• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

There could be another burning building in Spider-Man 3...

Aaargh! This is worse than that thing in Black Spidey's eye.

Now listen, there are two things needed to justify a burning building theory.

1)A building

2)Something burning

So far we have neither. It's just something orange behind him with smoke. Infact, it's more logical to justify that it's an image of the explosion after throwing the pumpkin bomb at Harry. Isn't he wearing the same jacket? Anyway, it's way to far-fetched to derive a burning building from THAT pic.

Maybe the backgound doesn't mean fire.... maybe it has just that golden tone like the Spidey 2 wallpapers...

Dark Prophet said:

1)A building

2)Something burning
Um, is it just me, or is there a burning building at 00:19 in trailer #2. It sure looks that way to me.

Dark Prophet said:

1)A building

2)Something burning

So far we have neither. It's just something orange behind him with smoke. Infact, it's more logical to justify that it's an image of the explosion after throwing the pumpkin bomb at Harry. Isn't he wearing the same jacket? Anyway, it's way to far-fetched to derive a burning building from THAT pic.

Keep in mind that we have about 3 minutes of footage from the movie out of probably close to 2 1/2 hours. So there is a strong chance that there is going another burning building in this movie.

Vile said:
Woah woah woah.

Who said I'll be paying? :yay: I have an old buddy who's a manager at a theater so he gets those 'coupon' things. I havent paid for a movie in years.

Yes, that includes Spider-Man 1 and 2. =P

Yeah, sure they all say that. "I have a friend who gets me in for free" or "I work in the local cinema and I get free showings".

"I sneak into movies" is another fav too. Mr Parker and Bakerboy, the infamous organics haters, used that one alot.

You'll have your ass in that theatre come May 4th, with a fully paid for ticket in your pocket :oldrazz:

the burning buildings are gettin old. im sure sam wont do it again, since spidey 3 is already so different from the first two.

The wallpaper has nothing to do with there being a burning building in Spider-Man 3 if there is one. Wow, we're really getting desperate for news aren't we?

Vulcan said:
the burning buildings are gettin old. im sure sam wont do it again, since spidey 3 is already so different from the first two.
the burning buildings is a very great thing of the movies, hopefully we will see it in spidey3, i never get tired of it.

Vulcan, where is the burning building in that photo.:huh: I see Spider-Man swinging on top of a building.

NewYorkSpider said:
Vulcan, where is the burning building in that photo.:huh: I see Spider-Man swinging on top of a building.

You should watch the actual trailer. It does look like a burning building in the background. That pic doesnt do it justice.

Doc Ock said:
Yeah, sure they all say that. "I have a friend who gets me in for free" or "I work in the local cinema and I get free showings".

"I sneak into movies" is another fav too. Mr Parker and Bakerboy, the infamous organics haters, used that one alot.

You'll have your ass in that theatre come May 4th, with a fully paid for ticket in your pocket :oldrazz:

Believe me or not, thats up to you - doesnt bother me either way. While I can't speak for ol' Bakerboy or Mr Parker, it's hardly a revolutionary idea and is actually quite common - not to mention anything to save a buck is nice.

You are right about one thing, though - I will be there on May 4...my money will not though.

Besides, one has nothing to do with the other. Sam getting our money or not, these boards would be a tad boring if we all just transformed into mindless automotons and pranced around saying "We love the Spidey movies. They are flawless. We love Sam Raimi."

I'll moan about the films all I want. Anyone who doesnt like it...well, there is sadly nothing you can do about it.

=)

Double post demons strike again!

Hahaha...you have an old buddy. :)

I myself own an entire theater chain, why I haven't paid to see a movie since the 80s, lol.

Okay...well, where exactly is this ignorance coming from?

Now, on one hand perhaps 'Mr Parker' and 'Bakerboy' and (if it will help you sleep at night) myself are lying (And I honestly don't see the reason to lie about such a thing, since it changes nothing) then...okay. We're lying. There ya go.

But it is so hard to believe I (I won't include them as I dont know exactly what they've said) am telling the truth? Is this concept so incredibly 'out there' and 'hard to accept'? You said you 'own an entire theater chain' though it's obvious it's a sarcastic remark...but ya know what? Who am I to say you don't? And whats wrong with that if you DO? Nothing. I'm sorry you guys don't get to enjoy this little 'filmic freedoms' (and I don't mean sneaking in...I've never snuck into a movie ever. Only using the 'coupons' or 'Passes' if you will) but ya know what...it DOES happen. Welcome to reality. Further more, I hightly doubt I'm alone here as I'm sure dozens of posters on these boards also enjoy this.

You view my posts as moaning and whining. I view yours as mindless fanboy praise. Nothing wrong with either, because it's called an opinion - and like I said, without it, this place would be mighty boring.

Vile said:
Believe me or not, thats up to you - doesnt bother me either way. While I can't speak for ol' Bakerboy or Mr Parker, it's hardly a revolutionary idea and is actually quite common - not to mention anything to save a buck is nice.

It only becomes common when these movie bashers are confronted with actually paying to see these movies. Suddenly they all say they get in for free.

You were no exception :yay:

You are right about one thing, though - I will be there on May 4...my money will not though.

Yeah, sure :cwink:

I'll moan about the films all I want. Anyone who doesnt like it...well, there is sadly nothing you can do about it.

Dude, nobody cares if you moan about these movies or not.

For someone who dislikes these movies, you sure frequent these forums alot though.

Funny irony =)

Doc Ock said:
It only becomes common when these movie bashers are confronted with actually paying to see these movies. Suddenly they all say they get in for free.

You were no exception :yay:

Yeah, sure :cwink:

Dude, nobody cares if you moan about these movies or not.

For someone who dislikes these movies, you sure frequent these forums alot though.

Funny irony =)

Common place? You're right. But as I said in my previous posts, it's a pretty ignorant statement to make. Do some people lie? (perhaps...even most?) maybe, I don't know.

But ya know what? It does happen, and believe me or not...I'm one of them. And, as I said before, I am HARDLY alone.

And again, it doesnt matter either way. See previous post as I dont need to type the same thing twice. =)

As to why do I frequent these forums...well, grab a knee kiddies! A long time ago in a land far, far away I actually enjoyed Spider-man. Indeed, I collected for about fourteen, fourteen and half years. I eventually dropped the comics when the quality dropped into the toilets - then I heard they were making a Spidey film and I was all smiles and giggles.

I enjoyed Spidey 1, despite it's flaws. I walked out of Spidey II when it became pathetically aparent where the movie was going...and Spidey 3? Well...we'll see either way.

Now just because I don't kiss my picture of Raimi goodnight before bed does not mean I can't critique these films. I WAS a fan dammit..I'd very MUCH like to see a great spidey franchise.

Just because I don't enjoy the films does not mean I can't state such on these boards.

Last time I checked, these were just the 'Spider-Man' boards - not "Spider-Man Boards But Only If You Loved The Movies".

Irony? Perhaps.

Vulcan said:

Seems a lot like burning building to me....

Really... Are some of you guys hopelessly insane?

First of all, it would only make sense to have a burning building scene if it was Dark Spidey in it to show how a different 'character' handles that situation (which I strongly doubt will be in the movie anyway). That scene in that pic either takes place at the Spider-Man day festival or the end of the movie. I mean, do you honestly think Spider-Man is going to let a building burn to the ground behind him while he poses for his 'money shot' in front of the flag? Seriously... Be a little reasonable here.

Thank god you're not in charge of the Spider-Man movies... or any movies for that matter.

Vile said:
Common place? You're right. But as I said in my previous posts, it's a pretty ignorant statement to make. Do some people lie? (perhaps...even most?) maybe, I don't know.

But ya know what? It does happen, and believe me or not...I'm one of them. And, as I said before, I am HARDLY alone.

As I said, every time a movie basher is confronted with forking out cash for movies they constantly complain about, they claim they see them for free.

Happens practically every single time.

Maybe you're telling the truth, maybe not. I can only go with my gut instinct and choose to not believe it. Nothing personal. It's just I've heard it too many times. Some people do it just to save face. Combined with the fact you're always around here posting, I just find it hard to believe you don't fork out money for these movies.

As to why do I frequent these forums...well, grab a knee kiddies! A long time ago in a land far, far away I actually enjoyed Spider-man. Indeed, I collected for about fourteen, fourteen and half years. I eventually dropped the comics when the quality dropped into the toilets - then I heard they were making a Spidey film and I was all smiles and giggles.

I enjoyed Spidey 1, despite it's flaws. I walked out of Spidey II when it became pathetically aparent where the movie was going...and Spidey 3? Well...we'll see either way.

Now just because I don't kiss my picture of Raimi goodnight before bed does not mean I can't critique these films. I WAS a fan dammit..I'd very MUCH like to see a great spidey franchise.

And that's what I don't understand. You claim you dislike this franchise, yet you're still here posting all the time.

Why??

I hated the FF and Superman Returns movie, so I don't bother going over there to post. Not about the movies or the up coming sequals.

No interest in a franchise I don't like.

I wasn't questioning why you come to the Spider-Man forums, I was questioning why you come to the movie forums. You said yourself you want to see a great Spidey franchise. Well, since you're so displeased so far, what makes you think it's going to get better when the same people who made the first two are making this one??

In fact, so far I haven't seen you say one positive thing about SM-3.

Just because I don't enjoy the films does not mean I can't state such on these boards.

Yeah, you've stated how you feel.

Why do you feel the urge to continually do so?? It's literally every day you go around making snide and sarcastic remarks.

Doesn't bother me how often you do this, I'm just curious as to why you hang around doing this all the time??

Last time I checked, these were just the 'Spider-Man' boards - not "Spider-Man Boards But Only If You Loved The Movies".

Irony? Perhaps.

I've said the exact same thing to others who whined when I criticized the flaws of the Spidey movies.

I'm not questioning your right to be here. I'm wondering why you're here at all, because unlike myself, all you ever say is negative things about the movies. Same thing over and over.

spidermanhero12 said:
the burning buildings is a very great thing of the movies, hopefully we will see it in spidey3, i never get tired of it.

Well I do. Its tired and unecessary. However, I do like the idea of there being a fire during the alledged fatal 4 way match at the construction site. That I wouldn't mind seeing, it'll be radically different.

Mr 7000+ said:
Well I do. Its tired and unecessary. However, I do like the idea of there being a fire during the alledged fatal 4 way match at the construction site. That I wouldn't mind seeing, it'll be radically different.

Agreed.:up: No more Spidey saving children from a burning building.

NewYorkSpider said:
Agreed.:up: No more Spidey saving children from a burning building.
maybe there wont be a burning building in spidey3, who knows, hopefully there will be though, if he does save people from the burning building, it wont he when hes peter parker it will be when hes spidey in his red and blue suit, the symbiote hates fire so he wouldnt be able to do it with the symbiote.

spidermanhero12 said:
maybe there wont be a burning building in spidey3, who knows, hopefully there will be though, if he does save people from the burning building, it wont he when hes peter parker it will be when hes spidey in his red and blue suit, the symbiote hates fire so he wouldnt be able to do it with the symbiote.

Think about this. In Spider-Man 1, he got his powers and he saved a baby. It was all about him becoming a hero. In Spider-Man 2, he lost his powers and still saved a kid from a burning building. That was all about him not being Spider-Man anymore. Now you have Spider-Man 3. He is influenced by the symbiote to make bad decisions and act different. So, im guessing that he will see a burning building this time and will just walk away without a care in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"