ". We already know Xbox One won't hold it back, but this was on another level.[/FONT]
@XtremeGaming22 I'm very confident, from what we are seeing and hearing, Scorpio will be the very best console version of games this year..
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) 23 maj 2017
[FONT=&quot]With E3 around the corner, we will surely be granted some more great Project Scorpio news and even more details on the system and what it comes with. For all the currently available info on E3 and when each event starts, click here![/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
CONSOLECONSOLE WARCONSOLE WARSE3E3 2017PHIL SPENCERPROJECT SCORPIOXBOX ONE
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

Is that really even much of an achievement? Whichever console comes out last (outside of current Nintendo ones) you'd expect to have the best console version for multiplats.

Is that really even much of an achievement? Whichever console comes out last (outside of current Nintendo ones) you'd expect to have the best console version for multiplats.
I really don't know. BTw I tried contacting you the night before and the hype says your pm inbox is full. Anyway you should look in the marvel heroes omega thread the ps4 Open beta's be gun and they have new trailer out too. And they set the Xbox one version of the private for the 20th. Just letting you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"