Homecoming The Zendaya is possibly someone, maybe thread - Part 4

I watched the Breakfast Club for the first time last week, and I noticed a strong similarity between Ally Sheedy's character and Michelle (Homecoming even borrowed one of her jokes from Breakfast club.) I feel like Michelle is essentially Marvel's version of that character, not an adaption of Mary Jane. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was just written into the movie as an homage to Breakfast Club, and naming her "MJ" was just an afterthought. I still don't think we'll see the comic version of Mary Jane in the MCU (at least with Holland's series), I can't see them having two characters at the same time with the name "MJ".

I'm also curious where the name "Jones" came from. I saw it on one of the wikis, but I'm not sure if that's considered canon by Marvel or not.

What a massive letdown! Especially with all the mystery surrounding her, she was a waste. Obviously this was to set her up in the next film but she added nothing to this one. She was intended to be comic relief but her humor was dry and did not work at all. She really didnt fit in with the other character as well

I have to disagree, I thought she had some of the funniest scenes in the movie.

it's been known for quite some time many of the character archetypes were based on the breakfast club.

I wonder how many times must they reboot Spider-Man before finally getting it all right...

zendaya-pink-dress-spiderman-rex21.jpg

Mary Jane attended the premiere but not the movie.
giphy.gif

tumblr_p264k1JyQ61vest43o1_400.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"