• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

There needs to be a new Star Trek series...

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
Seriously, and not some damned prequel either. I know, I know, where getting the remake. But Star Trek is mean't for the small screen. When it comes ot big screen adventures the franchise is so hit or miss it's not funny.

While Enterprise had a good final season, although ruined by the series finale, I don't want to see anymore prequels. We as fans were left hanging in the 24th century with DS9 and Nemesis, just when things were getting spicy. The morality of the Federation, Section 31, Humanities dark side starting to reappear and rear it's ugly head due to the threats of the Dominion and Borg, religion vs. science, etc etc. I really think in the coming years of the Trek universe, due to all the random threats and hatred thrown Earth's way, that the dark side of humanity will start scratching it's way back to the surface, and see the struggle to control that would make for excellent television.

My two idea's for a tv series is either a show set at the dawn of the 25th century or a Section 31 show. I'll write out my idea's for the 25th century show later, I'm going to bed now!

There is a new animated series in the works.

As for the movies, the only bad one is Final Fronteir.

I've been asking for a new Trek series for ages. I was an 'Enterprise' fan when it was around. I hate the fact that they ended the show without a series finale.

Nah sorry it has run it's course on TV for now.

It would have to do very well to out perform Battle Star Galatica

I always wanted a Trek show to be base on the Black ops world. I sure the Federation has their own black ops teams that take care of the dirty work no one is suppose to know about.

I want a Starfleet Academy series! You could get a lot of aliens in the academy, and a bunch of holodeck training repraising some clasic episodes...

There is a new animated series in the works.
Cool! didn't know about that. Do you have any more info?

Hmmm...

I agree. There does need to be a new Star Trek series, and it has to reinvent the franchise as strongly as Next Gen did... we can't have another NG-DS9-Voy level show... that is what is done, as others have put it.

Enterprise was Star Trek, but it was horribly mediocre and fell short so many times that it doesn't matter that it could have passed for a good show in it's fourth season. Again, a different era could work, though, in this case, it didn't.

The Next Gen Era has run it's course, as stated above. You've got to start superfresh, or you'll have to let it go. There's nothing more to be said about the 24th century... BUT if you take that "humanity's dark side" thing to the nines and pull out a Federation Civil War... man... you've got something really incredible... the breakdown of civilization can be awesome and new for Star Trek.

Ownage.

EDIT:
A Starfleet Academy show could be awesome as well, and that is the one caveat that I would consider worth revisiting the 24th Century for.

I wouldn't mind a new show. But we've had good shows and movies from Star Trek before. I want a good Star Trek game, maybe like an FPS where you have campaigns for different species. I mean seriously with all of the epic battles and encounters over time is it THAT hard to make a good game. I mean really.

There needs to be a new series, and it needs to have a midget

^^ A little person as captain would be cool.

Also, I agree with many that a "special forces" type of 24th Century show would work. Because technically, the last two things we were left with in the Alpha quadrant were the Federation just coming out of a shattering war, and the Romulan empire, supposedly the largest single entity in the quadrant, left in chaos. If that doesn't generate plotlines, I don't know what will.

I always wanted a Trek show to be base on the Black ops world. I sure the Federation has their own black ops teams that take care of the dirty work no one is suppose to know about.

I second that. That would be sick.

Personally, I'd like to see a Star-Trek series that isn't about Starfleet. There's such a big, rich universe in Star Trek that it would be a damn shame if other aspects of it weren't explored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"